on 13 November 2013
I was sceptical before I bought this product. Did I want 12 boxes of disappointment without seeing any reviews here or anywhere on the internet? But I just couldn't resist the ingredient content: 75% COCONUT EXTRACT AND WATER? 1 LITRE? NO BPA? NO ADDED GUMS/WOOD CELLULOSE/PRESERVATIVES? AT THAT PRICE?! Lemme risk it. The closet thing I read online that it may be comparable to is Aroy D's 100% coconut milk which only seems to be available in America.
I've tried Chaokoh, canned Aroy-D milk, Rajah, Waitrose Organic, Biona, canned Kingfishers Organic milk and many others. The best one out of these is the Waitrose Organic brand but it was too pricey (£2.09 per 400ml). Biona is a watery mess (huge disappointment) and Kingfisher Organic is a revolting grayish watery sludge and it cost me the same price as the Waitrose brand! Never buy it! Oh and don't get me started on Koko's (Kara in some countries) "Coconut" milk which is A WASTE OF MONEY. High priced white filtered water!
But this is by far is the best coconut milk available in the UK. It's so cheap compared to the other coconut milks out there. It's excellent if you use coconut milk in alot of recipes on a daily basis e.g. lattes, desserts, sauces etc. Its in a tetra pack so no BPA. Its 1 litre at £1.44 per carton with 75% coconut milk content! No additives, fillers or preservatives. Its just coconut and water. The taste is sweet and 'coconuty'. The coconut doesn't separate from the water because the coconut content is so high you can tell its a premium product. Straight from the box its a heavy dense cream but when you warm it in the pan it becomes more liquid so you can use it for ANYTHING. I've been looking for a cheap alternative to milk and cream but buying coconut milk by the can was hurting my wallet.
I hope this product never goes out of stock and never raises its price - getting coconut milk in the carton over here is so difficult especially at such an amazing price and quality. To me this beats the organic brands that put their food in tins!!! Maybe it will motivate companies to stop with their cheap fillers, poisonous packaging and rip off prices with like 2% coconut actually inside the damn thing! *ahem* -_____-
Thank you Amazon!
1010 Comments| 166 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 18 April 2017
Very tasty coconut milk with a consistency of cream rather than milk. As described on the packing,it contains 75% of a coconut extract. Good alternative to dairy products.
on 20 January 2018
I have purchased this product twice.
First time all was good, ingredients were 95% coconut milk and some form of stabiliser/ emulsion or the the like, all very fine.
The milk was very thick even at room temperature but really not a problem, it’s thick because it’s virtually all coconut cream, that’s what it is! Just thin down if needed with water.

However, my second batch of 12 were nothing like the first 12!

Firstly the coconut milk was now 75% with the balance of water, standard thickners, etc nothing of note that you would not find on any other standard coconut milk product ie Sainsbury’s own label which I have used in the past.

However, the biggest problem I found with this latest inferior diluted batch was that when I used it, it gave me boughts of diorrea, each and every time!
It was very predictable and measurable in terms of time frame from when it was consumed, this was not confined to just one of packs of 12 as I tried a number of them then chucked the rest as not willing to risk any more.

Not sure what was in their new receip but I guessed it wasn’t telling the whole truth on the ingredients listing, AVOID IMO!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 21 September 2015
Not as good as other brands. Doesn't freeze so is inconvenient to have to open such a large amount at once.
on 9 October 2016
I always buy this coconut milk because always been the best quality! But it has changed like others said the quality is poor now it's runny like it's basically water not think n creamy anymore so angry about it cos this was the only one I could really have cos had no addivities 😢😢😢
on 21 May 2017
I really like this product solids and water are normally combined in this product, but this batch were separated so I had to decant the whole Caron into a liquidiser and combine. It didn't appear to keep as long either.
on 13 February 2016
I use this for making kefir, it's the only one I can find without emulsifiers & preservatives. I even find it tastes sweeter than organic brands and is nice & thick, great stuff!
on 25 May 2017
Best ever - will buy again and again. I highly recommend
on 26 April 2016
The past coconut milk was pour able but seems to be getting a lot thicker. Lately. Good quality but very thick.
on 28 May 2017
This milk is so thick and creamy. Fantastic in a curry and it makes great coconut Kefir. I tried some other coconut milk products and they were very thin and watery so i will stick to this product in the future.