We purchased this for our son as a birthday present. He's had an Ipod Touch for 4 or 5 years and has used it constantly for music, for media and for a variety of apps.

He'd found of late though he was increasingly finding apps that didn't run or didn't run well and also had got to the point where his battery was barely lasting an hour when using the screen.

So we agreed to get him this and he is delighted with it. First impressions are immediately of an upgrade, it is slimmer, lighter and has a noticeably bigger screen. The higher resolution image really shines through on his apps and games , as does the power that allows them to run properly.

We did find that it would no longer work with his Ipod dock but were able to get him a very affordable LUPO 30 Pin to 8 pin adapter which has done the trick and works perfectly.

Overall he's delighted with this and I'm impressed. Definitely a worthwhile upgrade.
on 17 January 2014
Disappointed that iPod camera not available on 16GB Touch 5th Generation not made clear in description/details on product as ordered
44 comments| 111 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 July 2013
Having only ever owned an iPod nano I decided to get this little device because my old iPod had finally bitten the dust.

So far, I am very impressed! Now, I chose the 16gb as I don't need a rear camera as I have my mobile phone for this (and this is the Galaxy s4 so it's pretty good quality!) I also wasn't bothered about a colour, black and silver is timeless. The iPod has all of the features you'd want for an iPod, apps, music, Siri and the other handy apple features like FaceTime and iMessage. It's all wifi based so most of the features have to be used at home but it's an iPod and not a phone so that's perfectly acceptable.

It's very light, thin and handy to put in a bag or pocket. The headphones it comes with are ok too, much better than the old apple headphones. Be careful though, as if you're new to iPods phones etc you'll need to buy a charger as this only comes with the USB connector. This isn't an issue for us though, with 2 iPads and iPods we had plenty of chargers spare!

10/10.
22 comments| 163 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 May 2014
Very easy to set up, quick to charge, easy to use, slim and light, handled apps like Instagram, FaceTime with ease. An ipod with added value! Great choice for kids as does most of the things of an iPhone can like iMessage but can't call/text so no chance of running up a big bill.
on 1 April 2014
Bought for my 15 year old daughter who uses it for the usual, music, Facebook, apps and games. She is very pleased with it and would definitely recommend that you buy one.
on 26 December 2014
Am devistated bought 2, for my children and discovered on Boxing Day that it doesn't have a front facing camera, unfortunately it now says I cannot return it. Bought iPod 5 touch from the Apple Store and the model comes with a camera front and back, so why are these different??
on 26 January 2014
Brought this as a Xmas present for my daughter, she loves it, the only thing l will point out its that the 16gb version doesn't have a rear camera but the 32gb does, this caught me out, but other than that great brought.
on 31 January 2014
its excellent, the quality of the pictures are amazing. its fast on the update. Slim, light, battery charges quickly, splendifirous
on 23 July 2014
At first, I thought the iPod was just a gimmick, but when I had to buy a music player that has a long battery life, paying a bit more for the iPod Touch instead of the Shuffle or Nano was well worth it. It's absolutely insane. Of course, its processor is older compared to, say, Qualcomm Snapdragon 800, but everything on it is more than fluid enough compared to smartphones in the same price range. Battery is from another world, as it stands for up to 2 days of intense use (gaming and video streaming). I even dropped it on my gym and the screen luckly didn't suffer anything (though it was on a cover, but it didn't cover the front display).

The only downside of it would be compatibility of programs and options with non-Mac PCs and Android smartphones, but for listening to music/watching videos on long flights, it's all I could ask for.
on 11 May 2014
to replace a 3rd generation ipod touch. bigger screen, slimmer. faster than previous ipod, overall a good improvement. not bothered it doesn't have a rear facing camera. just one down side, it's supposed to be 16gb, in settings it says capacity 13.2gb available 12.8gb, so not really 16gb then.