Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 13 August 2013
I am also in my late thirties, and I too love this programme. I think it must appeal to those of a similar generation brought up on Mr Benn, Jamie and the Magic Torch etc.

This is a wonderfully imaginative animation. It's simple yet it has a depth that is lacking in much of today's contemporary childrens programming.

It follows the daily adventures of Sarah and her friend Duck. The 7 minute long episodes play out with gentle coaxing from narration by Roger Allam. The dialogue, which at times is quite matter of fact, gives rise to some genuinely funny interactions between Sarah, Duck and the narrator.

Although the show is aimed at pre schoolers, although I think it does appeal to a wider audience and older children would engage with this just as well (and clearly 30-40 somethings too).

Oh, my 13 month old daughter loves this too by the way.

Quack.
on 26 November 2013
I can only concur with the reviews above. We all watch Sarah and Duck in our house and my nearly-4-year-old son loves it, perhaps in a slightly different way to how his 30something parents both do.

Any programme with a talking pile of wool, a girl who always carries a plate, and a forgetful lady who has a grumpy bag to remind her what she is doing is always going to be a winner.

I have a passion for the satisfyingly surreal and this gentle, odd little programme fills my heart with warmth! I shall definitely be purchasing this when it comes out, and recommending that every person on this earth does the same.
on 3 September 2013
I think I am looking forward to this DVD release more than my child! It is a fantastic little cartoon (about 7 or 8 mins long per episode) and my 2.5 year old daughter, my 31 year old Hubby and myself love it! It's calm, unassuming, funny and quirky. I wish there were going to be more than just these first 10 episodes on the DVD though - but maybe I'm a bit greedy!
on 12 April 2017
Great for any Sarah and Duck fan, my 2 year old loves this and will watch it over and over again
on 11 March 2014
Quack! Adults and children can sit and watch this wonderfully animated series. Having recorded episodes from Cbeebies its great to now have the DVD .... Waiting for the next instalment now
on 27 June 2017
My daughter can't get enough of sarah and duck!
on 11 September 2015
class
on 24 June 2014
love this dvd probably more than my daughter! we paticularly love 'cake bake' and laugh together every time. will be buying more of these when released
on 8 November 2013
sarah and duck is one of my favorite programmes,its just brilliant,narrated by a much less sweary Roger Allam(the thick of it) the animation is quirky and utterly charming,to be honest i would quite happily watch it with or without my three year old.And i want a duck.
on 16 August 2013
This series is an antidote to all the limp, irritating, saccharine dross that gets pumped out by Disney. Sarah is real: She's imperfect, naive, funny-looking, and completely charming. Sarah and Duck stories don't necessarily have a beginning or end, they certainly don't have a preachy message - other than perhaps to "find joy in all things".

Her adventures are impeccable observations of a young mind. On her travels, Sarah meets talking rainbows, cakes, and vegetables. She accepts them all without prejudice as her friends. Fantasy and reality are blended in a way that only the very young would be completely comfortable with. Sarah is not pressured to make the "right" decision to solve her gentle predicaments, and often comes up with an unusual approach, whether it obeys the laws of physics or not - just like real a real human child.

The folky and kaleidoscopic music is wonderfully soothing, and complements the deep voice of the narrator wonderfully. The editing is also spacious and calm, making this a perfect bedtime wind-down for pre-schoolers and infants. Importantly for parents, this makes repeated viewing less annoying too.

Sarah and Duck is a BBC gem which revives the tradition of great british children's animation!