on 14 July 2014
I bought 3 and took them camping. Just as comfy as I expected. Did a fair bit of sitting down too :-)

They fit nicely back into their bags (often the bags are just too tight), quite light to carry, just what I was hoping for.

And my 4/6 year old have one too, didn't waste money on a "kids" one......and they can reach our table. So fine for quite young kids.

Note I am only 5ft2, these are adult chairs but if you are a taller person check another review for suitability for taller people.
on 26 June 2013
Not nearly as camp as I expected it to be. Took it to see a musical and it didn't seem at all interested, no big gestures or singing along to the show tunes.

Tried to share some Glenmorangie with it too, but it wasn't having a bar of it, so not convinced about the highlander bit either.

But it is a chair, it does fold and it is black so overall the product is as described in all the important aspects.

UPDATE: It has survived 2 glastonbury festivals, whilst many others around it fell. And it loooooved Dolly.

UPDATE2: Now survived 3 glastonbury festivals and several picnics. I understand why it has highlander in the title now, clearly it is immortal. "There can be only one!"
88 comments| 235 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 June 2014
So first of the product is good, it survived a festival!! What more can I say, my only downside is that it doesn't fold like you would imagine, more like a deck chair then a collapsible chair. Which is fine really, just takes up a little more space than expected.
on 14 July 2014
Took it out of the bag put it up sat on it......Got up to get a drink sat back down and it broke !!!!
Pay a bit more and get something you can use more than once.
on 25 July 2013
I bought four for a festival and after just an hour of usage, two already broke.
But the rest were really handy. They came compact when folder and come with individual bags.
Not bad for it's price though.
on 19 June 2013
Very good quality for such a low price. Have had this style before but they were not so strong. Very pleased with it.
on 15 July 2014
I bought the chair for a camping trip last weekend. The first day the chair was fine, but on the second day the metal pole for the left arm bent at a rivet and pretty much snapped off. Almost useless now.
on 12 August 2013
Needed chairs for camping trip and purchased 2 of these. At £7.50 they were cheap and did the job. However the arm rest on one of the chairs ripped as the securing screw seems too small (an additional washer would help and now on other chair). But for the price lasted 3 three weeks with two kids and this was the only issue.
on 3 August 2016
I have seen other people using these folding chairs out and about over the summer at various places I have been too. One of the first places I noticed them was sports day at my children's school. I saw some other parents looking very comfy and relaxed sitting on similar chairs to these ones complete with their own cup holders for their water. While I was sat on a blue plastic chair feeling very uncomfortable because it didn't go far back enough in the seat and the back off the chair wasn't high enough for me. The same thing happened at another event I went to the same people came with their chairs and put them on the grass and got comfy whilst I was once again sitting on a blue plastic chair designed for 11 year old's. I might be the same height as the 11 year old's but I'm certainly not the same build as them. I had previously seen chairs like these ones in the local supermarket market but i just walk past them every time. It wasn't until I was at a friends house when she had her camping chairs out that I realised actually how comfortable they are. So I thought great I'm gonna get 2 the next time I'm out and that's exactly what i done. I bought 2 at the local supermarket. I brought them home already to try them out because it was a nice day but before I got the chance my youngest 2 claimed them. They thought I had bought them chairs to sit on and I didn't have the heart to tell them otherwise so I came onto amazon to pick some more chairs. I seen this chair and thought it looks very similar if not a bit pricier but I bought 2 anyway and I'm glad I did.

I found once the chairs had been delivered that they are slightly better than the ones I purchased from the supermarket. The backs of the chairs are quite high which means when I'm sitting on it I slouch less. The chairs have lots of room in them when sitting down so you don't feel squashed. The arms are slightly adjustable so you can make them a bit higher for resting your arms if need be. The have a cup holder in the arm of the chair. It is made of net but will hold a flask or bottle quite easily . The chairs fold up like an umbrella and go into a bag which is provided, The bag has a handle on it which makes the chair easy to carry around. The chair is very light weight but also very sturdy. It is easy to take out of the bag and put up when you want to use it. I was able to do it using 1 hand which is great especially if your having to hold other stuff at the same time.

I got both chairs delivered using prime delivery so they were due to arrive the next day. Unfortunately the local courier only delivered one of them. I think he didn't notice that their were two of these chairs our for delivery to the same address as they were packed in separate bags. The other chair was delivered the next day by the same courier. The chairs were packed in blue packaging which kept the chairs dry.

I'm glad my children claimed my first 2 chairs because these chairs look and feel better made and stronger than the other ones. I will be using my new chairs hopefully for many years to come providing we get sun in the summer. No more plastic chairs at sports day for me anymore.
on 12 July 2014
***DANGEROUS***
See images I have uploaded. I am only 12 stone. Opened packing this morning. was just sitting perfectly still on it just now watching tv (and thinking how horribly uncomfortable they are).. and snap! The jagged "drinking straw-like thickness" metal cut my hand as it snapped apart. Health advice...don't buy unless you want a visitor or family member hurt. These chairs are not like similar-looking chairs I bought in the past. From China I expect where people weigh about 3 stone presumably and everything is tailored for them. Amazon are stopping me from being able to show photos of the jagged broken metal.