on 1 August 2014
I have always sneered at Kipling, thinking they were cheap, nasty and very expensive. BUT then I received this as a gift. It is amazing! Mine is a sort of minky brown which looks smart with most outfits. The quality is very good.

The Tardis has nothing on this bag! It holds masses of stuff and is comfortable to wear. Currently I have an A5 diary, very large purse, mobile, reading glasses and sun glasses, 6 lipsticks (don't ask), 2 cheque books, 2 tubes of the mint with the whole, notebook, the sock I'm knitting on four needles, my horse's passport and medical records, large bunches of keys for two houses and the paperback that I'm reading and there is still room for more,.
69 people found this helpful
on 12 August 2015
This is my first Alvar but definitely won't be my last. As always with Kipling, the quality and finish are excellent and the colour I chose with the random polka dots is really versatile and unusual.

The bag has two full depth zipped compartments with handy pockets and key clip etc. and one large zipped pocket and then on the outside it has a further two shallower zipped compartments. The bag has no base as such so it sits nice and flat when it's worn, almost like a messenger bag. The shoulder strap is long but can be adjusted to quite a short length if required so it would suit any height of user. The lining is nice and pale coloured too which I prefer in swag as it makes things easier to find. All in all I would say this bag is as close to perfect as I reckon I'll get so I highly recommend it.
on 13 January 2014
Love this bag. Have it in purple lovely shade not too bright. It holds so much without being bulky and the price was fantastic
15 people found this helpful
on 17 February 2015
Firstly. Delivery. AMAZING! Ordered on Sunday evening and delivered Monday afternoon and not via Prime. Thank you to an excellent organised seller.

Secondly the bag. Excellent design size and quality which is as expected from Kipling. The size is akin to A4 horizontally. Lots of space and pockets. I wanted it for a Saturday holiday type bag so not having to lug my normal everyday work bag around at a weekend or when not at work and it is a truly exceptional size for this. Beware of Avlar S. The S I would think is stands for smaller and is for a much smaller version of this product so perhaps some have not realised that there are two sizes and maybe disappointed.
Both serve a purpose but I needed the bigger version.

Finally would not hesitate buying from this seller again as delivery and product worth more than 5 stars.
on 7 February 2014
So, it's genuine and(compared to the Kipling site/QVC etc.) relatively cheap.
I think the Alvar (as opposed to, say, the 'Alvar S'), is a great everyday bag - room for all the usual essentials and I love the dividers in the main part.
One thing I would say is that the colour I chose - Burnt Sienna - is very 'bling', very bright and brassy. I saw a QVC vid where the presenters were saying that this colour was actually quite subtle compared to how it might appear on screen - nope, it's bright!
Seeing that there are free returns for this item, I wondered whether to try to swap this one for a different colour but have decided a bit of brightness is just what I need, especially in this Winter weather so it's a keeper!
Have to say, though, I think this is going to be the start of quite a Kipling addiction.... have my eye on something in Lacquer Red or Blue next.....
on 4 July 2014
After yrs of using Kipling Defea, circumstances change & I no longer required bags of this size. Loved my Defea's but wanted a shoulder/crossbody bag-BUT NO BIG BULKY POCKETS. As a keen Kipling addict & knowing of all the bag names/styles etc, I decided on this one. Went for the Dazzling Beige option-after reading the reviews on it, saying it was darker than expected. I opened the package & was very pleasently surprised "I loved it immediately" I find both the zipped pockets on the front perfect, especially, because I prefer big purses (Uki, Brownie) & these borh fit easily into the pockets.Only one pen holder but that I can live with, key fob & the inside zipped pocket on the back wall., is alot bigger than alot of other Kipling bags. Its nice, not having to swop to my s creativity or New Money. The only thing, in my opinion that could have made this bag perfect, 2way zip (what ive become accustomed to over the yrs) & a back zip pocket.
on 9 April 2014
I have always had leather handbags. My last one died and I found the Kipling bags on Amazon whilst browsing for the perfect handbag. I have issues with my traps and shoulders, so it seemed a good idea to get a more light weight bag. Well - it was! I am a Kipling convert now. The Alvar bag is just right for my needs. In fact is bigger than I thought, but this can only be a good thing, considering how light it is. Others have called it a Tardis, and I agree. It looks flat on the outside, even with my 8 inch tablet (it will easily take a 10 inch tablet), large wallet, brolly, huge set of keys, glasses, inhaler, lipsticks, plus some odds and ends. Add a book in paper format and there is still more space for more knick knacks. Incredible. The quality is excellent, the zippers are chunky, nothing sharp. and the inside is a light colour so you can see the contents without rummaging. I am shopping for a wallet next and maybe a ruck-sack. I like to keep it simple and have only one handbag. However I fear I may be hooked on Kipling now and might just need another style and colour.......
VINE VOICEon 3 February 2012
My other Kipling bags are plain coloured and I wanted something different that would team up with my summer sandals as well as winter footwear, this print is ideal for both. It is a shoulder or crossbody style that is not as deep as my others but sits flatter to the body and has loads of space. On the front there are two zipped compartments that are handy for passports and tickets while travelling and the main bag has two separate zippers on top so you can keep your purse and valuables close to hand. There are two pen holders in this particular bag and the usual keyfob which I always find very useful. A further zipped pocket is inside as well as phone pocket and one I normally use for a mirror. Very good bargain price, I`m gathering up quite a collection of Kipling and have not been disappointed in any way.
5 people found this helpful
on 21 February 2015
Arrived before due date. I like the fall, shape and design of the bag, however the colour looks different to the picture posted on Amazon. The colour is described as Heather Olive and it does look more of an olive sludgy green/khaki colour than the sandy brown look on the website. Despite that, I am not disappointed, it's a good colour for a holiday/summer bag. I don't see the point in a pale bag that could get grubby and would look naff in a cool wet British Summer.

There are several large zipped compartments, so easy to find anything and will easily be able to transport an A4 size document just folded in half.
on 17 July 2014
This is a fab bag...perfect size with a couple of compartments for different bits and bobs...its got pen holders and a place for a mobile and a couple of other small pockets inside...it has a little strap to clip your keys to, which is a godsend (I'm always rummaging in the bottom of a bag for keys)...the front zipped pockets are hand for things like a little notebook, hand gel etc.

The material is a strong feeling nylon type and the bag feels sturdy and well made. Not sure how it will cope with dirt getting on it as that hasn't happened yet, but looks like it could go in the washer.

Cute little Kipling monkey keyring too...Carme, which is an odd name, but hey, can't have everything!

So tempted to get another in a different colour...