15,591
Denomination: 50|Design Name: From All of Us|Change
Price:£50.00

on 3 September 2014
The only problem I had with this gift token service, which I think is excellent by the way, is that the recipient, my son-in-law, saw that he had an email from Amazon and automatically deleted it thinking it was the normal type of unsolicited mail from Amazon.

He is not the type of person not to thank for something like a gift token so I followed it up with him and he looked again at his deleted "Amazons" and found it. Then I received an email from Amazon telling me that he had received it. Relief! It wasn't Amazon's fault that he deleted it but I wonder if it could be possible for Amazon to send a notification of the arrival of a gift token in another form that is different to their normal unsolicited mails so that it can't be mistaken for junk mail and the recipient wouldn't do the same as my son-in-law did.
22 comments| 290 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Wonderful method for me to get a gift to a friend in the UK. Log onto Amazon UK, go to gift card, and proceed from there. A great variety of cards are available, animated, and one for every holiday or occasion. I am quite pleased with Amazon.

Recommended. prisrob 12-22-14
on 22 January 2013
I bought this as a present to be used to buy one of the E books. However, my wife told me that she seemed unable to use the voucher for this type of purchase. It appeared that the voucher could only be used on specific types of items.
11 comment| 189 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 August 2011
Amazon have just dropped their gift voucher validity down to 1 year (was 3). I have been buying these vouchers for kids as away of allowing them to save up to buy a larger item of their choice. However, Amazon, clearly not satisfied with the interest free loan I provide them, after 12 months now pocket the capital as well!! In most countries this is against the law and it beggars belief we allow companies to steal our hard earned cash like this in the UK.

Please vote with your feet and boycott Amazon vouchers until they show some sense of moral decency towards their customers.
1919 comments| 415 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 December 2011
When I asked a friend of mine's wife what voucher he wanted for his 50th Birthday she said Amazon. Since I knew my friends e-mail address, I thought it was best to use the e-mail option because it might be easier to redeem for him than a printed voucher, but after I sent it, I started reading the terms and conditions which state: "Amazon.co.uk is not responsible if a gift certificate or a gift card is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without permission". I then started to worry that the e-mailed certificate could be sent to a spam folder and then deleted, so I had to phone my friend and tell him to watch out for it and check his spam folder. The other thing to bear in mind is that if you get the e-mail address wrong and send it to someone else, you will probably lose it.

Having said that, they are flexible in that the amount of the certificate goes into the persons account and they can use a credit card to top up for larger purchases or combine gift certificates and if they use less than what you provide, the remainder stays in the persons account for at least a year anyway. I think if I use them again, I will print them rather than e-mail them for security. I wouldn't send them to someone who didn't already have an Amazon account because you are effectively forcing them to open one.
55 comments| 388 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 March 2011
I live abroad, so sending an E-card is a perfect way for me to get gifts to folks back in the UK on time for birthdays or other occasions. Amazon has a great selection so it works out great for me. On the downside, Amazon gift certificates expire--they have 1 year life expectancy. You'd think that was plenty of time to spend it out...but it seems this is not so. I recently had a family member completely lose out on a card I had paid for since she forgot about it. The money was lost (I totally disagree with this being allowed!), and there was no warning to say it was about to expire; neither to me, or to the recipient. I think Amazon should really change their policy and practices related to this.
55 comments| 188 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 January 2011
I love the idea of these cards, however it would be nice if I could send one to the UK from the USA web site, one which I pay for in dollars at amazon.com, but the recipient can spend on amazon.co.uk - I am fed up with getting hit with international transaction fees on my US credit card every time I send gifts to my relatives in the UK.
1919 comments| 266 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 January 2013
I was in hospital at the time of my best friend's 60th Birthday, but thought, "It's ok, I've got it covered" because I'd ordered a gift voucher to be sent to him the day before his birthday. When I got home, I found he HADN'T received it, and re-sending to his address FAILED. In the end I had to email it to myself, and then forward it. Big disappointment, big let-down.
on 19 April 2011
I am really disapointed in the voucher I purchased from Amazon to be sent to my son-in-law for his birthday.

It has caused all sorts of problems and these have not been resolved yet.

My son-in-law has been unable to spend the voucher despite the money having been taken from my account (so must be valid). I have sent it twice, he has not received any e-mail from Amazon confirming the gift. I have sent him the code sent tor me but Amazon have declined to accept this.

I now have the bother of chasing this all up. What I thought would be a nice and easy solution for a birthday gift has resulted in my son-in-law feeling guilty because he has had to come back to me. What a disapointment all round

Carol
33 comments| 136 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 October 2011
Bought this gift voucher for our daughter-in-law's birthday and she and our two granddaughters were delighted with it - truly magical.
22 comments| 123 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse