on 17 October 2014
I used to buy spray varnish and paints to finish my craft and DIY projects at up to £10 a can and they don't cover much.
With this I can easily control the the thickness of each coat of finish/paint, I've used water and oil based paints and varnish with top quality results every time. I would advise always doing a test spay on some scrap material to adjust the flow or the speed you move over the surface. With oil based products I've had to thin with about 5% white spirit but water based seems to work ok straight from the tin. Be ready to put multiple coats on your project to avoid the dimpling or runs you get if you try cover in one thick coat but because of the speed and ease of use this isn't a great problem. I recommend you use a primer especially on absorbent materials such as MDF.

As with any tool it's not a magic wand and is only as good as the person who's using it. Having said that it is very forgiving and with a little practice and adjustment even a none DIYer will get good results with very little mess (make sure you mask around your project but there isn't much over spray). It's easy to clean especially if you use water based products and I've found that if I'm leaving coats to dry overnight I can just put a plastic bag over the spray gun and take it off the next day and away I go. With practice I'm now producing furniture that looks like it's professionally sprayed.
I get great coverage so compared to the aerosols the savings have paid for the spray system already. I would also recommend getting the system with the separate gun and air unit (W610), I got mine on offer for just over £50 but if it ever stopped working I'd happily pay more to replace it.
on 30 August 2013
This is a brilliant piece of kit. I repainted 14 fence panels 5-10 minutes each using good quality (not diluted for sprays) fence paint.
Infinitely better than other sprays I've used in the past which were messy and clogged constantly.
I highly recommend it.
Bought this spray gun at a lightning deal price of around and am very glad I did.

Wagner is renound for producing great spray guns and the W610 is no exception. This is a high quality budget spray "system" (as the compressor is included) that is so easy to use and maintain.

The HVLP (High Volume Low Pressure) system works great for priming any type of surface and also works great for applying finish on wood.

It is very well suited for odd jobs around the house, garden or any other place where it would be impracticable to carry a large compressor. I often use it on my old boat at the yard. However I have used it on walls too, obtaining awesome results.

The W610 is very easy to clean, also thanks to today's water based sprays. I did find that I could use normal paints also, without even thinning them. So this gun will handle normal wood paints and varnishes with ease.

I really like this little spray system, and would highly recommend it to anyone into DIY
on 24 September 2015
It was so good did my fence in 3hours which it always take me all day to do by hand excellent
on 17 July 2014
Has saveed me countless hours on a ceiling rose and architrave. For fiddly work, this is exactly the right tool - don't think I would be persuaded to use on walls, as quicker with a roller.
on 24 May 2015
Bought this on a Black Friday deal last year to make the biannual fence painting hopefully a little easier. Used for the first time today and within an hour had sprayed a quarter of the outside woodwork. This would have take four or five hours previously (or longer). It worked great. Took a while to get the flow rate right but that's part of the setup. All in, using this to apply a clear wood preserver worked brilliantly. I'm hoping it will be easy to maintain and the unit lasts but at this point it's turned a mare of a job into a fun one.
on 19 April 2014
I used Ronseal fence treatment and this "Spray System" worked for 2 minutes - after that nothing came out. An hour later I was fed up wasting time and got my brush out and finished the 99.9% of the fencing still outstanding. I could either then waste more time cleaning it out or bin it. I couldn't justify wasting more time so reluctantly went for the latter option.

Good job I bought it cheap from Amazon in one of their 'crash' sales or I would have been more concerned. Probably clogged somewhere but couldn't see where and flushing it out hadn't worked. I needed to get on and do the job - the brush was slower but at least it was reliable!

Waste of time and money. Never again!
44 Comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 February 2015
ok; not exactly a strong spray. Good for little jobs but difficult to clean.
on 16 July 2014
it okay,

waste a lot of paint , create a lot of mess. so be prepared to cover up!

spray painted the fence and had go over it with a brush as too much paint was applied. I did play around with the setting which made no difference it the output of the paint.
on 9 December 2013
This was a great bargain in the "Black Friday" deals and it's a great product. Previous sprayers I tried would not handle gloopy fence preservatives but this made no problems at all. Dead easy to assemble and use and I sprayed a dozen large fence panels in much less than an hour. One teensy quibble, which does not merit loss of a star, is that the paint container is very small and you end up refilling it every other minute. Well pleased with this gadget.