Customer reviews

on 5 February 2015
ok; not exactly a strong spray. Good for little jobs but difficult to clean.
on 8 September 2016
Works well on water based paint , used today to paint large coving and did a job properly . Couldn't apply oil based gloss even I've mixed it with white spirit .
on 7 August 2017
Goods are excellent would recommend to friends
on 10 July 2017
the spray adjustment knob and should be more precise with a finer thread/scale for repeatability purposes, also a plastic jug paint viscosity tester should be included. Difficult to use for fine finish!
on 12 June 2017
Real Bad Spray unit,
on 17 October 2014
I used to buy spray varnish and paints to finish my craft and DIY projects at up to £10 a can and they don't cover much.
With this I can easily control the the thickness of each coat of finish/paint, I've used water and oil based paints and varnish with top quality results every time. I would advise always doing a test spay on some scrap material to adjust the flow or the speed you move over the surface. With oil based products I've had to thin with about 5% white spirit but water based seems to work ok straight from the tin. Be ready to put multiple coats on your project to avoid the dimpling or runs you get if you try cover in one thick coat but because of the speed and ease of use this isn't a great problem. I recommend you use a primer especially on absorbent materials such as MDF.

As with any tool it's not a magic wand and is only as good as the person who's using it. Having said that it is very forgiving and with a little practice and adjustment even a none DIYer will get good results with very little mess (make sure you mask around your project but there isn't much over spray). It's easy to clean especially if you use water based products and I've found that if I'm leaving coats to dry overnight I can just put a plastic bag over the spray gun and take it off the next day and away I go. With practice I'm now producing furniture that looks like it's professionally sprayed.
I get great coverage so compared to the aerosols the savings have paid for the spray system already. I would also recommend getting the system with the separate gun and air unit (W610), I got mine on offer for just over £50 but if it ever stopped working I'd happily pay more to replace it.
on 30 August 2013
This is a brilliant piece of kit. I repainted 14 fence panels 5-10 minutes each using good quality (not diluted for sprays) fence paint.
Infinitely better than other sprays I've used in the past which were messy and clogged constantly.
I highly recommend it.
on 9 July 2014
Started using Sat lunchtime and at first it was brilliant. But by Sunday it was clogging up regularly and eventually wouldn't even flush water through. Was using watered down emulsion and was flushing/stripping down and cleaning far more often than the 4 hr max usage recommended in the handbook. Trouble is you can't get to the inner workings where I suspect the problem lay and merely emptying the container and spraying through fresh water wasn't enough to stop the paint building up inside and blocking it up. It was a hot day as well, so maybe the sun baked it and dried up the paint inside the workings? Less likely to do that with fence spray I'd imagine. Shame.
Amazon great about refunding though.
Bought this spray gun at a lightning deal price of around and am very glad I did.

Wagner is renound for producing great spray guns and the W610 is no exception. This is a high quality budget spray "system" (as the compressor is included) that is so easy to use and maintain.

The HVLP (High Volume Low Pressure) system works great for priming any type of surface and also works great for applying finish on wood.

It is very well suited for odd jobs around the house, garden or any other place where it would be impracticable to carry a large compressor. I often use it on my old boat at the yard. However I have used it on walls too, obtaining awesome results.

The W610 is very easy to clean, also thanks to today's water based sprays. I did find that I could use normal paints also, without even thinning them. So this gun will handle normal wood paints and varnishes with ease.

I really like this little spray system, and would highly recommend it to anyone into DIY
on 18 May 2016
NO viscosity cup comes with this product making it very difficult to work out how much to dilute your paint. Plus with only viscosity and paint flow controllable its time consuming to get set up to paint. so far i am not happy with the finish so i have ordered the Brilliant head accessory as its supposed to give a better finish and it comes with a viscosity cup.