on 11 January 2017
I had been looking for a heart rate monitor for ages, but knew I didn't want to spend a fortune. After trying a few that were truly awful I found this Polar one. Knowing they are a good brand when it comes to heart rate monitors I had to try this one - I love white and it was a great price at £40.

It arrived on a day I happen to have a personal training session so I got to try it out with some help. The chest strap is really comfortable and not bulky at all. The watch is a good size and really comfy, the strap is really soft feeling and well designed so it says in place, even when thrashing about on the ropes at the gym.

I put in all my info, age, height, weight etc and did the test it has on there to get a gauge of my basic resting heart rate. During the workout it worked really well and even automatically synced up to the running machine I was on. It seemed pretty accurate as far as I can tell, and also gave me the calories I had burnt.

It is easy to gauge if you are working in the right heart rate zone by toggling through the different modes on the watch, so this is really good if you are using it to get into the fat burning zone.

When the workout is over you can see a summary of what you did, it also gives you a weekly summary. It has a built in trainer in the fact that you can set yourself targets based on what you want to achieve. I want to loose weight, so it has given me a weekly target of 5 hours working out with a plan to burn 1800 calories. I haven't quite had it a week yet, so can't confirm the effectiveness, but it is nice to have a target.

The downsides are that you can't download the info to a phone or computer without purchasing another device that connects to your computer via USB. At the moment this doesn't bother me too much, as you do get your summery on the watch, and this is much much cheaper than some other higher spec options.
The other downside is this really is only a heart rate monitor for workouts. It is no good if you want a pedometer, running tracker, sleep monitor etc. I think you can again purchase extra sensors, like one that goes into your trainer to track running (haven't fully looked into this) but saying that it is an excellent heart rate monitor, and I didn't purchase it to do all these other things.

For £40 this is an excellent piece of kit, it might have less functions than something like a fitbit, but it is much more accurate on heart rate and calories because you use the chest strap.

Even though I have only had it a few days, I love it, would defiantly recommend it. It gets very addictive checking where your heart rate is when running, swimming (oh yes it is waterproof too) or generally working out.
on 24 March 2017
Received my watch earlier than expected.
It is much more indepth than my previous polar watch which gives the incentive to work harder. The watch is slightly bigger with a longer and more flexible strap. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to keep a track on calories burnt and doesn't want to pay the premium price tag.
on 6 March 2017
Although described as "Polar Women's FT60" this actually appears to be the FT60 and not the FT60F, the gents version with the larger wrist strap as opposed to the ladies version; exactly as the picture shows (compare Polar Women's FT60 Heart Rate Monitor and Sports Watch - White with Polar FT60 Heart Rate Monitor and Sports Watch) In addition to that the price was most reasonable.

Having used it a bit it appears to do exactly what it says it does. The only criticism I have of it is that the elapsed training time readout, the bottom line of the display is a little small not massively easy to read. Apart from that I am very happy with it.
on 5 February 2015
The battery lastet about 10 minutes before I had to buy a new one. I also didn't realise that when you use the watch as a normal wristwatch, there is only hours and minutes, but no seconds! This makes the watch completely useless for everyday use. Very disappointed. I have had polar watches for the last 10-15 years, but this is the first time I have wanted to return it straight away!
on 24 June 2015
They do NOT last, sent mine back after 18 months and cost to repair is not much less than buying a new one, if they advise they only last up to a couple of years then fine, at least apple bring out new products and make no bones about longevity.
Waste of money and polar should look at the reviews.
Also if you are buying and you want to download the info you need the flowlink, no mention when I bought.
I will NOT be buying again.
on 12 January 2016
Everything was going really well with my new FT60F until about 6 months after I purchased it. It decided to stop talking to my strap sensor and when it did it only connected for a few seconds then nothing again.. Really frustrating!! I bought a new strap for it 'the H7 Bluetooth sensor' as it says it works with this watch! But again nothing! What a complete waste of money!! Not a happy bunny at all!!!
on 3 January 2017
It was great until the heart monitor stopped working today! I only got it in October and I tried changing the battery but still doesn't work. Very disappointed
on 27 April 2017
Great! The machines at my gym syncs with the heart monitor, I love the calories count feature, and the fact that the watch tells you if you fitness or toning is improving. The design is cute, and I think Polar is still the best!
on 20 October 2014
This is CONSTANTLY losing signal. Went for a run and had no signal at all for 20 mins. Often find that it loses signal after every 15-20 minutes. Not fit for purpose at all.
on 14 January 2017
Great for telling me heart rate and how many calories I've burned in gym session or out walking! It's great that it tells a percentage of fat burn also. Very happy with it