on 3 September 2014
Excellent value new to the add on scheme but will be keeping my eyes open for future bargains.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Now, I'm the kind of guy who doesn't really go in much for aftershave, facial products and that kind of thing. I wash and I use deodorant (the stuff that's 2 for a £1 at Poundland) and I've always been fairly happy with that. Recently though I have invested in one or two "products". Aftershave gel is one that I probably couldn't do without. I've never bothered really with shower gel thinking it was a product that was really no better than soap. But, and that's a difficult "but" for me, I was wrong. This Dove stuff is great. It smells nice, though not TOO nice and makes you feel fresh and clean.

I'm not so keen on the antiperspirant as I've always found AP not as comfortable as deodorants. However, I think I'll change my mind on this too thanks to the Dove Men Plus.

I would urge any Doubting Thomas's or whatever your name is to give these products a go. Nice.
VINE VOICEon 9 October 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Dove for men do a nice range of toiletries. This set may not be value for money but would make a nice gift set for the smelly boyfriend. The deodorant smells very nice, with a hint of spice, not Lynx or anything horrid like that, just a nice smell. I formally used Nivea for men deodorant, but it smells a bit too ordinary. As for its 48 hour protection claim, I will never find out if that is true (nor should anyone). The body wash also have a very nice smell. I didn't notice a huge change to my normal body wash. It's a nice set however and better than most mens toiletries.
VINE VOICEon 4 November 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The Dove gift pack is pretty basic. A nice scented deodorant/antiperspirant and face wash both do exactly what they say on the tin. The antiperspirant works well, doesn't leave a heavy white residue and provides protection for the day without any problems. The face wash smells similarly pleasant, keeps the skin fresh without it making it feel dried out.

It would certainly make a nice thing to open as a gift and unlike many of these packs both items will be used frequently.
VINE VOICEon 2 October 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Nice gift pack, pleasant inoffensive (i.e. not Lynx) smell, it's easily removed (though not too easily) from the packaging. The bottle and can are easy to use as you would expect. Amazon delivered this in a suitable box for the package.
Not really much more to add it as they say does what it says on the tin.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
My son has been using both of these products for a while, as he likes to take care of his skin, but now that he's a YA, he finds the women's Dove stuff a bit too sweet-smelling for a guy. It is nice to find them in a gift pack which is actually nice enough to give as a gift, and at the amazon price, you're not paying extra for the gift packaging; the cost of both items at full price equals the amazon gift pack price. Which is at least one-pound-twenty-five less than supermarket prices for the same gift pack.

As to the products? Well, my son has dry skin around his shoulders, but of course, won't use a moisturiser, and this shower gel has really made a difference. He doesn't use it on his face daily, but on the odd occasion has used it as a shampoo/showergel, and there have been no adverse effects, despite him only using hypo-allergenic products on his face (due to childhood eczema).

The deodorant has a masculine smell that's not overpowering once you've got clothes on, but I have to admit that to me, it smells a bit like Deep Heat/Ralgex when it first goes on. It feels fresh throughout the day, and you certainly don't need an additional body-spray with this. My son also informs me that in his student days, he was able to prove that this deodorant does work for 48hrs...

I've actually pinched some of this when I've had a 'heavy-duty' day, and the smell does last better than the Dove women's range. Best of all, this doesn't turn powdery and hasn't stained any of my son's clothing.

Great products that work, at a pretty decent price for a gift pack edition.
on 9 December 2013
excellent item for Christmas and birthday
on 9 October 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I got this for my husband as he swears by this brand.

This set comprises a deodorant spray and essentially a shower gel.
The deodorant feels really good with a pleasing smell, not like say lynx or even Gillette.
The body wash is very good, with a nice moisturizing feel.You only need a small amount to achieve a good soapy wash.

The presentation of this set would make a good useful Christmas pressie.
VINE VOICEon 30 September 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Dove for Men body wash and deodorant always makes me think of a holiday - most likely because these were the mini's that I took on holiday!

Anyway, the image is kind of deceiving as it looks like you are buying a travel kit but these are in-fact the full size product. The bodywash feels quite moisture rich and has a nice smell (also reminds me of the stuff in the gym) and while it can be used on the face, I prefer a separate face wash to using this. It soaps up nicely and leaves the body easily without that horrible squeaky clean feeling.

The deodorant comes with one of those twist to break the seal locks and has a powerful blast but as a deodorant I find it a wee bit too perfumey although it does last an adequate amount of time.

Value for money? No, I don't think so although you wouldn't buy this particular pack for yourself as an item to use everyday. At the price, it's very much a gift pack as you wouldn't gift individual bodywash and deodorant).

For everyday use for yourself you are far cheaper going in to a major supermarket and getting this as part of one of their offers. I've removed a star for value for money.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a twin pack of Dove's Men Care range containing a 150ml Antiperspirant deodorant and a 250ml Dove Clean Care face & body wash.

Antiperspirant; clean-smelling and boasts 48h of protection, I'm not sure it lasts that long, but it is effective and smells great without leaving white marks on your shirt. Effective and not an over-powering smell in the slightest. Strong & subtle.

Bodywash; again, clean-smelling and pearlescent in colour, works up a nice lather and leaves your skin feeling smooth afterwards. Has a great residual smell and best of all, the bottle is not top heavy so it doesn't constantly fall over in the shower. The bottle is very minimalist with a flip-top cap on the base tapering to a slightly smaller top meaning it's easy to stand up.

All in all, for just over a fiver, it's difficult to beat this for a brand-name set that are superior quality. Recommended.