Colour: Strawberry Cream|Change

on 5 May 2014
Loved the look of this and really wanted one. Yes it looks fab but I am very disappointed with it. Beaters are hard to remove,the motor sounds as if its about to give up half way through and most annoying is the cable,very short and the position of it on the machine makes it get in the way of use.

I will just need to invest in a kitchenaid after all!
on 25 September 2013
It was a bargain, my daughter needed one, it came in a colour to match her kitchenalia. She says it makes great lemon meringue pie.
on 2 September 2013
A powerful little beast with long whisks, so it doesn't get lost in the cake mixture. Hooray and hoorah Breville!
on 1 September 2013
I love this mixer, it's tiny so it fits anywhere in the kitchen, and it works perfectly. I predict many many more cakes and pancakes in the coming years!
on 20 December 2014
Had this for some time - the beaters are far to fast on 'slow' and ridiculously fast on 'top'. It's almost impossible to cream icing sugar etc as the gearing is all wrong. Maybe 've got a fault machine, but wouldn't buy another. Also the cable is only about 30cm long - hopeless for mixing anything a little away from the socket!!
on 23 May 2015
I was very disappointed in this product which lasted about a year. It
replaced a phillips hand mixer which lasted 26 years!!

My husband took it apart in an attempt to mend it, but the plastic components inside had completely worn out, and I had not even used it on a weekly basis.

The beaters were always a struggle to insert and remove, and the slowest speed sent icing sugar all over me and my kitchen. I found it cumbersome to hold, and the lead was far too short.
on 7 April 2014
spin too fast for no.1 no much different to the other 5
buttons very close together. returned and refunded with no quibble -- good service
on 2 August 2014
I know 5 stars is a lot - but for less than the price of a birthday cake from a supermarket you can have something to create beautiful fluffy icing and endless other things. I love the colour, I chose mint. It's really powerful, has a great range of speeds and works really well. I can't fault it at all. I wanted the kitchenaid version of this but the colour ways they have are so bland, and I figured if I have to buy a new one of these every now and again it's worth it :)
on 16 April 2014
This is what I get for choosing style over function. This mixer looks great - it's small enough to slip into a drawer and it's a lovely 50s pistachio. However, as a mixer, it is utterly useless.

The lowest setting on the mixer is way too fast, so trying to cream butter and sugar, results in a pebble-dashing of you and the walls. I just about managed to make a cake with it, but had to put a tea towel over the bowl to try and limit the amount of mixture exiting the bowl.

It's a shame because the mixer is light and small - perfect for a smaller kitchen. Don't be wowed by the price - definitely a case of you get what you pay for. Avoid this mixer and pay a bit more for a higher Watt motor, which can handle slower speeds. That's what I'm going to do.
on 6 May 2014
Lovely retro hand mixer bought as a gift for my son...he loves it. Love the colour. All good.Thank you. :)