on 13 January 2014
The heading says it all. I must point out that I bought this printer after extensive research on cheap, good quality and affordable printers, in which this one topped the polls. I finally had a look on 'WHICH' magazine and this printer was said to be the most affordable and also this printer had the cheapest inks you could get from an inkjet. The ink prices is what sold this printer to me.
33 Comments| 180 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 December 2013
The main reason I bought this printer is that it has wi-fi, I can print things from the phone, Ipad etc. Multifunctional which is useful. It also has bigger capacity ink cartridges which are cheaper to replace than other brands.
0Comment| 96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 7 May 2016
This is an easy to use, reasonably priced printer - that produces effective, good quality prints. I fully recommend it for both personal use and for small businesses.

It's a good brand - Brother - and works as both a printer and a scanner. It takes 3 colour cartridges and 1 black (4 in total), and they're easy to fit and replace. It did take me about 45 minutes to initially set up - as you've got to input all the information regarding your internet connection, so the printer can work wirelessly.

Once up and running, it's so simple to use! You can request a print remotely (so long as you're online), rather than needing to have your computer directly connected to the printer.

The paper tray takes about 150 sheets of paper. I've found that, using just black ink, you can print up to 1,000 sheets of writing before needing to replace the ink. And, if you print colour photos, you can get about 50 to 80 reasonable quality A4 prints from a set of inks.

I've had this printer for a while, and there have been occasions - say, when I've gone on holiday - when I've not used the machine for a few weeks. I find that, after not being used in a while, the printer needs to be re-calibrated ... this takes about 5 minutes (and the machine does it itself).

Overall, a really good looking machine that performs well. Okay, it's not an industrial machine. Nor does it print perfect photos. But for printing letters, labels and leaflets it's great.
on 16 December 2014
My last Brother multi function printer expired after over 8 years of daily usage. That printer was a free replacement for an earlier Brother MFC printer which had print head problems. It was replaced way out of the guarantee period. Brother printers are the cheapest to run, each colour has it's own tank and they are so reliable.
on 5 April 2017
Best printer I have ever had , Ink is cheap to replace and has never dried out, unlike other printers I have had
on 18 May 2015
Works well from the laptop. Disappointed with the printing from the Tablet / Phone. Cannot print directly from source document / website as printing can only be done from the App, becomes cumbersome if you want to print a picture from your gallery as you have to search through the gallery to get to the picture.
on 28 May 2014
This is the best printer that I've ever had.
Very good value for money and the cartridges are reasonable.
The only drawback is that printing on both sides is manual not automatic, but as I don't do a lot of printing that doesn't matter in my case.
I would certainly recommend it for god, cheap every day printing.
on 29 August 2014
Owned for a year. For the money, a great printer. Wireless set-up worked first time - not always the case. Compatible ink can be obtained fairly cheaply.

Downside, it doesn't do duplex.
Very easy to set up and produces a good quality print. Easy to use nothing complicated.
on 14 January 2015
bought this April 2014 very pleased with it never given me any trouble very good software with it love printing from my laptop anywhere in the house to this printer.