Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop Women's Shop Men's

Style: Wi-Fi|Change

on 10 December 2013
Looking to buy a tablet for over a year now, but was looking at the Ipad. Persuaded to look at the Tab 3 10.1" and decided to go for it as it has a slot for a micro-sd card.
Seet up easy enough and screen resolution and processor speed good enough.
Put a load of files (books, music, films and magazines onto a memory card and found it easy enough to access - appears to play every format I threw at it which is better than Ipad or Kindle (though .mobi format books bought from other retailers needs to have the kindle app downloaded and importing the books into it.
Can zoom in and move around screen easily so can now read magazines (not easy to do on Kindle I have).
Bought a Galaxy to female USB connection so can also plug in a pen drive (anything larger is too power hungry to work).
Limited number of good free games apps available compared to apple store only thing letting it down.

Overall a very happy buy as I can now ditch the ipod & kindle on holiday, use skype to talk to family, see what's happening in the news take photo's with my Nikon camera, remove card and put in tablet and upload to facebook using hotel wi-fi so a great buy overall.

Wife now decided she wants one so must be good
44 Comments| 332 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 February 2014
Having had the smaller samsung tablet and absolutly loved it apart from the size which was a bit too small I decided to upgrade to the samsung galaxy tab3 10.1
I was amazed that although the tablet was bigger it was actually lighter. Which makes a good difference to me with arthritic fingers. The set up was quick and easy once you have charged the battery up, the manual which you can download and save to documents in polaris office is self explanatary.
I notice on other reviews that there is a complaint of 'lagging' well depending on how much of a hurry you are in its not all that bad its just a bit of a male thing its got get geared up to get cracking, seconds literally. Not worth worrying about, if there is anything that annoyed me it was that one review said their postage was free so why was I charged postage??? The screen is a lovely size and clear, I have down loaded books from good old kindle, my music, photos ect with no probs. One review said you cannot copy and paste all I can say is if you cannot find the answer in the manual ask google who has helped me many times , and there I found the answer to copy and paste. If you download the app ''CLIPPER-CLIPBOARD MANAGER'' then LONG PRESS ON THE ITEM you want to copy ....go back to the clipboard and LONG PRESS ON IT your item appears at the top of the page, tap on it and tap save at the top of the page. Sorted well I was anyway. If you were expecting this tablet to have the multi tray it dosent I did at lot of research before I bought this and after watching a utube video thought I got one with a multi tray but obviously I was watching the wrong one. Really unless you can multi task unlike me I can't see the point of looking at two screens at once unless of course its being used in the office then It may be handy. There is no point in me going over what others that go before me have written as what they said sold the tablet to me in the first place. But confused if you are like I was over connecting a printer to the tablet you do need a wifi one couldnt get my head round that one thought a printer was a printer so thought you just connected it up and away you go wrong!!! It wont work its GOT to be a wifi of which there is a nice neat one in curry's for £39.99 and I got areally nice cover for my tablet in hotpink from ebay fro £5.99 why pay more
44 Comments| 225 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 November 2013
Very happy with this purchase. Screen clarity is excellent and range of activities possible through the accompanying software packages is excellent.
0Comment| 104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 May 2014
I bought a Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1 a few months ago. Brilliant piece of technology and nowhere near as heavy as the ipad. I love it. I have given it a 5 star because it performs so well. HOWEVER...don't do as I did and let the battery drain completely! It spent the whole next day on charge and was completely dead... I finally found out that this is because the battery doesn't know how to 'wake up'. Found this info and solution on you tube. You need to, carefully, remove the back cover, unclip the battery and then reconnect. It worked! I didn't downgrade my 5 star review as this was my fault as no technology batteries should be completely drained. I'm posting this incase anyone else has a similar experience. Other than that, i would recommend this tablet to anyone, I use ipads regularly at work but Samsung is my favourite.
0Comment| 117 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 May 2014
I bought this as a present for my husband, which was supposed to be for June, but I couldn't keep the secret, so he has it already!
It's great.
The only reason I've given it 4 stars and not 5, is because the one we were sent has obviously come from Hong Kong. He's fine with this, but I'm disappointed, as it didn't state that this would be the case.
It was brand new and in original packaging, with UK plug, which is great, but some of the settings are in Chinese, and have had to be changed, and there are certain Chinese default buttons on it which aren't on my Tab2.
All in all though, this is a great working tablet, which is fast, and easy to use. I have tab envy now!
If it had come from the UK and not Hong Kong, it would have had 5 stars, because the price was excellent - although PC World did reduce the price of theirs the following week to within £5 of what I paid for this here, and given the choice between the 2, I'd have paid the extra £5 and got the one from PC World, knowing that it would have been for the British markets.
No real complaints other than that though, and my husband is really happy with it.
on 20 January 2014
I am pleased with the way this tablet looks (like my Samsung phone, just bigger!), the size of the screen is perfect for surfing and playing games. I like that I can use it anywhere in the house with Wifi. It was super easy to set up and explore. Some great Apps to try out and the extra storage facility is very useful. However, it falls short on several levels namely :

