Top critical review
8 people found this helpful
Adequate printer. Really terrible network setup. No support for home use.
on 27 January 2014
(1) the unit appears to print OK, including double sided. Eventually, it was possible to print OK from all of Macs, Windows PCs and an iPad.
(2) the supplier, Luzern, have been perfectly helpful and would have taken the unit back if I'd insisted.
(1) The network setup was truly terrible (and by the way, I'm pretty expert at computer networks). There's no hard-wired Ethernet, so you have to use WiFi. The manual had large numbers of options cross-referenced from page to page in a way that didn't make sense. The supplied software did not work on the current version of OS X; the website made it difficult to figure out what versions of which packages to download; when I found the right packages to download, these suffered from a series of incomprehensible error messages, eventually solved by multiple reboots and a firmware upgrade.
(2) Brother's phone support is only in office hours, so I strongly suggest not buying this for home if you work during the week. The Brother people are perfectly pleasant when you speak to them - but fact is, I can't call them at a time when I'm near the printer, and their guessed advice (after two weeks of email exchanges) has not been helpful.
(3) At the end of it all, it's not been possible to make the scanner operate from the push buttons. The error messages make no sense: a message "Check the I/F cable connection between the device and your computer" when there is no cable connection because I'm using Wi Fi.
The only reasons I'm sticking with this is that I just can't stand the thought of even more hours of network setup on something else.