Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 7 December 2013
I cannot praise this highly enough! I enjoyed the live show so much I saw it twice and since the DVD arrived it has not been out of my player! Wonderfully funny & silly but in parts touching on a few tough subjects we can all relate to without depressing the audience with his brilliant story telling & scene setting then having the audience in stitches with the final sometimes unexpected punch line. - best stand up ever!
on 17 May 2017
A few very funny parts but also lost interest at times
on 2 April 2017
Alan Davies on top form.
on 20 February 2014
We went to see this show live when it was in Plymouth and still the DVD was still very funny
on 27 May 2016
Love Alan Davies stand up, well pretty much everything he does. Fast becoming a national treasure :) I wondered if it would be as good as Live at the lyric and Urban Trauma(which I wacth repeatedly)as like musicians I think money and comfort rather dulls the angst required to be edgy on stage. I was far from disapointed, clearly the BBC aren't paying him enough :P
on 8 January 2014
I bought this for my son we both watched it , Alan is at his best would reccomend it to everyone.
on 9 August 2016
Excellent show if you like Alan Davies then this will just make you love him even more. From start to finish he is on form and you will fine that this is one you can watch over quite a few times no problem.
on 31 March 2014
We rented this thinking it might be average and we had not seen him in stand up. However we were pleasantly surprised as it was very very good and it brought a tear to my eye on several occasions. Nice funny nostalgic references to the 80's and also the 'new' tecknology of today and Facebook and more. Highly recommended and well done to him for trying this again after so many years.
on 15 January 2014
I did wonder whether Alan would still cut it as a stand-up after years away. Well the pleasant answer is yes, this is certainly one of the better releases for the Christmas 2013 period. Only complaint would be quality of camerawork is a bit off in places, but that's hardly Alan's fault.
on 2 June 2016
First class performance. Alan Davies is definitely one of the few really outstanding comedians. There are many very good performers, but Alan is in a class above.