on 1 May 2014
When i first saw this i wanted it so badly i even requested it as an anniversary present from my husband - something he is strictly forbidden to do is buy me anything that says "In the kitchen and make me something!" is banned as a present - thats how much i wanted this. It looks awesome, its glass! its chromey looking!! Its got funky Lights!!! ACE!!!!

But it doesnt work.

The first one we ordered, i out my beef in, switched it to Auto, and got on with stuff completely oblivious to the fact that the damn thing had switched itself off after maybe 10 or 15 minutes. I walked in after a few hours to still raw meat and a flashing power button. thinking it was something i'd done wrong (Like you can do anything wrong in a slow cooker?!) I bunged my meat in the conventional oven. The second time i tried it, the same thing happened but this time i was watching... and i watched it when it switched itself off again!!! ARGH!! so, back in teh box and sent back for a replacement. Cooker #2 turned up, and this time I put pork in, switched it on and this one too kept switching itself off when i had it on Auto - but this time i switched it back on, on the Low setting and it stayed on and cooked. I'd been asking around on a Slow Cooker FB group and 4 other people had bought one of these, and only 1 person still had hers, the other 3 - same problem, all sent back. My 2nd one, also sent back, I'm tired of a nice looking appliance that doesn't actually work, so ive bought a less aesthetically pleasing model - THAT WORKS. the only one not sending hers back was so adamant on keeping it because of its looks, she didnt care that the Auto function is screwed. so heres the issue BREVILLE:

YOUR AUTO FUNCTION IS SCREWED. why on earth would you have a "Boil Dry" protection internal 'switch' on a SLOW COOKER?! let alone a faulty one that switches the cooker off because it 'thinks' the liquid level is too low (mine switched itself off and there was a full inch of liquid in the bottom!) A Slow Cooker is one of those things where the food NEVER BOILS, and you put very little liquid in it because NONE of it evaporates and thus will NEVER 'Boil Dry' unless you leave the lid off???! How stupid is that?!
on 4 May 2014
save yourselfdo NOT buy this, have just spent a horrible and stressful day with a leg of lamb that is now destroyed - this slow cooker turns itself off in 15 minutes after you start it - it's just a bad, defective product.
on 31 August 2014
I'm about to take my slow cooker back to the shop, as it's only 6 months old and, like some other people who have reviewed theirs, it has taken to switching itself off even though there is plenty of liquid in the cooker. I have found, too, that the food sticks to the bottom of the dish, something I never had a problem with on my previous slow cooker (a Tower Slow Cooker, which I had for 30 years!). Regrettably, I cannot give it any points as I cannot go out and leave the dinner to cook.
on 24 December 2013
This is a great cooker but it is much larger than I thought and I hoped I was down-sizing. It's lovely to see the stuff cookiung and is much more attractive than the crocks and stainless steel ones.
on 12 January 2014
I Love it my Kitchen Lights up in Blue with this Slow Cooker. And its just the Job. Thank You.***************
on 6 May 2014
First item switched to standby (boil dry protection even though there was plenty of liquid) after 30 minutes if used in hot or auto, replacement unit has same fault, returned for a refund.
on 8 April 2015
Really disappointed in this. It is stunning but that is all it's good for really - looking at! If you put something on high it turns itself off about halfway through cooking. First I thought i just had a faulty one - tried a replacement and that had the same fault. Since done some investigating and i found hundreds of people had the same issue. Yet when I called Breville and mentioned this, they claimed that they had never had this fault reported before - which is clearly untrue. If you just want something pretty to look at this is perfect. Unfortunately it's not functional.
on 22 February 2015
wow great slow cooker the only thing is when you put it onto auto you do have to stir it so it does not stick to bottom but apart from that I would say that this is one off the best slow cookers I have had. It took a while to come but not disappoint i am waiting for my daughter's birthday and she would love this a her next present
on 4 May 2014
I think this unit looks very cool. The supplied glass dish is quite large at 4L. However I've bought Pyrex glass dishes with lids in various sizes. 1L, 1.5L, 2L, for £5 - £10 each. These work fine on top of the unit and they make it very versatile.

The base unit is light weight which makes it easy to store.

My unit suffers from the problem that other users have complained off. It cuts out if used on the High or Auto setting. Obviously a generic manufacturing problem. However it works fine on Low. The supplied information says it cooks food in 8 hours if set on low. So not really a problem for a slow cooker!!
on 2 August 2015
I don't understand the bad reviews. it works exceptionally well, looks quite interesting with the space age blue lights, although the unit has a rather larger footprint than my previous slow cookers. I especially like the auto function where after an hour it turns itself down to the low setting without any intervention.. It possible to keep an eye on things without opening the lid. A good and a cost effective slow cooker.