Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.49

on 15 March 2014
I loved afterburn ( the 1st book) and absolutely couldn't wait for aftershock to come out! But after it was meant to come out in December, it was the delayed by 3months!!! Yes THREE months, I have to say, it wasn't as fantastic as I was expecting.

Yes, it still has the great characters, great storyline, and fantastic writing that one would expect from Sylvia Day.....it was just....lacking.

After a 3 month delay in publishing, I thought this would have given our author plenty of time to go over the book and make it outstanding, and able to blow the first book out of the water, but I was wrong. Apparently, Miss Day spent those 3 months doing something else entirely.

Should and could have been longer, there should and could have been much more to the ending of the book, and should and could have been made into just 1 full length novel.
The build up was good, gripping and a real page turner, but then, the ending is completely rushed and left ALOT to be desired.
The book is short anyway, and then it ends at 90% and there is 10% of dribble about s@x tips from Cosmo! This didn't bode well with me.

Good book, good story, great characters, overall very enjoyable, but from Sylvia Day, I expected more if I'm honest. I really hope she doesn't do that to the final crossfire book too.
on 16 March 2014
This book is typical of the recent releases by Day, poor quality book which uses sex to mask a very poor story. Just not impressed with Day just lately seems like she is spreading herself too thin. Hope the new crossfire isn't going the same was as this p*ss poor attempt at writing.
on 15 March 2014
I was excited when this book was delivered to my kindle but l must say it really wasn't worth the wait. That's why l only gave it a 2 star rating it felt like the book has just been rushed . It was disappointing ... Would not recommend this book.
on 15 March 2014
After the wait I was eager to read this conclusion to Afterburn; however agree with other readers I felt short changed by the length of the book. Did love the story and the characters but the ending and epilogue felt rushed and things were sort of left hanging. A book you do have to read if you read the first book. Definitely didn't want or feel it necessary to fill the last 10% of the book with Cosmo sex advice letters. Shame as I'm a huge Sylvia Day fan.
on 12 March 2014
It did feel a little rushed in Aftershock compared to Afterburn and it would have been better releasing as a complete novel. Having said that I did enjoy the story which is well written with strong likeable characters.
on 29 March 2014
I always enjoy Sylvia Day's work but I felt a little disappointed by the way the story ended. I really thought there would be another book to carry the story on and so was rather surprised when I reached the end of the book and realised that it was over. I suppose I expected more intrigue from the minor characters and was surprised when the subplots were not expanded. Despite my criticisms the book is well worth reading.
on 4 May 2014
Really enjoyed the story and it had so much promise but it was far too short. There was a lot more that could have been added to the story and some parts of the story could have had a lot more added to them which explains my 4 stars instead of 5. Really enjoy reading books by this author but this felt one felt rushed which is a shame.
on 15 March 2014
I love Jax and Gia and it was good to finally see their story come to an end. The first 3/4 of the book were to the usual Sylvia Day standard, but the last quarter was disappointing. I felt as though we were rushed to the finish post. Would have loved another 50 pages to expand the ending somewhat. Worth reading though.
on 11 March 2014
Disappointing too short,felt like Sylvia rushed to the finish with this one.. the characters are great, dialogue fabulous.... the sex .....wow. BUT I had the feeling Sylvia was late on her deadline to get this book on sale ...could have been so so much better...feeling let down.
on 20 May 2014
I do usually enjoy Sylvia Days books however I have had a hard time with this series.

As I have started I will continue to read but they just don't capture and hold my attention as her other books have.