on 23 October 2013
MacAfee is my preferred protection for my pc i have tried other brands but have gone back to McAfee it works in the background and does not slow your system down were I have found others do. so I would highly recommend McAfee total protection it does exactly what it says on the box
on 21 January 2014
I have been using mcafee since my first computer at least 12 years ago and it has always performed faultlessly and improved each year I would not consider using any other internet security as long as it performs as it does first class
on 2 February 2015
I have used McAfee Total Protection for three PC's for years and always buy it through this method, because of the amazingly cheap price. It is a very easy security system to use and covers everything you need to keep your PC's secure. The pack comes with a CD which, even though I have a McAfee account is a quick and easy way to install it on all three PC's, you will need to type in the product key which you will find on the back of the CD sleeve, or on a card if there is no CD included.. McAfee is also easy to uninstall and re-install from your McAfee Account, if you purchase a new PC. I highly recommend this very easy to use security system.
on 7 October 2014
Does the job and a lot cheaper than renewing through mcafee...
occasionally lags computer/freezes for a few seconds when doing full scans/major update but unless you play games on your machine you probably wont notice
on 21 January 2015
I have been in favour of McAfee ever since the international company I worked for used it on all PC's. The virus protection does not come out quite as well as one or two other brands (according to my computer magazine), but it is close. It also incorporates a firewall, email protection, website safety advisor, digital document/program shredder, and a password protected vault (ie an encrypted folder) where sensitive documents can be stored. I am very happy with it, and I don't believe it has ever interfered with any installing of software that I have done. It updates automatically, regularly, and I have always been able to reinstall it from their website after a Windows reinstall.

The only issue I have is that they always seem to try to charge me max price on renewal (They nag you to renew). Consequently, I let the old one lapse and buy afresh from Amazon. Why do they do they treat their existing clientele so badly?

Incidentally, for extra protection I installed SuperAntiSpyware Pro (from www.superantispyware.com/). One payment for lifetime subscription. This is also an excellent package and is a good complement to the McAfee software.
on 19 August 2014
McAfee Total protection has never given me any problems. My system has continued working well for last few years with McAfee total protection. One warning what arrives in the envelope is an invoice, Be careful you do not miss the small piece of cardboard which comes with the invoice. It contains the code to gain access via Mcafee site. No disk came with this offer. Downloaded it from the McAfee site without any problems.
on 29 March 2015
I purchased Total Protection 2014 as I had seen bad feedback about the 2015 version and since my computer is 10 yearts old was concerned if the 2015 version would work on an XP computer. As I already have this 2014 version on my computer it was completely straight forward to add the new package to my PC and laptop. Lat time I purchased Total protection 2014 it came in a box with a disc. This came in a flat enveope style package with a reference code to retrieve the product online and was all done straight through McAfee. Pretty easy going really so very pleased with the product and no excessive packaging and disc that never gerts used.
on 10 May 2014
I tried many other brands, McAfee is good value for money, easy to use, better protection than others. doesn't slow the machine,
on 8 June 2014
Not sure how Amazon manage to sell this product at such a low price, ive used total protection for past 3-4 years and its never missed a beat, or perhaps its because im used to its ease of set-up and menus and dont want to change to other makes each year to other companies. Good selection of tools that can be customised to your own level of needs and wants.
If I follow the pc reviews of which is currently the "best" antivirus software each year, then Id have used all of them out there; AVG, Kaspersksy,Norton etc etc, however McAfee is always up there around the top anyways!.
3 user option if great esp for bigger households with more than 1 pc that needs protection, never crashes with all 3 Windows OP's that i use in my home; 7,8.1 and XP and browser software; Chrome and Firefox. Shame this product does not allow mobile phone software protection included......this is essential for modern times!! otherwise it does what it says on the box!
on 16 November 2014
I do believe this protection has been given a bit of a raw deal. I've been using it for many years now and have never had an issue. If you do have any issues, you have a MacAfee technical support team that will work on the issue for you either over the phone or directly via your Pc. The price for this to protect 3 pcs was excellent. I personally would recommend this suite as excellent value for money.