on 5 August 2017
The ellipsis seems to be too short on this exercise machine. I am used to the xc530 which had a much longer ellipsis and seemed to give me much more beneficial exercise. I have to say I have always enjoyed York Fitness machines. This one is leaving me slightly baffled and with a feeling I'm not really getting the work-out that I need. Nigel King
on 23 March 2017
Quality product. Well made. Easily assembled. Very stable when in use.
I have not used the braking resistance yet, as l find doing 30 minutes
exercise ( 20 minutes cycling and 10 minutes cross trainer) 5 days a week
adequate for my needs.l am not to confident of the pulse reading on
the console though.Other functions on the console i.e. Time,speed,distance,
Calories, rpm & watts l find very useful.
on 15 May 2017
Brought three months ago already experiencing a lound banging noise from the unit . I am absolutely finding the process of e mailing the company a joke at the moment I am not happy as it's a costly product. Update got another product weeks after the first product that also was defective unless I am the unluckiest person alive would advise to stay clear . I have now order a different product from a different site .
on 9 December 2015
Have reported an annoying squeak to York with a video as prove. They state that a noise should be expected!!!
on 23 February 2014
Very pleased with this. It came very well packed with clear assembly instructions. Took about 3/4 hr to assemble and get working. It is a strong, stable and well built/finished machine. Almost noiseless in operation, quieter than my breathing anyway. We are using it everyday, the programmes certainly give you a good workout.

I think this is a very good machine to build up fitness, although quite pricey, the stability, comfort and monitoring gives you confidence. I am beginning to notice a difference in my fitness.

Would certainly recommend for home use to anybody.
on 14 February 2014
It's ok but Italy's a squeekig sound when your working out! I tried to oil the joints still makes the noise, now unfortunately I have to listen to that annoying crackling sound throughout whilst working out!
on 5 October 2013
It not only looks good, it was very easy to build by myself, although I needed help to lift one heavy part. Instructions extremely clear. However, on arrival, I thought I had made a mistake in buying it, the contents of the box were everywhere, not neatly packaged, and I was positive bits must be missing or broken. I was wrong! Computer part tightly wrapped and perfectly easy to use with a variety of programmes.
It is very effective as both a bike and cross trainer...I like the variety of the two in one. It squeaks slightly...but just needs a little oil on a part my husband degreased!!! All in all I'm extremely happy with my purchase. It is better looking than most of the other cross trainers, so fits easily aesthetically in our lounge. Seat is padded and very comfortable. It works very well and is easy to use. Even has rear wheels that can be used to move it if needed! Had it for around a couple of months. Love it!
on 12 April 2014
Have now had two delivered and both have had to be returned because they were found to be damaged when unpacked.
on 24 February 2014
to start with a fantastic service delivered within 3 days of ordering and assembly only took 35 mins unpacking however took another 10 mins, the cross/trainer is easy to use sturdy and very quiet when in use (recommend)
on 8 August 2014
Excellent, cannot fault it.
Didn't take too long to assemble, me reading, OH doing the donkey work. Pretty well explained for the most part.
This machine is really good. We had a much cheaper one for a few years, (no bike, just a cross trainer), which I found ( I am 5 ft and in my early 60s) to be really hard to use, after 5 minutes I had had enough.
This machine moves so easily, with no noise or bumps. This is the quietest machine of its type I have come across.
It is not too big (the other was much bigger) It can be as effortless as you wish or really challenging. The timer is accurate, and the many different programmes take the boredom out of just pedalling etc.
We searched everywhere for the best price and actually found one locally for £20 cheaper, which we were going to have ( delivery extra- this wouldn't fit in an ordinary saloon, a seriously big boot would be needed here), but when we went to pay, wouldn't you know they were out of stock!!!!!
Should have followed my instincts and gone with Amazon. it arrived within 2 days perfectly packaged and we were not disappointed at all. If you want something like this, the option of cycling or crpss training is an excellent idea, you could not do better than this machine. This has a digital readout,Body fat, calories, pulse, time etc. etc all easy to read and understand. Everything is electronic, no batteries, or mechanical adjustments, just a button to press to change modes, times etc. etc.
My daughter ( a regular gym-goer) was amazed "Oh gosh, its just like the ones down the gym" and couldn't believe the price. I cannot see, for ordinary household use, that paying £100s more for another machine would benefit. we are really pleased and cannot recommend this enough!