on 10 September 2014
I got this for ps4 as i had an old model of turtle beaches for ps3, but they do not work with the new console. There were very few comments regarding functionality on PS4 but i can confirm it works well and very easily. Literally plug the USB dongle in and the PS4 picks it up, from there you are just a couple of changes to audio settings to being properly set up.

Pros:
- Totally wireless
- Can charge and use
- Charging made easier by a retractable style usb charger, must go up to about 6ft+ easy
- Mic looks weak and nimble, however it is made of a rubbery material that allows you to bend it into position easily, and also means it shouldnt snap straight away if its dropped or sat on or something (don't hold me to it!)
- Incredibly easy to set up, literally unboxed, plugged in and was working within 60 seconds.
- Very snug fit. Can change angle of almost everything to suit your head. And fits perfectly over my ears.
- Good at keeping sound in/out. When using them, my Mum sat next to me could not here the audio, and luckily I couldn't hear her either!

Cons:
- The buttons on the headset do not work with PS4, this includes the volume scroller.
- I think partly as a result of this, volume is not quite as loud as i would hope. I can still hear everything though, its just not as loud as it could be.
- The headset overall does feel quite tender. I wouldnt want to put too much stress on certain areas, however it does feel like quality material, it is just lightweight.

The reason I have given only 4 stars is because i am not a serious gamer. I don't use it religiously and I just wanted something that is of good quality, wireless with a mic. So i could live without it, its just a nice extra to have. Serious gamers will probably buy a more expensive headset anyway.

But please remember that I only used this on PS4, and not a laptop or computer, so I can't speak for both. And i only did this to help out potential PS4 buyers as there was nothing around when I bought the headset myself.
on 17 April 2016
Logitech G930 is one of the best budget-oriented wireless 7.1 surround gaming headset you can buy in 2016, and you will always run into great deals for it thanks to it's relative age and... well, problems and return rate. While the sound quality is amazing and you may even get used to its loose and sweat-inducing soundcaps prone to fall off if you for some reason lean back to cackle like a villain after defeating your opponent, what Logitech and its sellers online will never tell you is that this product is incredibly buggy, both in software and hardware aspect, and what you are essentially buying yourself a problem generator that will effectively wipe out all your product loyalty in Logitech.

Below is just a sample of problems and solutions that have been personally experienced, and solutions are proven to work on Windows 10 64-bit. It should give you a good look at what you're getting into, and also help you not rush into return policy for this particular headset.

Problem #1. The headset is constantly turning off. I turn it on, it stays maybe 5 seconds, then turns off.

Solution: Kill the Logitech Gaming Software. Go to your headset internal settings folder, usually C:\Program Files\Logitech Gaming Software\Resources\G930\Manifest . Copy the Device_Manifest to a new location since we're about to edit it, and you cannot directly edit files into Program Files folder. Open it with Wordpad, since Notepad will break the line format. Search for: turnOffInterval="900". Change value of 900 to 0. Save, and then copy the file back to its original directory in Program Files, you will need Administrator Rights to do this. Restart. Cross your fingers. If this doesn't solve your problems, use the solution to Problem #2.

Problem #2: The headset suddenly generates static buzzing sound. Nothing helps to stop it - PC restarts, headset turned on and off. At some point, the headset also starts turning off immediately upon turning on.

Solution: You may have connected the dongle to USB 3.0. If so, move to USB 2.0 port, this is a known issue. Then, uninstall drivers in Device Manager. Search online for Logitech Gaming Software 8.410, you can download at: ftp://ftp.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/gaming/lgs840_x64.exe . Restart. This should allow the headset to connect and remove the static buzzing sound, but it also may introduce Problem #3.

Note: Downgrading to 8.410 also gives you access to a feature that was removed from later version, Voice Morphing. It was removed when the contract between Logitech and Spelling Bee expired. But by downgrading, you may still use the feature however with only the default choice of voices.

Problem #3. The headset only generates 2.0 Sound. I can hear only left and right channel via Surround Test in Logitech Gaming Software.

