Platform: PC Code - Origin|Edition: Standard Edition|Change
Price:£2.49 - £59.99

on 17 February 2014
This product is excellent if you know what to do with it. I admit there is no clear instructions with it, but you can't expect to download the game of amazon and then be able to play it straight away. First you have to download origin, run it and make an account on your computer. Then download this game to the computer. A web page should come up with the serial number on it. Highlight and copy this and then go onto origin. In the top right hand corner there should be the orange origin symbol. Click on this and press redeem game number, and then paste the serial number into the box. You then have to go to my games and download it. The only drawback to getting this game is that origin are saying it's going to take 9 hours to download it! However, I live somewhere where the internet speed is really slow, so I'm sure that's not the same for everyone. Overall, this is a great purchase and people have only given it one star reviews as there are know clear instructions on what to do with it!
on 29 January 2014
The Sims 3 is a great game. If anyone one here is a parent buying this for their children and are hesitant to buy due to the 1 star reviews do not worry.

All you have to do for this to work is run the file that you download and copy down the product key.

Go to this website: [...] and download Origin.

Once you have downloaded it you will need to create an account using your E - Mail address then you will see that when the origin is open that there is an icon for it on the bottom right of the screen (where the date is etc) right click on that and select 'redeem product key' type in the one you were given by Amazon and it will instantly download it.

Easiest way to get games these days you don't have to wait 3 days for it to arrive!
on 19 August 2014
It's ok really but it's too much effort to do all the procedures. I would recommend just signing up to origin and downloading it to your mac/pc. This means you can browse through different sims and expansion packs all available for download. The price for the sims 3 on origin is £24.99. It is only a couple pound more but it downloads faster and less hassle. All the expansion packs are available aswell e.g into the future and university life. Origin is completely safe so it wouldn't cause suspicious activity. Hope that helped ;)
on 6 February 2015
The Sims return yet again in this third full evolution of the long-running and always-expanding sim series.

The Sims 3 allows you to immerse your unique Sims in an open living neighborhood right outside their door, interacting with other Sims using the new, deeper personality system. The game also allows you to customize anything, anywhere.

Overall, the Sims 3 is superb evolution for the franchise and an impressive, enjoyable game in its own right. EA has obviously listened to criticism and worked hard to create a title that prioritises goal- based gameplay over micro-management to deliver an experience that's constantly engaging and thoroughly immersive. Occasional AI quirks cause starving Sims to wander off and play guitar, for instance, instead of eating their food but, mostly, it’s a polished title that's packed full of the humour and dry wit we’ve come to expect from the series. Will it steal some hardcore gamers off their perch? Perhaps, but we doubt they’ll admit to it...
on 23 December 2014
Waste of money and time. Wrong version of the game (not the latest update) and the game launcher doesn't search for new update and so I cant save anything because it wont let me log in until I update to the newest one which It will not let me do. I want my money back!
on 6 March 2014
Having seeing this offer, I thought "Blimey! That's absolutely brilliant! Sign Me Up!" Little did I know that there was a reason behind the madness.
You see, using an online digital download forces you to use Origin. Now, I have my own reasons to despise EA, but the frustration that Origin has caused is 80% of the reason I'm asking for a refund.
See, whenever I'd open the Sims 3, it would go to the launcher, which would tell me that there was an Error, and to check the log (which doesn't exist). Now, there is an easy fix for this, where you go into the game files and open TS3W.exe which, according to forums, bypasses the launcher and gets you into the game.
Unfortunately, Origin doesn't like you doing this at all. It has a bit of a hissy fit, takes over you trying to open the game and, instead, opens the launcher. Bringing you back to square one.
Now, the one star I'm giving is obviously not for the game. There was a reason I bought it, because I'm a Sims fan. The one star is for the tediousness of this system, and that you are forced to get Origin, which is nothing compared to Steam, in all it's glory.
I highly recommend you buy a disc copy, or the game via steam because Origin is basically a toddler that snatches your computers processes and makes you do it "their way".
Two words:
Screw.
That.
(also, don't be seduced by low prices)
on 4 September 2013
Of a few things it does not tell you, you need to go to the sims website to activate it. but apart from that it works and you just give it a buy if you want it
on 9 July 2014
Code worked fine, the download took about 8 hours which was really annoying - might just be my internet but have seen other complaints with Origin slow download speed online. But in the end the game works perfectly fine and cheaper than buying it off EA Games. Instructions: Sign up with Origin and download the Origin software, click on top left menu "origin" then "redeem product code", enter the code and start download.
on 29 May 2015
I bought this for my daughter in May and she loves it. Personally, I think it makes the computer sound like it's about to take off and the software (Origin) that comes with it is an absolute pain but my daughter enjoys playing it very much. We have recently bought a Mabook and wondered if we could transfer the purchase over to that?
on 20 October 2014
found downloading origin and all the steps easy enough but every time it gets to about 70% or so it goes back down to 30-40%, meaning that the game has not been installed despite several DAYS of trying... given it one star as I am starting to wonder if it will ever work, 19quid is a lot of money for me!