on 3 August 2014
This book is just an inkling of Karl's insightful thoughts of the different main prospects of life; marriage, children, happiness and death. It is essentially a memoir of his own thoughts as he once again embarks an ambitious journey to explore different cultures and sees how different parts of the world goes about it.
He visits India to see the true meaning of happiness in an arranged marriage and how both families actually go through with deciding why someone is perfect for their daughter.
Then he meets a lot more strange faces throughout America and takes note that there are very different and alternative people across the world who go to extreme lengths to achieve their happiness, some stories are very much unbelievable and the book was good enough to include photo's to help is understand what exactly we are reading because sometimes it is a little gross.

But once again, Karl manages to get you to see life differently and even turn something negative such as death into something more positive- although he may be the morbid, waiting for death kind, you'd be surprised to know he actually enjoys life, he just sees it in a different way and he comes out with some very cracking points and quotes which really nails it.
Sometimes I feel the title An Idiot Abroad series make him come across as an actual idiot and he might have not enjoyed it before, I can tell he's really taken his new experiences on board and produced this amazingly delightful and easy to read autobiography because in actual fact he is really wise.

It'll have you laughing and dying with laughter in no time.
on 6 June 2014
Great Book that is a bargain price of £3.50 when i bought it, Karl is a Genius, but going from the recent youtube review of this book he needs to get his lines on his head filled in again, hopefully some of the proceeds from this book sale can pay towards more botox for you Karl.
on 9 December 2014
Karl's persona in the book is so much nicer, funnier and less moany than he appears on tv. I laughed out loud at many of his comments and have to agree with much of his outlook on life. Different type of travel writing where a topic takes him to a place to study it in more detail. That twix double coffin is amazing. My husband and I prefer giant chocolate buttons so not sure how that would work....
on 28 July 2016
I'm a massive fan of Ricky, Stephen and Karl, have been since the podcast days and the book itself is as funny as Happyslapped by a Jellyfish!

However it really isn't as fun to read, HbaJ I read in a day or two, couldn't put it down in fact, but this one just didn't have the same effect on my unfortunately. Maybe I expected too much? Either way, it's a really enjoyable book, and definitely worth a go if you're a fan!
on 1 June 2014
Read in 2 days and watched the programme as well. Had its funny moments and also interesting facts . Well enjoyed it .100% would recommend.
on 20 March 2015
Well Ive finally finished it... it took a while cos I was only reading it when I was stuck in traffic on the bus to work... may have been a mistake as a few of my fellow passengers thought I was a bit strange... sitting there sniggering to myself and recalling the tv series. A lot of good one liners in this book and I hope theres another series ( Without the annoying office bloke ) and another book to follow ?
on 4 November 2013
KP always delivers! He's the best thing since the Sony walkman. Can't compare to anything else in this World.
Karl IS in a World of his own, and what a fascinating place to be - sheer genius!! I'll never get enough of his view of life.
Top class entertainment.
Thanks for the Moanery :)
on 28 December 2014
I'm a big fan of Karl Pilkington and have enjoyed all his previous books. The Moaning of Life is a hilarious and surprisingly informative read. It offers a great accompaniment to the TV series as well as being a fantastic and funny book in its own right. Very easy to read and the illustrations are good too! Would recommend to any fans of KP as well as anyone looking for a great read.
on 13 October 2013
If you know Karl Pilkington from Xfm shows, An Idiot Abroad or his other appearances with Steve Merchant and Ricky Gervais, you know what to expect; Karl's hilarious thoughts, witty responses, and moaning, and you will find what you expect.

I have read all books by Karl Pilkington and this just might be my favorite. The only thing that would make this better if Steve Merchant was reading the book to us. I laughed out loud on every page, and sometimes Karl (probably without being aware of it) says very romantic words about his longtime girlfriend Suzanne. "If Suzanne left me I don't think I'd bother looking for someone else either. I would drive them up the wall always talking about Suzanne and how she used to do things a certain way."

If you love Karl Pilkington, get this. If you don't know Karl well, please do yourself a favor and listen to The Ricky Gervais Show first, then get this.
on 12 March 2014
This book is a must have to accompany the DVD as it just allows you to delve deeper into the mind of the round headed buffoon that is Karl Pilkington, it allows to see more of his thoughts from his travel around the world looking at how different countries handle different aspects of like such as death and marriage. Great read and really funny much like the Idiot Abroad Travel Diaries !!