on 11 January 2015
Ok, some of the negative reviews of this are pretty old so perhaps the product specs or the quality control has improved but some of the comments are very misleading. I have the Kitsound Boomdock which is a fantastic piece of kit so decided to buy one of these.

Firstly this is a small and sleek ALARM CLOCK! It's never going to have top hi-fi sound but for the size it is pretty reasonable. For some background music or radio in the bedroom as you wake up it's more than comparable with any alarm clock. The volume level is perfectly acceptable and nothing like listening via the phone's speakers.

I have an iPhone 6 and it fits this perfectly. It doesn't state that it is compatible with the 6+ so don't buy it for that as it won't fit. The fit is snug without a case but I see this as a good thing - I wouldn't want the phone wobbling around.

It does NOT automatically start playing as soon as you dock the phone.

When you put the unit in Standby mode the clock brightness dims to an almost perfect level. It's still fine to look at to see the time even with the room lights on but is dim enough so that it is not at all distracting when going to sleep.

I love the way the clock is automatically synced with the iPhone's clock so you know the clock will be very accurate.

I have only given it 4 stars for two reasons. The build quality doesn't feel quite as good as it could be but as it will sit on the bedside table this shouldn't be a problem. I also agree that it is not the most intuitive operation and the manual is fairly poor.

In the questions section on here lots of people are asking whether it works with different versions of iPhones & iPods - short answer is it will work with pretty much all except the 6+ Just make sure you chose the either 30 pin or lightning connection when placing your order (there are the two options at the top of the product screen).

So if you want Bose sound quality buy a Bose. If you want a great alarm clock that charges your iPhone for a reasonable amount of money then buy one of these.
on 11 January 2015
Well done KitSound an amazing little product, and well worth the money. Love the way the time links to your iPhone or ipod when you dock it. Saves all that fiddling around setting the time if you turn the power off from the mains. Great feature. And it dims so it's not to bright at night. I've had this 2years now and i charge my phone every night/day. In fact it's prob lasted longer than my original Apple iphone charger. I paid £35 which seemed a lot but on reflection was well worth the money.
on 5 July 2015
I can't vouch for the alarm itself as I have never used it, but the sound is OK and it looks nice and I found it easy to set up. I find the light too bright at night time so I can't turn it towards me to view it from the correct angle, but this isn't too big of a deal. I thought it was supposed to dim at night time but even with the music switched off it only dims slightly.

What is a pain is that it seemingly randomly flashes up the time as "85:11" for a split second, then goes back to showing the actual time. I have tried to take a photo but obviously in poor late night light it isn't great, but you can see it. I tried removing my iPod to see if that makes it stop but it doesn't. I'm only in the room with the clock at night so can't verify whether it happens all day too. I thought maybe it was something to do with the radio frequency but it isn't (and I don't use the radio, just iPod).

I'd return it but it was a gift so I don't have the means to (asking the gift giver did not go down well). It is a shame because it is otherwise a nice bit of kit.
review image
on 18 July 2013
The best bang for your buck speaker dock out there. And it sure does make a bang (but in a good way) The sound quality is perfect. I was primarily looking for an alarm clock which would play my music but now I find myself using this dock to play my tunes all the time. When I'm at home my phone rarely leaves the docking station.

I absolutely love the 2 alarms setting, this means on weekdays I'm up early and ready for work but on the weekend I can set a second alarm to give me a couple of hours extra sleep.

Ultimately It does exactly what is require of a clock radio speaker dock but at the same time it has surpassed my expectation with great sound and many extra features
it's so easy to set up, simply place your phone in the dock and it automatically picks up the same time as your phone.

The radio Is great and picks up a good signal. Auto tune has no problem picking up every radio station and if like me you have a couple of stations you like to flick between you can save up to 10 presets into its memory.

The minimalistic and compact design fits neatly on my bedside. The buttons are clearly laid out and the display is easy to read.

I always wake up with a full battery in the morning and as far as I can tell it matches the charge speed of my iPhone 5 charger which come with my phone.
I could not rate this product highly enough, it does so much more than what I was expecting and the price point is exceptional.
55 comments| 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 February 2014
Excellent clock / docking station.

I was worried it would be to big but it's actually very compact and holds my iphone 5s very securely to charge at night.

The speakers a pretty good aswell. Its super easy to set up . All you need to do is stick your iPod in it and it sets the time itself from it. And an important thing for me is that the clock face dosnt shine to bright and keeps my room dark.

Had around a month now with no problems
on 17 September 2013
Although this looks small, the sound quality is very good. It is a very good buy at an excellent price.
on 21 October 2015
Read the reviews so knew what to expect. Sound quality not great but as good as the alarm clock/radio it replaced. Don't buy this if you want a speaker dock with great sound quality. That said it does everything I want it to and expected of it. Controls a bit fiddly to get used to but once you get the hang of it it's fine.

Has some great features, such as the clock sets its own time by syncing with my Phone. Battery backup allows for temporary loss of power without losing settings, although this only seems to apply to the alarm settings and not the radio presets. Dual alarm useful f your partner needs to get up at a different time to you, or you work split shifts. Might be an issue with some more bulky phone cases. I have to remove mine which is not a problem for me.

Had some issues with using the iPhone music to wake me up (no sound) so just use the radio now, but that could be me. In my experience, these third party docks sometimes have issues when Apple update the IOS. Something I'll keep an eye on with this model.
on 21 July 2016
Excellent Dock, Brilliant sound quality and my iPhone 6s fits nicely so I know every morning my mobile will be fully charged and ready for the new day. Love the size as it doesn't take up much room and its not to bright so doesn't disturb my sleep. Great little Docking Alarm and Radio with good quality sound. Really pleased with this purchase.
on 5 July 2013
If you had been sitting next to me last friday, you would have seen me opening the package of my new KitSound XDOCK Clock Radio Dock for my iPhone 5. I was positively surprised when I hold the speakers in my hands. Great alarm clock, easy to set and use and would recommend it to anyone who has trouble in getting up in the morning. It is highly portable and is great for hearing all the music of your iPod/iPhone. Excellent sound quality and volume level is perfectly adjusted. Great little device, which is quite handy for travelling. This is an excellent product with a good FM radio. The buttons are very easy to press and the docking port delivers good secure fit. Given the money that I've spent in docking stations I can say this is the choice for everyone who want to receive more value for their money.

Overall a great clock radio dock in a smart matt black finish with an amazing sound punch.

If anyone's reading this because they can't decide on a clock radio docking station to get, just get this one. You won't be disappointed.
on 6 June 2016
I'm so disappointed with this clock. It looks really smart especially as it's bright pink but there are some fundamental flaws in the design. I have an iPhone six and it has a snap on the back cover which has to be removed before I can dock my phone on the pin. The main problem is that the clock display automatically dims and you have no option to keep it bright. You can turn it up and down but either way it always defaults to being dim. This means that it isn't actually very clear from across the room but mainly at night you can hardly see it. Furthermore unless you catch it at the right angle you can't even see it at all My bedside table is perhaps a little higher than the normal height of a bedside table but really not that much more and when I am lying down in bed and I looked at the clock I can't see the numbers at all it's only when I raise my head that I can which isn't something I don't particularly want to do every time. And lastly even though I followed all the instructions my alarm didn't actually go off this morning !