on 3 February 2014
Using a mouse left-handed is a curse if you want a good mouse with additional buttons.

The vast majority of gaming mice are orientated for right handed use and the additional mouse buttons tend to be on the left hand side.

This ambidextrous design with top-mounted buttons makes it perfect for with with either hand and the buttons are easily accessible. The mouse has good software included and three settings for the configurable buttons making it adaptable for different tasks - browsing, gaming, work etc.

Adaptable and comfortable !
on 25 May 2014
Seriously limited to my selection of a new mouse due to the pathetic amount of left handed and even ambidextrous mice (surely there is a gap in the market here) I read the reviews and settled for this G300. It is comfortable after getting used to the thickness, but the extra buttons (which is why I purchased it) are too inaccessible to be usable. You have to take your index finger off the right click (this is for a left hander) to be able to click any of the side buttons. Such a shame my intellimouse side button packed in (after 15 years) as these buttons were place under your thumb making using them a natural process and not something I had to plan whilst deep in a firefight. smooth scrolling but then I already had that in my 2 button mouse. In summary - Extra buttons to fiddly to use easily.
on 17 February 2014
This gaming mouse is a tad smaller than most gaming mouse's so it may not suit the larger hand.

Ideal for most people though.

Works straight out of the box on my Windows 7 system although I have since downloaded the Logitech programming software from their website.

Very smooth although the click is a little more noticeable; not that I find that a problem.

Three pre-set profiles. RED= MMO, GREEN= FPS, BLUE= Productivity (general day-to-day use).

All of these profiles can be modified to your own preferences using the downloaded gaming programme.

UPDATE: Scroll wheel keeps stopping whilst scrolling. I have installed the Logitech control software but the settings make no difference. Very annoying.
on 4 October 2013
I've always liked Logitech Mice and this one fits nicely in the gap between my basic M505 & the top gaming mouse, my G700. It fits nicely in the hand and is a smooth mover. The 5 programmable extra buttons allow me the ability to play games almost as well on my second computer without having to swop over my G700 from my gaming rig. I would recommend this mouse to anyone who doesnt want to shell-out a fortune but still wants an edge when it comes to gaming. I would award 5 stars to a wireless version.
on 25 October 2014
As a left-hander, a decent gaming mouse is hard to come by. I'd love something like one of the really top-quality Logitech gaming mice but shaped for left handed use. However, I simply haven't found one that meets my needs.

This "ambidextrous" one does the job. It's good, has good resolution and I find it very usable for gaming and for general use. I really like the config options provided via the software. The shoulder buttons are a little small and out of the way, but not too bad.

So, I would recommend this mouse but, personally, I'd rather have a higher spec mouse in a left-hand shape.
on 26 March 2014
Best mouse I have ever has. I am left-handed and I am unable to use my right hand comfortably. The mode switch key allows for 24 different keys, ideal for someone who has trouble using their hands/fingers and ideal for LEFTIES!
on 27 July 2014
After plugging it in I immediately liked it more than my old Cyborg, which I had to replace due to the left click switch breaking. My only complaint is that the mouse wheel is a bit loud, it sounds a bit like a cat purring. I haven't installed the software yet so I don't know if the DPI can be customised (I assume it can be), but the default DPI settings go from "A tad slow/floaty" to "woah, way too much".

Either way it seems to be a pretty good mouse, I just need to test it out with some games.

Update: About a year after I got it, the left click started to play up. I took it apart and temporarily fixed it, but it comes and goes. I do quite a bit of PC Gaming, but I'm lowering it down to 3 stars. I expected better from Logitech.
on 7 November 2015
Nice feel and motion, several extra function buttons are handy. My only gripe is that the middle mouse (wheel) button is very stiff to click and difficult to do accurately, so don't buy this if you are specifically after a three button mouse.
on 7 August 2014
I was hesitant on purchasing this. However I just took the gamble and hit buy.

Im a left hander and previously used a M230 (something similar) and wasnt sure on the design of this. First I would like to say its GREAT FOR LEFT HANDED users. The buttons on the left and right buttons are great and dont get in the way. The colours are nice, not too bright and it works well and glides well.

I use it on the Blue "Productivity" setting and this is great for everything from WarThunder to programming, Homework or modelling.

Defiantly worth that £29!

If you're reading this and are still unsure just buy it. (It does require a very lax grip and your palm to be close to the rear of the mouse always its a pain and the bottom of the design kinda cuts into your hand. But if held right it feels great).
on 23 September 2015
Takes some getting used to, but a good overall mouse.

Total of 6 extra buttons that can be programmed to do as you wish. But does need a software download to do so.

Works great with my G 13 and G15.

See one answered question