on 17 February 2014
This product is excellent if you know what to do with it. I admit there is no clear instructions with it, but you can't expect to download the game of amazon and then be able to play it straight away. First you have to download origin, run it and make an account on your computer. Then download this game to the computer. A web page should come up with the serial number on it. Highlight and copy this and then go onto origin. In the top right hand corner there should be the orange origin symbol. Click on this and press redeem game number, and then paste the serial number into the box. You then have to go to my games and download it. The only drawback to getting this game is that origin are saying it's going to take 9 hours to download it! However, I live somewhere where the internet speed is really slow, so I'm sure that's not the same for everyone. Overall, this is a great purchase and people have only given it one star reviews as there are know clear instructions on what to do with it!
25 people found this helpful
on 29 January 2014
The Sims 3 is a great game. If anyone one here is a parent buying this for their children and are hesitant to buy due to the 1 star reviews do not worry.

All you have to do for this to work is run the file that you download and copy down the product key.

Go to this website: [...] and download Origin.

Once you have downloaded it you will need to create an account using your E - Mail address then you will see that when the origin is open that there is an icon for it on the bottom right of the screen (where the date is etc) right click on that and select 'redeem product key' type in the one you were given by Amazon and it will instantly download it.

Easiest way to get games these days you don't have to wait 3 days for it to arrive!
13 people found this helpful
on 16 October 2016
I love the sims game But find it worryingly addictive at times. Worth every penny and getting the online code make life much easier than trying to track down the DVD rom every time you want to play
on 9 July 2014
Code worked fine, the download took about 8 hours which was really annoying - might just be my internet but have seen other complaints with Origin slow download speed online. But in the end the game works perfectly fine and cheaper than buying it off EA Games. Instructions: Sign up with Origin and download the Origin software, click on top left menu "origin" then "redeem product code", enter the code and start download.
on 23 December 2014
Waste of money and time. Wrong version of the game (not the latest update) and the game launcher doesn't search for new update and so I cant save anything because it wont let me log in until I update to the newest one which It will not let me do. I want my money back!
One person found this helpful
on 26 October 2016
I lose weeks and months to this game! It literally takes over my life when I sit down to play! Definitely recommended!
on 15 August 2017
good game
on 29 December 2014
Good game, highly addictive and great for exam procrastination. Download was fast and quick. My computer stopped being able to connect to the internet when I downloaded and installed it, but i think that was my fault. system restore and install again and it now only seems to have a few glitches.
on 29 December 2015
Big fan of the Sims, I love the whole series, and this game was no exception!
on 26 July 2014
really addictive game. lose so much of my day playing this game creating a life and managing it than actually managing my own :/