2,394

on 12 March 2017
I was stunned and delighted by the speed with which this printer was delivered - well before the expected date. It is also in very good condition. The price was amazingly low - so I guess I shouldn't expect perfection but I have had a couple of niggles with it. It is hit and miss as to whether the paper feeds through properly or jams. I have given it some time and tried many ways of putting the paper in but the problem persists. It is not every time, and quite honestly for the price it is probably worth living with, but it is annoying and in some cases results in quite a waste of paper and ink. The print isn't always sharp. Again this is only on the odd sporadic occasion - but sometimes it comes out quite fuzzy. As with the other niggle, for the price I can live with it. The CD that came with the printer wouldn't work in my PC and I had to find and download the relevant driver from the Internet. Not a huge problem but another little niggle. For £20 it is good value and it also saved me about £100 in ink cartridges as it uses HP301 inks which only work in discontinued models and I had a large supply of these. I haven't even tried the wi fi features yet.
on 10 April 2017
Absolutely useless. I used it a couple of times six month ago and it printed fine. I now needed to use it to print some vouchers 6 months later and it seems the inks aren't working. It used to print fine with just the black cartridge in there. Now it demanded I insert both, even though I only needed to print something black and white. The documents came out in a very faded blue colour even though the text was black. And now the ink seems to have completely depleted.

Could the ink have dried up from not using it for so long? I can't think of anything else
on 13 February 2016
Ink doesn't last 5min, printer slows right down when printing about 12 pages +, the only thing I find useful on this printer now is the wireless scanner hence the one star, it's bulkier than what I expected after looking at the pictures but then I should have looked at the measurements, overall if you need something for one or two pages every now and then, then I suppose this is an ok buget but for anything work related or 10+ pages of printing in one go stay well clear.
on 13 March 2017
This printer has served me really well over the last two years. I've not exactly put a huge workload on it, but for a home-use printer, its great. Quality is acceptable as is speed. The reason I took a star away is the cost of the cartridges; they're not cheap. I've just purchased some third party replacement cartridges so this should go some way to alleviating cost. All in all though, solid printer.
on 8 May 2017
1. Printer doesnt work with the drivers included. After much searching and wasted time I managed to get some functionality using drivers for another HP printer. It now prints PDFs, but not emails.

2. Printer drinks ink. I only print simple documents and use multiple pages/sheet to minimise ink usage. Still costs a fortune.

3. Printer randomly stops during print jobs.

4. Printer randomly prints another, blank, page after each job.

5. After recently installing a new, genuine (and expensive) cartridge, the printer doesnt work at all.

Dont waste your time and money. Go elsewhere.
on 22 September 2016
This is a good enough printer but it doesn't have a USB port & is only fully useable if you have Wi-Fi & download the appropriate driver's.
on 1 October 2015
I have asked my broadband provider(sky) for a more modern router as this printer needs an up to date routrr connection. They ssy O K but it will cost you £69 so have not been anble to connect it at the moment.
on 1 June 2015
It won't print. Not a good sign in a printer. I've installed it, registered it, given it new inks, read the words your printer is now installed, all the lights are on but the pages just queue up and never get printed. One of the cables is so short, I've had to reconfigure the position of my pc. I've never had hours of difficulty with any printer before, it's always been so easy. What a wasted day, now I have the trouble of returning it.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 May 2014
Yes ! At this price, it is a perfect buy. It does everything it says on the tin. The wireless connection makes printing from your laptop so simple (even from another room). If you want a sleeker model, then you will have to pay a lot more. This one suits me fine.
on 2 April 2017
It was forever going wrong, would only copy half a document, and drank ink for a pastime.
A waste of money IMHO.