on 17 December 2013
I bought this as a gift for a friend - I've not opened it as it is going straight back!

It looks decent enough - but on the back of the packing it has 3 things it says it does.

1) Take off
2) Spinning and Flying*
3) Landing

Take off just makes a noise and flashing light when it's picked up.
Landing - guess what - makes a noise and flashing light when it is put down.
Now - to the crux of the matter. the * after Spinning and Flying refers you to some small print which says - and I quote ...."Note Does not actually fly. Does not spin unaided" Well - considering the name of the thing .......

It's fairly cheap so I wasn't expecting a remote control or anything, but I thought it would have a small motor to rotate it on it base or something.

So - if you basically want a model of the Tardis that makes a few noises and has a flashing light - then go for it. Othewise, I think the manufacturer should have a look at the name of it!
on 10 December 2013
Bought as a present from a Doctor Who fan. She loved it. Arrived quickly and in good shape. Nice price-quality ratio. Opens to show an interesting tardis interior.
Does NOT spin or fly (stupid me for thinking so), baterries required for light and noises only.
on 5 January 2015
As a lifelong Dr Who fan (I was there for the first episode) I've always wanted my own tardis.
The sound effects are good, the "fly" not so effective. Still an enjoyable piece of fun and it
looks looks good on my bookcase!
on 16 April 2014
OK as many have said, doesn't spin or fly as it says in the description - didn't really expect it to fly, but it only spins if you push it with your finger so a bit misleading. Bought this for my 8yr old son who is Dr Who crazy at the moment. He's just started collecting the figures and I thought this would be the perfect accessory, but no it isn't as it is not big enough for the figures to fit in!! Yes it does say suitable for 3.5" figures on the box, but that is not the standard size for the figures and therefore I think the description is misleading! My son is quite happy with it, but for £10 I did expect it to accommodate the standard sized figures and it doesn't, therefore disappointing.
on 7 February 2015
This spinning tardis is very good. It doesn't fly but it does make the noise. You can open and close the doors and see what's inside (not bigger though;) The size is perfect for the small figures of the Doctor. It's perfect for a whovian!
on 2 December 2013
Bought this for my partner who loves all things doctor who and he is massively impressed with, even though it said on the package its for children this adult was in his element.
on 11 January 2014
I'll start of by saying that all the reviews saying it doesn't spin and fly are frankly just silly, did people honestly think they would get some sort of remote control helicopter/tardis for £10? It is just a toy!

It has some nice detailing and the inside of the toy is nice. Sadly the phone hatch (the white bit on the door) doesnt open and the doors don't have the closing button which is a shame. other than that it is good. Also it doesn't come with batteries but again this is to be expected.

Overall good toy and some bad reviews for some silly reasons.
on 14 January 2016
Maybe I should have ready the details better, burnt assumed it actually flew, it does not, you manually spin it and it makes a noise! My son was a little disappointed, but it's a good model I suppose
on 1 October 2014
Used as a cake topper for my 21st! Amazing
on 27 December 2013
It was not until the package was opened did I see in the small print on the box that this Tardis does not fly and will only spin when manually operated. I do not recall reading this when I chose and ordered from Amazon. Very poor value for money. Again a poor description as it does not do what it says and that is to "Spin & Fly".