Solution: Uninstall drivers in Device Manager. Open the Logitech audio driver folder, usually located at C:\Program Files\Logitech Gaming Software\Drivers\USBAudio . Right click on LGSH_USB.setup file and choose Install. Restart. Logitech Gaming Software should now let you hear proper 7.1 sound. If not, repeat until it does. This is known to have a random rate of failure.

Problem #4. Logitech Gaming Software claims my headset is about to die, but I have been using it wired and charging all the time.

Solution: Don't sweat it. It is a known issue the battery calibration goes haywire after downgrading to 8.410. Also, Logitech G930 does not charge while it is turned on, even if connected to USB. To charge, make sure it is turned off. It also helps to use a third party Micro USB cable rather than the supplied dongle dock.

Problem #5. I turned on my PC and my Logitech G930 doesn't play at all.

Solution: Go to Device Manager or right click on the Volume, choose Playback Devices, and then disable and enable the Logitech 930 device. It should play now.

Problem #6. Logitech G930 doesn't charge anymore. I connect it via USB but the charging orange light never shows up.

Solution: Swear like a pirate, whine on Logitech forums, promise to never buy Logitech products ever again, and return your headset to Amazon. Welcome to the club. The issue is that a sizable batch of this product have charging port problems. Evidence: [...]
on 7 January 2016
Before you purchase this product, it is highly recommended that you pick up a 2.4GHz frequency analysis tool so you can assess how much crosstalk there is going to be in channels 1, 6 and 11.

The headset overall is fairly good (barring the 15-17 minute disconnect intervals if the Logitech software is installed) with a decent construction and good audio reproduction. Ultimately it is the software and the communications that very badly let this headset down.

The software related issue (15-17 minute interval disconnects) can be fixed by editing a configuration file located in \Program Files\Logitech Gaming Software\Resources\G930\Manifest\Device_Manifest.xml and looking for the line
<battery turnOffInterval="3600" lowBattTime="3600" pollInterval="120" lowBattInformInterval="900">
then change turnOffInterval from 3600 to 0 and it will not go into standby mode every 15-17 minutes.

The communications issue is simply the fact that it only operates on 3 major channels in the 2.4GHz frequency and is *very* susceptible to the lightest of interference. Obviously the product datasheet claims that it is super solid and it probably was when the product was initially released in 2010 (yes this product is now almost 6 years old) but this was way before every household had a pre-shipped ISP WiFi Modem/Router that was configured to sit in one of the three aforementioned channels.

TL;DR - check the 2.4GHz frequency in the area where you will be using the product first, if channels 1, 6 and 11 are congested then I would recommend looking for alternative headsets - specifically ones where you can define the channel it will use and/or can use the 5GHz frequency.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've been using these for just over a month, and they really are very impressive gaming headphones.

Set up is straight forward. The charging hub plugs into your pc's usb port and the wireless transmitter (which looks like a flash drive) plugs into the top of the charging hub.

The headphones look and feel robust and well constructed, the memory foam in the headband makes them extremely comfortable to wear over prolonged periods. Logitech give them a 40 feet range, but I managed to get nearer 60 feet when listening to music through them. Where these headphones stand out is on the sound quality. The 7.1i surround is stunning. I played a session of Battlefield and the effect was incredible, giving a feeling of total 360 degree surround sound. The mic can be easily muted by flipping it to an upright position.

In addition to being a a great set of gaming headphones the G930's are also a very competent set of audio headphones, perfectly suited to watching movies and listening to music through. The sound is full, warm and even on full volume was distortion free with the bass staying tight and punchy.

So to conclude. The G930's are at the higher end of the price range for gaming headphones, but you genuinely do get what you pay for on this occasion, and considering the sound quality is as good as wired headphones I have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone.
on 19 April 2016
Brought this headset after was recommended by my best friend.

Shipping was very quick, no complaints there. But the item itself wasn't great for me.

The headset started crackling when listing to music, even on low volume. It also use to cut off when talking to people on Skype and take a while to reconnect or turn back on.

I did get a refund for this headset as I personally wasn't happy bout it.
on 29 December 2015
This is the second set of these that I've owned. The first set I sent back as they were so uncomfortable, but in hindsight I believe this was because I used to wear glasses, and they used to bind on my head.

