on 23 June 2015
I bought this for my wife for the convenience of her being able to print from her iPhone and iPad.

Firstly, the black cartridge was reported as being incompatible so I had to go and spend another £12 for a replacement (genuine) as we had things she needed to print.

Secondly, although I will admit that I haven't done much in the way of investigation as to why, items from her iDevices print very small - pretty much a like for like copy of the size of the phone's screen.

Finally - what a major pain in the backside to get WiFi set up if you don't have a WPS router: install the driver, connect via USB and then from deep within layers of the driver you choose to switch it to wireless.

Overall there are better, more user friendly, printers out there.
on 10 April 2017
Absolutely useless. I used it a couple of times six month ago and it printed fine. I now needed to use it to print some vouchers 6 months later and it seems the inks aren't working. It used to print fine with just the black cartridge in there. Now it demanded I insert both, even though I only needed to print something black and white. The documents came out in a very faded blue colour even though the text was black. And now the ink seems to have completely depleted.

Could the ink have dried up from not using it for so long? I can't think of anything else
on 12 March 2017
I was stunned and delighted by the speed with which this printer was delivered - well before the expected date. It is also in very good condition. The price was amazingly low - so I guess I shouldn't expect perfection but I have had a couple of niggles with it. It is hit and miss as to whether the paper feeds through properly or jams. I have given it some time and tried many ways of putting the paper in but the problem persists. It is not every time, and quite honestly for the price it is probably worth living with, but it is annoying and in some cases results in quite a waste of paper and ink. The print isn't always sharp. Again this is only on the odd sporadic occasion - but sometimes it comes out quite fuzzy. As with the other niggle, for the price I can live with it. The CD that came with the printer wouldn't work in my PC and I had to find and download the relevant driver from the Internet. Not a huge problem but another little niggle. For £20 it is good value and it also saved me about £100 in ink cartridges as it uses HP301 inks which only work in discontinued models and I had a large supply of these. I haven't even tried the wi fi features yet.
on 8 May 2017
1. Printer doesnt work with the drivers included. After much searching and wasted time I managed to get some functionality using drivers for another HP printer. It now prints PDFs, but not emails.

2. Printer drinks ink. I only print simple documents and use multiple pages/sheet to minimise ink usage. Still costs a fortune.

3. Printer randomly stops during print jobs.

4. Printer randomly prints another, blank, page after each job.

5. After recently installing a new, genuine (and expensive) cartridge, the printer doesnt work at all.

Dont waste your time and money. Go elsewhere.
on 13 March 2017
This printer has served me really well over the last two years. I've not exactly put a huge workload on it, but for a home-use printer, its great. Quality is acceptable as is speed. The reason I took a star away is the cost of the cartridges; they're not cheap. I've just purchased some third party replacement cartridges so this should go some way to alleviating cost. All in all though, solid printer.
on 4 July 2017
we have tried Lexmark and Epson before this HP, not sure what to buy next, we have run out of options on what to trust, Lexmark did not scan, Epson started printing half lines, this HP did similar and all the cleaning in the world would not help, it seems ok again for now, it can take long for it to connect to network...
on 13 February 2016
Ink doesn't last 5min, printer slows right down when printing about 12 pages +, the only thing I find useful on this printer now is the wireless scanner hence the one star, it's bulkier than what I expected after looking at the pictures but then I should have looked at the measurements, overall if you need something for one or two pages every now and then, then I suppose this is an ok buget but for anything work related or 10+ pages of printing in one go stay well clear.
on 25 June 2017
For some reason this printer barely works: I rarely print, bought this printer a couple of years ago and sadly errors and failed print jobs are routine

It also guzzles ink somehow

It has made me reconsider buying HP printers at all quite frankly
on 19 July 2017
Had this printer for about 13 months at the time of writing this.
I've printed, copied letters, photos and all sorts with this and i have had no issues.

The ink last for ages and i also managed to pick up some more official cartridges in a sale so that was a bonus.

+Great price and Quality
- Wifi can be iffy
on 13 April 2015
So far so good. Links up perfectly with my laptop, phone and tablet via wifi.

Print quality looks good but can be a bit slow.

Scanner works very well