1) a lot of times I am asked to install Flash player to view certain videos or games but it does not support that programme;
2) switches itself off while I am using it for no apparent reason
3) on certain websites it reverts back to the desktop screen without prompting or freezes completely until I switch off/on again. Sometimes this happens several times in a space of a minute and end up going to the PC out of sheer frustration!
4) the screen keyboard is very slow to pop up when I need to type something in a search box or log into sites and there is no button to request keyboard!
5) I cannot get it to work with our Samsung TV, just going round in circles
6) battery life is not great needs recharging every couple of days minimum

I am a bit disappointed because in my opinion it is expensive for what you get!
1414 Comments| 94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 June 2014
My tablet arrived in a tatty looking box which made me suspicious (Amazons packaging was fine) . It also had 2 poorly printed stickers over the box openings saying "do not accept if seal is broken. So also suspicious I careful pulled on off to find a slightly smaller, much better printed version underneath which "had" already been broken.

So I assume this product is cheap because it's been refurbished or returned or ex-display or something. Or maybe even legit item switched out with a fake.

Returned and will pay extra £30 for reliable high street seller.
22 Comments| 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 November 2013
I thought long and hard whether to buy this product or Apple iPad. The deciding factor was the price - the Samsung being some £150 cheaper that the iPad. Nor have I been disappointed. The Samsung seems to have a very large number of apps loaded - some of which are not directly relevant to me but , nevertheless , many users will be happy to see these pre-loaded. The key to setting up is to make sure you charge the battery , after which it is straight forward. In operation it has been easy and quick to use and the screen is clear for reading and pictures. Not having a new iPad it is not possible to make a direct comparison. However , I am very happy with this purchase and satisfied that I made the right decision. In my opinion it is suitable for any user and a significant cost saving.
0Comment| 124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 March 2014
I have now had galaxy tab 3 10.1 for 3 months love it.

Debated for ages over what to get tab wise (apple or android) didn't go with apple as have never really got on with itunes and wanted something that allowed use of other things which Apple is not known for.

my tab also came with free 16gb memory card included, also it was a lot cheaper than the air!

I probably don't use to full potential as I mainly use when I want to find something quickly on the web (no waiting around for 10mins for everything to load and update) before you can get going.

Also use for reading/skype

Only found a few negatives. Cameras could be better, I'm not very good at finding copy and paste features when I need them and a couple of other things (but as another reviewer said you can always google these)
Also don't have enough knowledge to delete some of the preloaded app icons on here that I will never need.

Only found one website so far that I couldn't access as you cannot get flash player.

if you don't desperately want Apple this is much better value imo and does what I need it to
on 30 January 2014
I found this an excellent tablet, worked first time out of the box, after a quick charge. After I got use to the Android system found it very easy to go on-line, store photos, store files. Accepts "Word" documents and PDF files, Jpegs photos. Communicates easy with Windows XP (after loading Service pack 3) and KIES. Accepts a USB direct (make sure you have FAT or FAT32 USBs). E-mails and google work fine, no problems. Google and the apps store are great with many many FREE apps. The cost is much lower than an ipad and I found the screen quite stunning, as good as any LCD on my PC. Delivery from Amazon was within the time specified (and free post). I would reccomend the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 inch. Seeing is believing!