Now that I've had my eyes lasered and these came up on a lightning deal (£69 for anyone reading this with the headset at their normal price - amazing price!), I thought I'd try them again. And I'm glad I did.

In a nutshell:

These go loud without distorting. So loud that your ears will give up before the drivers do.

The sound is crisp and clear, but lacks depth. Is that a criticism? Not really, as these are designed for gaming not music, but the sound quality you get from these is nowhere near as good as a similarly priced pair of wired stereo headphones - just something to be aware of.

The headset clamps your head - they are very secure, and I can wear them for hours on end, but with glasses I found them unbearable after just 30 minutes. Again, something to be aware of.

The mic is good quality - you can hear others perfectly fine, and vice versa - it works well.

The wireless range is surprisingly good. Through a structural wall I can walk 30 feet away and still get a signal.

There is no charging dock, so you have to connect via micro USB to charge them; a dock would be much better, but you can't really complain at this price.

Overall, this is a quality headset which is perfect for gaming, if not critical listening. Recommended.
on 4 February 2014
Absolutely worth the price range on this headset.

The ear cups are generously large and fully fit over my ears, which I have had issues with over-ear headsets in the past. The padding is comfortable and the lack of cable means you can quite easily forget they are there at times.

Battery life is excellent and goes for hours. You get a discreet yet noticeable audio and visual alert on low battery, and the very lengthy usb cable provided can be plugged in to allow you to keep playing whilst it's charging. The cable comes on a nice spool that doubles as a one-port usb hub for the wireless dongle, so you only need one usb port in total.

The mic arm has a degree of left-right movement but it's very good at picking up voices even when it feels a little far from your mouth.

Massive thumbs up, absolutely love it.
on 27 February 2014
I bought the G930 back in September after quite a bit of research into wireless headsets for gaming. It seemed to fit my needs perfectly being wireless, reputable manufacturer, USB and apparent great sound quality.

The first thing that astounded me was the range on the device, I can be downstairs and still chat on Skype/listen to music. There is interference as you would expect with things like cordless phones and microwaves, but that's neither here nor there.

The sound quality is really good, along with the microphone and it's comfortable as hell for long gaming sessions.

I did however (and continue to have) issues with the connection dropping out between the headset and the transmitter. Normally it's only for 5 or so seconds every hour or 2, but it does get very annoying. I've tried reinstalling and removing any kind of interference, but it continues.

Another area I have been disappointed with was the build quality, at first look it seems well built, but after 5 months of (careful) use the twist connection between the earbud and the headband has broken away, along with cracking on the plastic that holds the earbud, leaving it hard to continue using.

I'm going to speak to Logitech to see if there's anything they can do, hopefully they won't put it down to wear and tear.
on 15 February 2016
Logitech Gaming Software will not work for certain people, I am running a gaming rig on windows 8.1 and it will not start meaning i have no control on the software and hardware side of things like the G buttons. Tons of people on the official forum have the same issue. The headphones will sometime work and sometime cut off, I have changed the xml file and it still does what it likes, I have to restart my pc a few times just to get it to work, once working as long as you dont hold the power button down to turn it off you will be ok, if you do you will have to restart your pc again as it will not output sound. Battery is ok, ill have to charge it every other day.
Feel a bit on the cheap side in terms of build quality.
Sound quality and distance is very good I can talk and listen while i walk around my house.
on 31 December 2015
When I first got these headphones they constantly disconnected. They sounded absolutely awesome for games, but didn't sound as good as my pro headphones for audio. however thats not what they are meant for.

Here is the good news mine used to disconnect every ten mins. it was annoying but I fixed it by doing the following:

1) Manifest fix
2) Usb power fix
3) Switched 2.4ghz wireless in router to channel 6 not 11
4) Then what I suspect the real fix is moved the transmitter away from my pc powersupply AND my router. FIXED.

They are great headphones that without going to stealseries sound awesome.

All the fixes above are well documented don't do the one where you take the dongle to bits (its not required)