Format: Audio CD|Change

on 15 October 2013
My daughter went to see these flibbertigibbets at a gig last year. I didn't know or care what or who she was going on about. Then recently, trapped in the car on a long journey to my other daughters uni I had no choice but to listen. Purchased via the Amazon app on my phone by the end of the day. Now on constant repeat. LOVE. p.s I'm 51 and a half and probably should be listening to something more age appropriate. Sorry if this puts you off!
1010 comments| 76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 25 November 2015
One of the best debut albums of house/garage/awesome tracks by a group ever recorded surely - it rocks from start to finish with no filler or tracks that you want to skip. Just repurchased as a gift after falling in love with it last year. So many amazing tracks, it's impossible not to love it if you're into garage/house/dance music that has soul and depth as well as incredible tunes and bass.

Much more than just dance music with some random vocals thrown on top, these are proper, well written songs as well - some of the songs have a really beautiful edge to them, too - 'F For You' and 'Help Me Lose My Mind' being two of my favourites, the latter featuring an amazing vocal from London Grammar (get their debut album too which is equally as incredible but a lot more chilled).

I noticed when purchasing this that on Amazon Prime at the moment you can get an incredible special edition featuring 37 tracks in total with loads of remixes and extra tracks, which is pretty amazing!
on 3 June 2013
This year has seen a welcome injection of credible dance music penetrating the charts, with recent hits from the likes of Duke Dumont, Rudimental, and of course Disclosure. Eschewing the tiresome dubstep trend, the duo instead bring a fresh approach to deep house and garage. This works best on the jittery funk of Voices, the synth-laced stomp of Latch, and of course the pandemically contagious White Noise, which was a massive top ten hit earlier this year. With Settle, Disclosure have succeeded admirably in making a shimmering, poppy record that never fails to stay true to its electronic roots.
on 9 November 2013
This is some of the best and boldest music I've heard in a long long time.

Back in the mid nineties, when these lads were barely out of nappies, I was hitting clubland every weekend - and arguably at its peak, during the early age of the "superclub" (just before they got too pretentious and commercial). If you remember (and went to) clubs like Hard Times, or frequented the back room at Cream, this will take you right back to those glorious years; the days when UK garage and strong US House seemed to be in some kind of an alliance. Think along the lines of Todd Terry, Frankie Knuckles, Roger Sanchez, Dave Morales... this is immediately up there with some of those legendary names.

It packs a punch but is beautifully soulful. Deep, tasty bass and yet relentlessly catchy vibes - this is bound to appeal to people traditionally way outside the bounds of the genre.

I just wish I could be listening to it from a dancefloor...
on 13 November 2013
If you like dance music, you'll love this! That said, it's not your average album full of beats and bass. I actually listen to this quite a lot when I'm studying. It's got quite a chilled feel to it - but you could still stick it on when you're having a few drinks before hitting the club at the weekends. I listen to a lot of Groove Armada, Daft Punk, Basement Jaxx and Justice, and these guys are nestled right up there with the rest. A great album!
Settle is the inaugural album by the British electronic music duo Disclosure; the album includes previously released singles "Latch", "White Noise" and "You & Me". The deluxe edition of the album contains four bonus tracks including Disclosure's remix of Jessie Ware's song "Running". The album debuted at number one on the UK Albums Chart. It has also earned pervasive critical praise by NME, Digital Spy and Billlboard - to name but a few.
on 5 June 2013
Where to start..... well I brought the Deluxe version, it was only a little more and you get 4 extra tracks. I particularly like these 4 tracks so bit of a bonus! If you need to burn this to CD, be aware the full 18 tracks are too long for the 80min CD, choose a track you don't like or just leave off the 'Intro' track (1min long). The album is a mix of tracks that are of differing styles and is packed with 'feat' artists which provide the variations. At first I thought this would be difficult to get into but somehow the tracks 'meld' together and after a few playthroughs I'm hooked! Yes there are some tracks I like better than others but unlike many other albums my finger has avoided the 'Skip' button. To me there appears to be some underlying 80's soul/dance in here but it sounds new and fresh. If you're looking for something new buy it.
on 25 May 2014
Well, I'm a convert. Let me firstly state that this is an absolutely brilliant pop / house / garage LP from two extraordinarily talented brothers. Having said that, I only got into their music through osmosis. Zane Lowe's constant championing of the band allowed me to hear their glossy, shiny singles (i.e. the more commercial stuff) while cooking / cleaning in the evenings. I bought the album not exactly knowing what to expect, but it didn't - and still doesn't - let me down in any way. I can happily listen to it from start to finish and not skip a track. It's quite simple - there aren't layers and layers of sounds - but it's effective and catchy and the Lawrence brothers not only know how to write a song, they also have impeccable taste in guest vocalists. This is a great debut, but what's really exciting is I get the sense they could be like the Chemical Brothers or Orbital and produce classic album after classic album. Here's hoping ...
on 4 February 2014
Father Christmas delivered this to my nine year old daughter at Christmas.

Since then it must have been played upwards of 1000 times.

Everyone in the household loves it, extremely talented artists. Sort of music you can listen to endlessly and never get bored.
on 19 May 2014
One of my top three albums of the year. There's a lot going on in every song, lots of little samples, all brought together wonderfully well. A great mixture of tempos, good to help you get through a day when things have become a bit slow. It's not too intense.