on 16 September 2016
Incredible value at the price paid (£15.00). Normally for the price you would barely get a single season, if that, of most series. Here you get all of seasons 1 through 5, that is 76 episodes with extras on 23 discs. Total run time of 54 hous and 30 minutes and all in a large well made plastic book style box with the discs held on hinged "pages". No supporting literature of any kind giving any breakdown of epsiodes atec, but at about 70p a disc it is still a bargain. Great series if you haven't discovered it yet. Made 10 years ago, good cast, script, production values, it passed me by until I caught it by chance on Freeview channel 11 Pick.
3 people found this helpful
on 28 March 2018
I came across this quirky series on Pick TV and bought the box set because it was cheap and the Amazon reviews were good. It is definitely worth it. Not quite up there with the best of the 'weird-town' genre (Buffy, Gilmore Girls, for instance) but a great example of its kind. Eureka is weird because it is full of technological geniuses. Sherriff Jack Carter manages to avoid disasters every episode, more or less single-handedly, with laid-back charm and witty one-liners. Lots of entertaining characters and hints at an ongoing underlying plot holding the episodic stories together. We've only watched about eight episodes so far but we're really enjoying it. Comedy-drama with sci-fi/superhero/geek-drama thrown in.
on 1 September 2017
*Awesome!* Loved finding the whole show in one box set and the price - unbeatable. Though most TV Shows and Movies these days are via things like Amazon Prime, Netflix, etc. - I don't mind. Plus it's cheaper to buy this than the whole show via the aforementioned services (Where they charge per episode it works out to be FAR more expensive). My husband and I never got to see the first season/series. So this was great! It's not a bulky set (ok it is BIG considering how many episodes it has in there! ITS A LOT) but I've seen FAR worse - insofar as 'bulk on the dvd shelves' - great buy, great value, AWESOME show - hate that they ended this :/ (But love that we have the box set now!)
on 29 March 2014
After viewing a couple of shows on television, I decided to buy the season 1 to 5 box, and now I'm hooked. By the way, one X-mas episode can be found under "bonus" of season 4. Super sympathetic characters, crazy town, original stories and unexpected plots. A US marshal is kind of "lured" into the position of sheriff of a town called Eureka and manages to do his duties among BIG alter ego's and IQ's 150+. This may sound familiar but the show is so original, it is great fun to watch.
6 people found this helpful
on 9 April 2014
A Town Called Eureka, if you haven't seen it, is a brilliant series of scientific mishaps and adventures that always seems to be solved with common sense by the town sheriff. The gizmos, gadgetry, and special effects are really cool not to mention the characters, plots and scripts. I absolutely love this series and totally thrilled I now have the entire series in one giant DVD compendium. Oh and it arrived quickly, excellent value, well packaged, no complaints.
4 people found this helpful
on 27 January 2017
Loved the TV Series although didn't get to see all the episodes, so I bought the box set. Eureka is a town where anything can happen, (& does on a frequent basis!), with Carter saving the day, but the episodes are great fun, whacky and all credit to the writers an creators... I am hooked!
One person found this helpful
on 17 June 2014
This show is one of my favorites.

It's an enjoyable quirky science based comedy, set in the fictional town of Eureka. If you like Warehouse 13, then you will most likely like this too as they are by the same creators and there is some overlap in the stories.

On a technical side, there's nothing wrong with this box set.
5 people found this helpful
on 28 March 2016
It's annoying that this series doesn't have subtitle options, I'm not particularly hard of hearing, but accents and background music and sound effects can cover up a lot. I prefer to have them on.
2 people found this helpful
on 18 July 2016
Hilarious, delightful and smart... "Eureka" may have the gumption to become the best sci-fi show since the late lamented “Farscape.” Good actors, original script. What's not to like?
One person found this helpful
on 30 May 2015
I'd never seen this show before, bought it on impulse after reading the reviews.
Its taken me 5 weeks to watch all 76 episodes of sheer brilliance. A good mix of comedy, drama, and Sci fi. A must have boxset.
2 people found this helpful