Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Shop now Pre-order now Shop Men's Shop Women's

on 22 November 2011
At the tender age of 18, Disney has been a part of my life since I was born. I grew up with some of the classics like The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Tarzan, Hercules and Mulan. Seeing this advertised recently, I had no choice but to snatch it up and relive some of the best years of my life.

It has all of the Disney classics that made you fall in love, as well as some of the more recent ones which are still just as good. The only ones that I feel it's lacking are "Go The Distance" and "I'll Make a Man Out of You", but I already have those in my collection already.

I've been growing up with Disney and their films for the past 18 years, and this CD sums up most of my childhood. It has classics from the likes of Cinderella, Toy Story, Pocahontas, Hercules, Mulan and Lion King with additions from the newly released likes of Enchanted and Tangled. If you're a Disney fan then I think this is needed for your collection. I've already put it on my iPod and I plan to blast this album out whilst I'm in my car with my head held high.
11 comment| 79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 November 2011
This is one where they have got it right, it's anything a fan of all the classic Disney songs that have appeared in the many movies and now TV shows could want. There have been previous Disney compilations such as The Best Disney Album In The World Ever and Disney's Greatest Hits so I never expected the NOW series to get in on the act, but now that it has pretty much all of the absolute classics and favourites from the early period right up to the Disney renaissance films in the 90's and the recent Pixar films and new Disney animations are here, there is even extra detail such as including themes from Disneyworld theme park rides included which makes it feel that bit more complete. If you either haven't got too many of the songs or just want an easy access catalogue of some of the best all-time classics, this compilation will do that for you, everything from early films such as Snow White to Aladdin & even Hannah Montana are all here.
It seem like forever that 'Disney' has been around, for many of us of course they have been, I myself was certainly brought up
with the movies from them, they fired our imagination and imprinted the memories upon us, so much so we've shared those
early times with generation after generation.
Of course the old classics like 'Bambi' 'Cinderella' 'Snow White' and 'Peter Pan' live on, and long may they do so however the
story didn't stop there, 'Disney' have continued to build new memories upon each generation that have come along with films
such as 'The Little Mermaid' 'Aladdin' 'The Lion King' 'Toy Story' 'Cars' and 'Frozen' and so it continues.
Part of the magic of all these movies and more down the years was of course the songs we associate with them, helping to indeed
build the many and lasting memories for generations yet to come.
This 4-CD Box-Set captures many of the memories from many, many of the Disney-Classics down the years.....on the first disc we
find songs from films such as .........'Frozen'........'Pocahontas'.......'The Jungle Book'......'Beauty and the Beast'........'Pirates of the
Carribbean' - The Curse of the Black Pearl'......'Sleeping Beauty'......and......'Mary Poppins' ......among the many......and on disc two
'Enchanted'......'Alice In Wonderland'......'Lilo and Stitch'......'Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs'......'Toy Story 2'.......and......'Lady
and the Tramp'......again just a few of the songs from the movies......on disc three......'Hannah Montana'......'Cinderella'......'Dumbo'
....'Pinocchio'......'The Princess and The Frog'......'Bambi'......and......'Mickey Mouse Club'......again just some of the films featured on
disc three......the fourth disc brings an array of many of the most popular Christmas Carols and Songs.
All in all, this 4-CD Box-Set Captures many of the best remembered Songs from the many Best-Loved 'Disney Films' down the years.
The Memories Live On.
on 14 March 2012
Put simply 'Now That's What I Call Disney' does exactly what it says on the tin; a musical celebration of Walt Disney's classic films.

I really liked the fact this album contains the original film versions of the songs rather than the songs be re-recorded by another artist.

The album is great value for money with songs over three CD's packed with excellent song's guaranteed to either send you back to your childhood or put you in a good mood or ideally like in my case both.

If you like Disney's films this album is a must, I think it's fantastic.
To pay significantly less than ten pounds for 67 Disney tracks, MOST of which are well-known tracks is doing pretty well.

It's not a total playlist of all-time Disney greats as, for instance: there are no eligible Muppets tracks (I love the 'Mr. Humbug' track from 'Muppet Christmas Carol, and eligible series tracks such as 'MahNahMahNah' are also overlooked - an odd area for neglect when the Muppet franchise seems to be mid-way through its latest reboot), 'Tarzan' is completely omitted (this was an award-winning soundtrack), ditto 'Monsters, Inc' (although all 3 entries in the 'Toy Story' series are represented - as are some of the straight-to-video 'Lion King' sequels, and 'Return to Neverland'), and the 'Winnie the Pooh' series is reduced - yet again - to the (admittedly excellent) 'The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers'... what happened to the title track or 'Little Black Raincloud'? Other films/genres are perhaps a little over-represented: the non-musical 'Pirates of the Caribbean' franchise earning 2 entries.

There are some less well-known tracks e.g. 'Hannah Montana' tracks, recent additions to the genre, and Broadway hits evening out cinematic classics, creating a balance that is generally worth buying, even for previous Disney collection owners. It's not always the best-paced of albums - the third disc in particular tending to centre around older, slower, and less-famous tracks.

BUT most of what people associate with Disney is nicely represented: 'Lion King', 'Aladdin' 'Beauty and the Beast', 'Tangled', 'Snow White', 'Jungle Book', etc providing multiple tracks.

If you're looking for a bulk, basic Disney set that incorporates MOST of their classic musical numbers you'd be extremely hard-pressed to find anything better.
on 28 November 2011
This collection covers Disney from the very to start to the current releases (Tangled and Toy Story 3) and has every track you expect to be in a Disney collection, plus a few you wouldn't (One Jump Ahead from Aladdin leaps to mind -sorry, bad pun)
If you haven't got many Disney CD collections, this is the one to pick up.
Unfortunately, I am only missing 12 tracks from this collection, so might wait awhile. It would be a good way of bringing all my favourites together in one place, though.
on 22 October 2016
Disney has always been in my life, from growing up, to now watching my kids watch it. I grew up with some of the classics and noticed that my 4yr old daughter has taken an even bigger interest.
She watches the old Disney films and doesn’t even blink at the dated graphics.
I bought the cd for my daughter to play in her room and in the car and we belt out the lyrics together the loudest we can and we love it!

Product: Solid casing, cover in perfect condition and not a single blemish/mark/ or scratch on any of the cd’s.
review image review image review image
on 4 August 2016
Hours of singing along in the car, introducing my baby to Disney and he has started babbling along to a couple of the songs. Disappointed not to hear any songs from Bedknobs and Broomsticks however, but a really good combination of songs from other films. Even managed to play a few games of 'Guess the film' with the nephew and niece...and the Grandparents! Good value.
on 1 May 2016
I Love Disney!!!

I had an album like this years ago and lost it!! So I went to buy it again but came across this. Without a doubt this is by far the best Disney album out there. When I had lost my original I was gutted but after buying this, I am definitely much happier now. Anyway, my original was hidden in my draw which I later found but soon sold it on the car boot as I now have this one which is far better. And with a bonus this comes with Xmas addition.... perfect for the holidays!
on 6 January 2012
A very good CD at very good value. I know some people are complaining about the songs on there and lack of any thing from tarzan. I can confirm there isn't any tarzan but there are songs from all the other disney classics and if the only fault people have is with the songs and not the quality then maybe they should google what songs are on there like I did to avoid disappointment.

I hope you found this helpful