on 4 July 2013
I have used skullcandy in the past and have always been skeptical about another headphone that just looks good with no performance to show for the price. The navigator is a prime example of a pair of headphones that combines style, quality and size very well. It is small, light weight and the foam used on the ear cups are very nice.

If you find yourself travelling with it, you have a carry case and if you use it on the plane for example and fell asleep, it will not be poking you when you are trying to sleep. The sound quality if good as well and worked well with wide variety of genres, I tried it with RnB, Hip Hop, Pop, Classical, I don't listen to Rock music but I tried it out to make sure and it handles them well.

The lightweight is a bonus because you can wrap it around your neck and not feel a thing there. It also has inline control for changing tracks, volume and for phone calls too so for the price it is definitely a good purchase.
on 17 July 2013
First off, the packaging for the Navigators has been well designed in-line with the other Skullcandy ranges, which ultimately sets them up as well presented brand. For people that do not know Skullcandy, although I cannot imagine there are many, this will definitely help depict their ethos as a stylish, high quality brand.

Now, whilst the packaging is nice and clean, it doesn't have a plastic window so you cannot see the actual headphones. This would usually be a bit annoying, however; luckily the graphics and the image on the front directly replicate the product itself. The headphones are nicely folded away in the box and well protected in a plastic bag, and the cord is also wrapped up separately so there is no tangling. These headphones also come with a Skullcandy branded cloth bag to keep them protected when they are not being used. Most of the time I keep them round my neck because they look just that good, but for times when I have to take them off, this bag is a handy little bonus.

Now, the metal construction, which although does feel slightly flimsy, is actually pretty durable, and it is actually a great design feature as it works with them being adjustable and able to fold them away and fit them nicely in your bag. A Sturdy, rigid pair would just add extra bulk which is unnecessary, and not really what you want to be carrying around. Because these are small and lightweight, they also sit so comfortably on my ears, and the collapsible ear pads are nice and soft too, with the skullcandy motif. I was sceptical about on-ears leaking sound, but don't get me wrong the sound rocks too!

So, whilst these headphones look stylish, and have a stunning design, they are not just about fashion. Skullcandy is known for being fashionable, but these really are amazing quality despite what other people may say. The sound sits with one of the better quality pairs that I have used, and can I just say I have tried and tested many!

Once the 2.5mm part has been clicked into position, the sound quality was perfect, I was able to listen to a broad range of music genres on my iPod and even tried some heavy metal in there just to see how they held up. They did extremely well. So with distortion free bass response at high volume, they definitely do not hold back on style or sound.

The flat tangle resistant cable is detachable, which means that if you're not listening to music you can still wear them round your neck without any wires, they're just that trendy. Another handy feature that these have is an in-line mic which is ideal for taking or making phone calls. The mic picked up all sound when I was making a call and there was no need to lift it up to my mouth to speak, it also has volume control to adjust the sound and track control. A perfect handsfree headset, making it useful to use with my iPhone as well as listening to music.

The cost of this model, while not the cheapest and not a budget option, they will not break the bank either, and it is a great price to pay for style and sound. When looking for headphones, you look for the overall design as well as the sound quality, well all I can say is that Skullcandy have cracked it with these. In my opinion these are worth it. Skullcandy have created a winning product here and have navigated me to a rave review!
on 28 March 2014
Bought these for my husband as sometimes he needs to block out the noise around him to be able to concentrate on the job in hand. They are portable and fit into a bag very easily, only thing I would say is I'd have loved a hard case to protect them instead of the soft bag that comes with it. Loved the blue ear casing as you can see through this to see the inner workings which is an extra touch that doesn't come with some of the other colours.

Sound is fantastic quality for the price of the headphones and they fold quite small for an overhead set of on ear headphones. I would recommend to anyone.
on 10 October 2015
Have always had a thing for these but could never justify spending the 80 notes on them. So when these came in at £20 I couldn't resist.

So looks these have a see through ear pieces and chrome. Some nice detailing on the actual ear piece too.
Very comfortable to wear, but not round the neck. Found they can be very tight.

Sound. So the biggie. Pretty decent to be fair I listen to all sorts and put them through the the mill on a recent long haul flight. Bass seemed nice and chunky while the treble add real tone. Music sounded amazing through them. I watched a few videos with them also. Excellent sound quality on videos too.
on 13 June 2016
Great little headphones for the price. They are lightweight and quite comfy due to the memory foam eat pads. But they are quite small and if you have a large head they may not fit on your ears correctly. Picked them up for £15.
on 27 April 2016
It didn't come in original packaging. It was in a plastic bag with a barcode on it. One of the ears doesn't work, and it doesn't register as a hands free when plugged in. Extremely disappointed Amazon.

I tried these headphones in the US so knew I would like the sound of them. This particular pair should not have been sent out. I would only assume it was a mistake that this was sent to a customer.
on 22 September 2015
Fairly decent sound. The memory foam cushions do their job and the headphones are very comfortable to wear, though the cushions do get a bit hot - it's good for when it's cold out. I absolutely love the design, but honestly I do wish it was more opaque like the graphic.
on 7 March 2015
Purchased these on offer and have to say I am delighted with them. The sound quality is excellent providing great bass. They sit really comfortably on the ear and even stay in place throughout a varied gym workout. I have the pink aviator style and love them as they are a bit different to the regular round type most are wearing...great to be a bit different and have noticed plenty admiring them! Quality is good, they adjust well and fold for ease of carrying in the bag which comes with them. They are so nice however, you won't put them in the bag as you'll wear them around your neck when not using. Delighted and highly recommend. Get them at a reduced price as I wouldn't pay full price for them but that's just because I love a bargain! ;-)
on 11 November 2014
Been using these for over a year, and still great. Not at all bulky and lightweight. They also fold away. When there on they are comfortable (i have always had a problem with over ear headphones being too tight and sore after a while) for long periods of time. Can't fault them. Seen them sold in several shop for 70+.
on 17 August 2015
I am totally in love with these! I had previously bought some Skullcandy headphones, which I felt were less comfy on the ears because they were rimmed. These are extremely comfy, as the ear pieces are flat, with memory foam, meaning they sculpt to your ear shape. The headphones are quite compact, which means they blend with what you're wearing. And the sound is crisp, with a good bass level, as well as outside sound being massively reduced; I plan to take these on my travels, because nothing is worse than being unable to hear your music through background noise! They are a wonderful design/colour (almost 'TARDIS' blue!) and even come with a travel bag. I am sure these will last me a good while, but will definitely buy them again.