This recording took me by surprise. Having never heard of them before, I didn't really have any expectations. But actually, these guys are great! They are easy and pleasant to listen to and work really well together. I suspect that we are going to hear a lot more from them in the future.

Recommended.
on 15 August 2013
Already getting noticed in high places, this track demonstrates their pared down simplicity which serves to highlight their exquisite musicianship. With a sinister lyrical undertow but inspired by the folk tradition, Clarke and Walker are ones to watch. It is easy to draw comparisons with the clean singing greats like Sandy Denny and Vashti Bunyan, but there are signs that their own sound will become unique as it matures.
on 22 September 2013
Pleasant enough song although not sure whether I entirely like Josienne Clarke's voice - heavily accented and a bit quirky. Just played it again whilst writing this review - three and a half stars maybe ? Borderline 4 ? Will listen to again and it might be a grower. For a free download well worth the chance and would certainly listen to a few more tracks.

18 March 14 : OK - having added this to a playlist and heard it several more times I have to admit I love this song. It does grow on you and the dark lyrics become more haunting with each listen.

I'd go back if i could
Take you down and bury you in the woods
Steal your past and erase it if I could
Don't think I wouldn't, I would

It is still a free download. Try it for yourself .
on 3 April 2014
Reminds me of someone, but can't think who. Sandy Denny? (If you're old enough to remember her!)

Great vocal, effective strings, subtle percussion (Bongo drum?), good guitar, but loses 1 star for the squeaks from the guitar strings.
on 29 December 2013
I like folk music and have done since my student days in the 70s. This I'm afraid just does not do anything for me. Nice floaty lyrics and Josienne has a nice voice, but the whole song does not move me at all. Sorry
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 May 2014
Great track, with good vocals and acoustic instruments, very good to sit, listen and enjoy. Plus it's FREE! A duo worth listening out for, I've not seen them, but I imagine they would be great to see live.
on 25 September 2013
Really great track, different but brill, I enjoy it more every time I hear it and I think everyone should try something new- as it could supprise them
on 17 October 2013
I really loved this track, it's different and proper music, just play it and you will want to listen over and over.
on 30 July 2013
"Anyone but me" is one of my favourites from Josienne's and Ben's "Fire and Fortune" album. Well worth a download.
Highly recommended
on 30 August 2013
This one has grabbed me and won't let go! The voice the sparse arrangements just make the best of the songs.
A new discovery for me but I shall be watching and listening for them now!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse