on 18 May 2014
Having had a positive experience of the K400r (with its smooth movement and firm judder-proof connection) I needed more of the same, but with more keys to better navigate my video editor. This offering costs 3 times as much, but is neither judder proof nor smooth. It failed my first test, that's to pick up an edge to a Windows frame and expand it, and if a touchpad can't do that its useless to me.
If the basic usability had been better I might have become accustomed to changes in control this keyboard encompasses, but since it failed the first test I will never know.
A huge let down after the positive experience with the much cheaper K400r.
At least Amazon was prompt and efficient with the refund.
Maybe I got a rogue that got through quality control, who knows.
on 22 June 2017
The track pad, which is what i wanted this keyboard for has never worked properly.

1, trackpad is too wobbly
2, not all of the surface of the trackpad is active or operational. Only part of it works.
3, too easy to touch the trackpad surface when typing

Just an overall bad experience. 55 quid down the drain.
on 12 April 2017
Good price, good quality and fast delivery.
on 8 May 2017
I found this keyboard an excellent choice due to my restricted use of hands and fingers. I would gladly recommend this item to anybody looking for a good Value For Money all in one keyboard.
HALL OF FAMETOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 2 January 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
First, although neither Logitech or Amazon seem to make clear, this keyboard works very well with Windows 8.1 including several keys that make using Windows 8 or 8.1 a bit easier - especially a button to press to change between the old desktop Windows layout and the new interface and back again. Unlike others I has no problem in setting the keyboard up. You have to plug a small dongle into a USB port. I chose a USB 2 port as opposed to a USB 3 as Logitech advise that its technical support pages be read if using a USB 3.0. If your computer only has 3.0 ports you might want to look at the Logitech site before purchasing. Once the dongle is plugged it it contains the software necessary to use the keyboard.

Whilst the keyboard is good with large and well spaced keys I think the trackpad is the standout feature. With 8.1 it supports more than a dozen features including the standard left and right mouse clicks, the ability to drag a window around the screen, the ability to switch to another program that's running and more. The only problem is trying to remember the combination of number of fingers touching the pad and the direction to move them in.For Windows 8.1 at least the keyboard comes with software to change the options for performing certain functions with animation showing you where to place your finger(s) and which direction to move them in. The touchpad is also large - around the same size as the Apple Magic Trackpad. It also seems to be very responsive.

So overall pretty good, but there are some issues. The function buttons cover a range of functions but with Windows 8.1 at least don't all perform the action the manual describes. However the software I mentioned above allows you to programmme the keys to your requirements. More importantly the dongle will use one of your USB ports as it has to be plugged in all the time. The keyboard will also only work with Windows 7 and 8 (including 8.1). I think I'd prefer the keyboard to use bluetooth technology rather than WiFi (which requires the dongle). This would not necessitate the use of a dongle and might increase the number of devices the keyboard will work with. There's no chance of using the keyboard with anything that doesn't have a full size USB input so can't be used with pretty much all tablets even if it were compatible with iOS, Apple or Android operating systems. While it will work with a laptop - where the touchpad size is a real bonus - the existing keyboard gets in the way. Here you're really looking at a keyboard to replace your existing desktop computer keyboard. For this it will do well but unless your existing keyboard/mouse/trackpad breaks, bearing in the cost, I'm not sure it's a sensible purchase. Plus, as I've noted, remembering the combinations with the keypad takes a bit of time.

Overall though worth four stars.
VINE VOICEon 20 February 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
*Third* attempt to write the review with this keyboard. First two goes, I managed to delete it somehow (rats)... and it looks like it may be something to do with the new layout for reviews on Amazon...

The TK820 is a compact, sleek keyboard & trackpad. It's light & well built, though there is some flex in the bottom right corner of the track pad (so probably not best advised to hold it there).

Setting up was a doddle with the unifying receiver dongle, in fact I already have one in my main PC and the setup helpfully pointed that out (I could still use both dongles, if I wanted). Seems Logitech allows multiple devices to be controlled by one receiver (which is great if you *really* need to operate mice with both feet at once), but I opted for one, which means I can keep the other dongle for my Win8 media machine. They keyboard layout & feel is similar to my HP laptop, so navigation no strain on the fingers. Even the function key presses are easy to remember, though the blue writing on the keys isn't easily visible in low light, so if you're not sure you're going to squint a lot. There's also a key combination, that I haven't been able to replicate, that deleted my first draft of this review..

The other main piece for this keyboard is the trackpad. It's a little over three inches (sorta) square on the right hand side (sorry lefties) and has left and right clickable areas at the bottom which seems rather stiff in operation (or just use the tap to click function). In Windows 7 I was able to move around and manipulate with single, double and multiple finger presses & swipes. Very intuitive, even though I pretty much use a mouse all the time, even when working on Macs. But if you think it's good with Windows &, then it is tailor made. You don't really need a touch screen to navigate through Windows 8, but it does make the 'experience' better and the instruction 'scroll' that's included in the box lists them for you (caveat: I don't care much for the interface of Windows 8).

