1,845
Size: 32 GB|Colour: Black|Change

on 19 May 2016
For the first 6 weeks I thought this was fantastic. Then the screen froze just showing the "Google" Logo. This seems to be a recognised fault, and as I hadn't had it long I thought the supplier (Ballicom) would repair or replace it as it was faulty and clearly not fit for purpose. Despite Amazon's own help page acknowledging this, the supplier said (after consulting with Amazon) they would do nothing as more than 28 days had passed and I should contact the manufacturer under the warranty. This is clearly in contravention of UK Consumer Law, however the company has just stopped responding to my emails/letters. It was £160 when I got it, all money down the drain.

I am extremely disappointed with the customer service and will never buy goods I expect to last more than 28 days through Amazon or its suppliers again - up to now they have been my supplier of choice. Now I want a physical shop I can take something back to if it goes wrong!
on 24 March 2017
Bought the first Nexus 7 32GB in december 2013. Was good for 2 and a half years or so but then would not connect with the laptop properly so could not download files directly. About 6 months ago, an Android system update would not install and resolutely refused any further attempts. It was suggested to me to do a data erasure and factory reset which basically rendered the tablet useless as the erasure programme would not finish on its own and there is no means of exiting the reset once started. There was also a problem with the charging unit supplied after a good while. A new, quality charging unit solved that one. I have now ordered the same one again as i think it is still a good option versus many other tablets.The camera is not brilliant , with no flash, and better in good daylight rather than inside. Good storage, loads of space for photos, music, videos etc.When its working, everything is smooth and quick with none of these adverts etc. Plus, it takes all the Google apps etc.
on 4 January 2016
Does all of the things you'd expect a consumer tablet to do. The design feels solid, although the power and volume buttons are recessed a bit behind the far right edge and as a result I find it a bit annoying to quickly find and press those buttons. I don't play a lot of games or work the processor or graphics out seriously, but it seems powerful enough (it's a tablet from 2013 after all). It can play a YouTube video or stream a TV show from Amazon with no problems. It does lag noticeably sometimes, usually when transitioning between apps. Battery life is quite good. If I were rating it purely as a consumer tablet, I'd rate it a 4 out of 5.

However, I'm also an Android developer, and the tablet has one notable drawback which makes it less than ideal for that purpose. The Nexus line of tablets and phones is fairly unique in being explicitly easy to unlock, root, and install different versions of the operating system, which is all very useful for developers. However, this tablet refused to flash any versions of Android older than 5.0. Flashing 5.0 and up seems to work fine.

It seems that this might be related to the early reports of Nexus 7 tablets that were bricked on upgrade due to issues with the flash memory (see e.g. http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/06/18/googles-nexus-7-tablets-dying-early-possibly-due-to-cheap-memory), but I never actually figured it out. I tried sending it to Asus repair in Europe but they didn't find any issues and returned it unchanged.
on 19 May 2015
Easily the best tablet I have ever used. Quality components even 3 years after release ensure a smooth experience thanks to a responsive touchscreen and excellent degree of performance. I've used Asus' components in many deaktop PC's and whilst that might not matter to most it just shows that Asus takes care to bring it's consumers quality products and that practice is not lost on the Nexus 7.

I've used tablets over the years of varying price ranges and not just Android tablets but iPads as well; The Nexus 7 as tablets go is the best I have ever used especially for the price, I paid 160 at the time, brand new, it was worth every pound.
on 6 July 2016
There were a few apps that we desperately wanted from google. this was bought after a lot of consideration and research. We love it. It is so easy to use and does everything we hoped it would.
Seriously impressed with how good this is.
on 13 March 2017
It was a great tablet that rarely had issues. It had good storage, a good quality camera, ect. However, it no longer lets me charge it.
on 27 January 2014
Have had this a few weeks and I love it to bits. Display is first class, and it's fast. I also like its plain streamlined look. When choosing this tablet I considered also the Kindle Fire HDX, but decided against it because it's so strongly proprietary. Nexus being an Android O/S is much more open, and opens up the wonderful world of Google apps. Just beginning to wonder how I ever did without it.
on 23 September 2014
I got this for my boyfriend & he was likening it a lot ,he took good care & one morning he tuned it on & t popped ,the screen had a crack affected . Amazon & Google were great about it & when my boyfriend retunes from France I'm going to try to talk him into getting another one , The only negative thing I could say is that the photo quality isn't very good
on 26 April 2017
A quality product which delivers in all the key areas. Very fast, plenty of Ram, excellent screen, great camera and features.
You could throw your money away and get an inferior ipad mini I suppose.
on 21 May 2017
Beautiful Tablet better than any other my daughter has bought previously! Customer Service 2nd to none!!!