Size: 15.6-Inches|Change

on 5 December 2015
I had been looking for a similarly styled and sized bag for ages but none fit the bill, and ironically cost a fortune too. I opted against some of these as they lacked a shoulder strap altogether. However, since this one had both handles as well as a shoulder strap and seemed stylish enough, I thought I'd give it a try. I have been using this bag for a good few days now and am absolutely convinced that its difficult to find another bag that provides greater value for money.

Price & Packaging
- I paid £9.99 for the 11.6 inches bag
- It came in the frustration free Amazon packaging that includes a cardboard box with the bag wrapped in a transparent plastic bag

Dimensions
- Approx. external dimensions are (W x H x D) - 33.5 x 26 x 4 cm
- My 10.1 inch netbook fits in it with no issues

Construction & Quality
- The outer part of the bag is made of waterproof material and for me has already endured some rainy days
- It has both a pair of handles along with a shoulder strap
- The plastics parts used in the shoulder strap don't seem like they are of the best quality. They do look a bit cheap but I've had no issues so far
- The zips seem to be of good quality, but I haven't yet been able to test them over a significantly long period of time so only time will tell
- There is a monogram on the front of the bag that says "Amazon Basics". Its a good looking monogram with some orange color in them. The zips are similarly Amazon branded.
- The bag sports 3 pockets in total, the main pocket, a middle pocket and a front pocket
- There are a further 3 sections in the main pocket of the bag. 2 of these are side sections only big enough to hold some smaller items like documents or pens etc. whereas the third section is the main section in the center of the bag designed to hold the bulk of the items including a laptop/netbook or similar
- The middle pocket doesn't have a lot of space and is meant to hold other bit and bobs with some pockets designed for holding pens etc.
- The front pocket again is designed to hold smaller items but I use it to store my eReader (Sony) with no issues at all.

Practicality
- The bag isn't designed to hold a lot of items but is still big enough to carry everyday items. I carry my Fulton umbrella, my eReader, occasionally a book along some other bits and bobs with no issues at all (see pics)
- The shoulder strap does not have adequate padding, and if carrying some weight over an extensive period of time then can be somewhat tiring/uncomfortable
- The strap is adjustable to adapt to most persons preferences/heights

Conclusion
- The bag seems to have a lot of pockets but practically can only hold so many items. It does not have a lot of space but is great if used for carrying only a few items
This is a great looking bag and I am pretty satisfied with this product
- It is stylish, practical and only costs a tenner
- Looking at this bag does makes one wonder why other, fairly similar products, are severely over priced
- If you are not particularly brand conscious, then this bag is for you
- This bag is simply great value for money.
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
on 27 February 2014
I needed a reasonable laptop bag and got this.

On arrival I put my dell Inspiron laptop inside and the charger went in the front pocket. Inside the laptop slips in the middle then your are able to put a ipad and maybe a diary either side. As there is a slide pocket each side of the laptop.

It's actually well made surprisingly and the handles on top are nice and comfortable to use/hold.
The strap that goes over the should is nice, maybe could of had more padding on the shoulder strap.

The reason for 4 stars is that I think the case should have more padding to protect your electrical device.

It's a very nice bag and I do recommend it and for the price it is great.
on 5 December 2014
This product is of OK quality, nothing special but given the price its very good, as usual with amazon basics you get what you pay for.

Arrived, as usual with prime, in good time

Product is self is of medium quality material and does not appear to have any defects out of the box.
I bought this for hand luggage only trips, to go on top of a trolly style suitcase. Now with most airlines they accept a second bag, this, i believe, complies with most airlines.
In one word i would describe this a "compact" it says 14.1 inch but with my 13" MacBook Pro there is little room for anything bigger. But the Mac fits well. Would not not much room for chargers.

Recommended, just don't expect too much
on 1 February 2014
ok for the price i wasn't expecting too much - bought for an Acer C720 chromebook - fits perfectly - and also has decent padding to keep it safe - if you didn't know how much the bag was you'd swear it was probably a 40 quid case - very happy
on 27 January 2014
Very well designed featherweight bag with the road warrior in mind: well stitched up together, material used is very high quality and it looks like a bag costing 3 times its price!

However given that ultra notebooks are now mostly 12.5" - 13.3" affairs, the 11.6" designation is absolutely right in that it is a very tight fit for a ThinkPad x230. And even then a 6-cell battery pack would have to be used so as not to protrude beyond the zippers. So beware ThinkPad owners!

I have given it to one of my staff who is still using a ThinkPad x201 (12" laptop) and she loves it. As for me, I will await a 13" version which no doubt would be a hit esp with MacBook Pro/Air owners.

Please Amazon, can we have a 13" version now?
on 31 August 2014
Bought this for my newly bought Acer Travelmate B113-M and it fits like a glove. Lovely little bag that takes up as much room as the 11.6 laptop it contains. The power supply makes the bag bulge a bit, but then don't they all. I have my power supply, mouse, CD-ROM and it's cables in this bad. I binned the shoulder strap, for such a small bag, as I couldn't see the point. It sits in the hand just fine with the straps. I would recommend this bag for 11.6 laptops. Well made and seems surable.
on 13 January 2014
What a cracking little case Gromit! Why would anyone pay three times this amount for a branded case, this has all anyone could need, well done Amazon. Only negative is that the shoulder pad is too stiff and doesn't curve around the shoulder, I slid mine off and the strap now stays put. And for those who couldn't be seen on the street without 'labels' on everything they own then just unpick the logo on this one!
on 6 January 2015
Decent, tough enough build. You get what you pay for....however note that this does entail some low build quality measures.

Know that the strap is thin, cheaply made and not very long in length.. The front pocket has barely enough room to get a charger in. Also my lenovo flex 2 14" laptop doesn't fit in snugly... the rounded edges of the top corners aren't spacious enough and the zipper clips the edges when zipping up.

Only buy if you really can't afford more expensive but better options.
on 22 February 2014
Cheap but doesn't appear it particularly. Does it's job fine, plenty of pockets and space, much prefer it to the back pack style
VINE VOICEon 11 May 2016
I'm really beginning to dig the AmazonBasics stuff... primarily because they're complete liars and there's nothing 'basic' about it at all

Finding a good laptop bag turned out to be... unusually difficult. The quandary for my 13.1-inch laptop (called Kiwi) was that any slim-line bags would be a snug fit... and hold nothing else. And the rest were hulking fabric sarcophagi that were unweidly and would just have the laptop rattling around. Not cool.

This one however, was absolutely spot on. I was able to stash the laptop securely into the main pocket (slipped it into the notebook pouch) and had enough room to carry notepads, pens, charger and mouse... all whilst retaining the relatively sleek profile of the bag. It's well padded, well made and the top handles are great. Both pockets are zipped and open just enough for comfortable access without that really annoying clam-shell effect where the front half of your bag flies open and shares your stationery with the pavement

The only forgettable element is the shoulder strap. It's a bit... naff and seemed modelled more for Frankenstein's monster (no way shoulders are that square). Maybe it just needs breaking in - but to be frank, I'm nitpicking... The bag is absolutely fantastic. Kiwi's had no complaints either

Peace