Be interesting to see how long the batteries last with the keyboard, though there's an off switch for when it's not in use. There are other versions of the media keyboard available, but the TK820 is certainly above most of them. I like it a lot.
VINE VOICEon 29 December 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
On first impressions it might be tempting to bemoan what the TK820 lacks: there's no rechargeable battery, no Bluetooth connectivity, no backlighting, no extendible legs, no numerical keypad. But what it does have goes some way towards making up for it: a high level of build quality and a large integrated touchpad. The combining of keyboard and touchpad is a great, practical idea. I'm already hoping that Logitech comes up with a Mac-compatible version, thereby bringing to market a device that really should have been implemented by Apple by now.

Physically, Logitech's TK820 looks and feels good, with a low profile, subtly concave keys and blue Ultimate Ears-esque styling on its lithe sides. It connects through a tiny USB Unifying receiver, via a 2.4GHz wireless connection that's rock-solid. The concave keys are nice to type on, and the touchpad, though not as sensitive or responsive as an Apple Trackpad, works well, allowing you to carry out the full range of Windows 8 gestures. The mechanical click action of the pad feels a little stiff to me, though this might improve with use, and you can opt to only use tap to click.

The keyboard does have some inherent limitations (in addition to the things it's missing I mentioned at the start of this review). With a separate touchpad you would be able to place it wherever it suited you best, but with this keyboard the touchpad is permanently fixed on the right. There's no "left-handed" version of the TK820, which might irk some. It's also a little too large for use as a controller keyboard for an HTPC, despite its all-in-one design making it ideal for such a purpose.

As long as you're aware of its limitations prior to use, Logitech's TK820 doesn't disappoint. It's a great companion for a PC, especially one equipped with Windows 8, and the things it's missing seem to pale into insignificance as soon as you start using it.
on 4 February 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
✔ This device looks nice.
✔ It feels very nice to type on.

⊠ But it's missing a "print screen" button, which I use all the time for screenshots.
⊠ It's pricey for what it is - poor value, IMO.
⊠ I love the large, smooth touchpad... when it works. Sometimes it seems to ignore taps.

⊠ The arrow keys are tiny.

⊠ No 'home' / 'end' / 'page up'/ 'page down' keys. (Fn + Arrow keys replicates the functionality, but it isn't marked on the keyboard, so you might reasonably assume the keys are just missing.) (Actually, I notice that Apple are doing this now with their laptops, so maybe this is an industry trend.)
VINE VOICEon 7 January 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The negative voter has found this review again. So all you prove is you don't get out and still have not found any friends. Get a life and stop using multiple amazon accounts to put negative votes on Vine accounts.

I have tested and reviewed a number of keyboards for the Vine programme. Some have been excellent others not so good. This keyboard fits at the poor end of the two extremes, it has some good features, but they are balanced by some not so good issues.

Lets start with the NOT SO GOOD

It has;

NO rechargeable battery, NO Bluetooth, NO Extendable Legs, NO Numerical Keyboard, NO Back-lighting, a small thing but the packaging is a real pain to open. For me the biggest issue is the inability for the keyboard to transmit certain letters to the computer. The connectivity is OK, but the keyboard does not work correctly, in that when you type certain letters, they do not transmit to the computer and so do not show up in the text. I have re-installed the software a few times and have been unable to resolve the issue. For me, this technical issue is the deal-breaker. I am not a tech whizz, I just want something to work from the packet....this product did not.

The GOOD, it has a tremendous build quality, the keys do depress very nicely and the built in keypad is a brilliant idea.....but all these good things are far outweighed by the inability of the product to do its job correctly. What use is a beautiful keyboard that has missing letters when you type the correct key?

This product could have been the best keyboard I have tested. It is not, let down by some fault, that I have noticed others have had. I find it hard to recommend this product due to the tech faults within it.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 19 January 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I must confess I haven't gotten this for swiping (as I'm on Windows 7) but to use with a media center PC attached to my telly. For that reason it's great for the job, but I can't comment on using it with Windows 8.

The keyboard is neat and stylish. It is about the size of a regular slimline keyboard (with a touch pad instead of number keypad) and has a nice weight to it, giving you the sense that it is of durable quality. The keys feel just right too. It's very simple to install: simply attached the dongle to my PC, switched the keyboard on (it has a switch, which is good for saving on the batteries) and let Windows install the drivers for me. In 3-4 minutes it was ready.

Using it with a dedicated TV PC is great. The touch area is smooth to touch and very responsive. I found it about as good as could be expected for such a device. It isn't IMO a replacement for a mouse, though--whilst it is perfectly functional and useable I really wouldn't want to use it all day! I started to get an aching arm through clicking and dragging (whilst doing a single or double click is fairly easy you have to keep a firm pressure on it if you wish to avoid "dropping" something, whilst dragging anything.

I guess, though, for Windows 8 and if you're not really doing much more than apps then it might also be fine. It would also be good for using with your tablet. It works great in Media Center and is far better than having to find a mouse and keyboard. I generally just watch recorded TV in there, but I do also do a bit of surfing too. For light use similar to this it is fine.