Customer reviews

The Forgotten Seamstress
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.99

on 6 January 2016
What a great story, having been meaning to read this for some time and have not been disappointed. Being a patch worker myself I did enjoy this part of the story but to hear the other side of other things was a real pleasure. I will certainly be recommending this to other members of my patchwork friends and I really hope they get as much enjoyment as I have.
on 8 August 2015
This book kept me enthralled from the first page. It is one of the best books I have read in a long time. The author had obviously dine her research as well as using her knowledge of the silk industry to weave together the paths that were to cross in this story. Although I wasn't surprised by its conclusion I was so happy I was right. Thoroughly enjoyed this emotional story.
on 11 February 2017
Not the kind of book I would normally read....but I found it interesting and was captivated by the whole unfolding of the plot. A good read. Downside for me the swearing and the taking of the Lord Jesus Christ's name in vain, and the constant mention of the future King of England??? He would be the future King of UK. England has not had her own sole monarch since Elizabeth 1 died in 1603.
on 9 June 2017
I bought this based on how much I loved "The Silk Weaver" and "The Poppy Factory" but this was a bit of a let down, I did not warm to the character Caroline at all, and it was a bit hard work to finish this book. If I had read this book from Liz Trenow first I doubt I would have bought others, but I will as the other two books I mentioned in this review are really excellent.
on 21 May 2017
An intriguing story, quite deep in places involving some historical facts about mental institution s which may shock the reader but worth continuing reading because the story revolves around a quilt. A quilt has always been used to tell a story,made, with love using pieces of clothing which have significance to the maker.
on 27 August 2015
Having read the two other books written by Liz Trenow namely The Poppy Factory and The Last Telegram, I didn't at first think I was going to enjoy this one but how wrong I was! Beautiful storyline, very thought provoking and extremely well written. I am now suffering from the "post-book blues"!!!
on 24 April 2015
Really felt I knew Maria and cried reading parts of the book ... as I had met someone years ago at a local institution like this one who had become pregnant before marriage...locked up for years and years. She was often challenging , but I will never forget this old lady being gentle and crying when a nurse brought her new baby in for a visit....Liz captured the emotion... I guessed early on the outcome.

Wish that we could have been told how "Margaret" and Maria got back in touch and more of Ben.

Anyone who likes a bit of an emotional tug will love this
on 3 November 2015
This is not my usual type of book, but the background of the quilt intrigued me. We have fiction entwined with history that I found very interesting. This is the first book I've read by Liz Trenow and I've downloaded another. A nice easy gentle read that I found really enjoyable.
on 1 November 2017
It’s not very often that a book like this comes along, fantastic story and so well written it’s believable. I throughly recommend this to anyone who enjoys a light mystery
on 18 May 2016
Excellent. A beautiful story which I couldn't put down. Easy to read and wonderful characters.