Format: Audio CD|Change

on 26 October 2015
I have would most would describe as an eclectic taste in music, but even this album is something I wouldn't normally listen to.

Coco and Robin aren't the best at what they do individually, but they sure as hell know how to make beautiful music together. The album just FEELS late 70's early 80's to me (I'm sure that's massively helped by some talented engineers and analogue equipment!) and just flows all the way through. It's quite a short album by todays standards, but I'm always a believer in quality rather and quantity. With the exception of Hey Love (and that's me being quite harsh!) it's a solid album that I can happily play through again and again - ending in the absolutely beautiful closer, Avalanche.

I'm really looking forward to the next album
Here's Something tasty for your Summer soundtrack. Quadron are a talented
LA-based duo : Robin Hannibal and Coco O. and they make a free-and-easy form
of soulful electro-pop which will appeal to twitching feet as well as lively minds.
There are some really cracking tunes here (ten of them in fact) dressed up in
crisp rhythmic arrangements and given lyrical sense and shape by Ms O. who
possesses a truly remarkable voice. The more I hear it, in fact, the more certain
I am that it's one of the finest new voices out there in the listening world.

It's a sleek and sensuous instrument which combines an affecting blend of
emotional warmth and innate raw power. She has an instinctive feel for a
limber jazzy line and isn't afraid of taking risks with some really delicious
throw-away decorations. She lays down some stunningly complex harmonies too.

There's no winner to pick in this set. It's all good. From the chirpy opening
groove of 'LFT'; through the mellow bluesy magic of 'Crush' and mysterious
late-night melancholy of 'Befriend'; to the loose-limbed soul of 'Sea Salt', it's
quality all the way and if I sound just a little bit in love with it it's because I am!

Highly Recommended.
on 21 February 2014
Music by great Danish duo. Only people with great and unique taste in music would enjoy this. It comes with free digital download.