Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Pre-order now Shop Men's Shop Women's

Format: Blu-ray|Change

on 22 October 2013
I will probably get a ton of troll comments and bad ratings, but i actually enjoyed this. It is a chilled out comedy about 2 computer illiterate guys trying to adapt to the fast growing future. It was really good. Quite a few funny scenes, but it is more of an eyeopener too. One scene mentioning about kids going to college for 4 years and been unable to get jobs afterwards. It really does make you reflect on the world around you too.

I enjoyed this, even if nobody else did.

I personally recommend this film. 5/5.
33 comments| 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 July 2015
Well that was fun! We sat down to watch a light hearted and funny film and this is it! All these people 1 starring it going all out to critique it...well thats stupid...with Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson as a pair you know straight up the kind of film your gonna get and yes yes the ending could easily of been predicted....but pretty sure most of these type are.
Get off your high horses, grab a bowl of popcorn and have a laugh...
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 11 January 2016
I fully expected to dislike this movie, but I actually quite enjoyed it.

Billy and Nick are Noogler's - newbie/wannabe interns being interviewed to work for Google. Alongside a bunch of intelligent technology minded college students. Sadly for these two previous salesman, they're pretty useless with technology and may have bitten off more than they can chew. However, that's good for us because their attempts to win the dream job are pretty hilarious.

This movie is definitely a slow burner. The first quarter is long winded and dialogue heavy, but as it progresses and the interview process begins it really takes off and I started to get into it a lot more. I thought Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson were actually the perfect pair for this role and some of the supporting roles were witty contributors, which kept me interested.

This is effectively a massive advert for Google, let's face it, but it's fun and an easy watch with a teensy bit of romance. I definitely recommend it for a lazy Sunday afternoon!
on 9 January 2016
We thoroughly enjoyed this fun, light-hearted, family film. Highly recommended for when you just want to put your feet up, drink your tea and eat your chocolate while enjoying some light entertainment.
on 27 January 2016
Overall this was a good film that I enjoyed.
A bit of both Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson classic characters and some typical type jokes but that's why we watch their movies I guess.

Yes it has cheesy lines and yes... **plot spoiler**

... it has a classic losers winning out storyline that is as predictable as it is loveable but generally it kept me involved and interested at the same time and I'd reccomend it as a feel good comedy film.
The film also has some eye opening bits and thought provocation too, especially around finding work post college.

Worth a watch. Find your inner googliness, chase your dream and live a little.
on 1 October 2016
I don't rate this as good as some of the other efforts this pair have made together as unfortunately they seemed to be struggling most of the time to get their laughs. OK, there were SOME funny situations and these did give way to some amusement but generally it wasn't THAT funny and also I think some of the roles were badly mis-cast.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 19 November 2013
I know the majority's opinion is that "The Internship" is nothing else but a [not so clever] product placing, yet I enjoyed it. Okay, I admit that "The Internship" goes on a 2-hour celebrating spree of the modern technology giant, following the description of the Silicon Valley headquarters that were familiar to me since reading In The Plex: How Google Thinks, Works and Shapes Our Lives (the free food, the colourful desks, the massage chairs and nap capsules), but come on, have none of you laughed a little, smirked, giggled? I did, dozens of times. Starting from webcam interview and ending with a marker-painted eyebrow of the fellow intern, it's not Vaughn and Wilson who deliver the majority of the laughs, it's the colourful ensemble of young actors, and yes, sometimes it's so absurd and clichéd, it becomes funny (in a sad way, but funny nonetheless!).

A Google ad masquerading as a bromance, correct. But seriously, I saw worse films. Three stars, not too much suffering.
on 28 July 2013
Two dinosaur salesmen (Vince Vaughn/ Owen Wilson) find themselves as interns at Google. They are fish out of water as they have to deal with the youth and terminology of the tech world. They are divided into teams with our duo on the misfit team which leads to formulaic results.

This is a fun film which doesn't offend. The humor is not overwhelmingly laugh out loud, by rather tritely funny. That is not to say it is bad, but simply lacks originality.

Worth a view. Makes for a good rental.

Parental Guide: 2 f-bombs, No sex or nudity. Strip club scene.
on 10 August 2015
I have always wanted to see this movie! Soo glad I did. It's Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson on the same screen, who wouldn't want to see this?! They both seem to have the same wit and charming qualities, which makes them equally loveable and enjoyable to watch on-screen. Quite a mix of characters and various moments in this movie, something to watch in every scene, a character to love and laugh with at times too.
Vince Vaughn is a pretty clever and extremely talented guy. This is written by him! I love everything he's done so far. He's quickly becoming my favourite celebrity! Really enjoyed watching him with Owen Wilson, I imagine they bounced off each other during filming this.
I love that each character has their own little storyline going on, and you see them flourish and develop in ways you wouldn't expect throughout.
This is definitely worth the watch if you like to laugh, or even if you are just into computers.
Massive 10 stars for this one. :)
on 3 January 2016
I'm sad to say that I have a tiny bit less regard for Messrs Wilson & Vaughn after this and am quite surprised that they climbed on-board. It reminded me of the corporate or council promotion films released between about 1960 and 1990. "Sheffield, city on the move" was quite a well known one but at least it didn't try to be something that it was not.