Style Name: C930 E Webcam|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 29 April 2015
For anyone wondering exactly what is different between the C930e and the C920, here is the answer from Logitech today 29/4/15 (note particularly the comment that the C930e does not work with the Logitech Webcam software) :

The C920 and the C930e resemble each other. However, there are certain differences with the cameras:
- The C930e comes with an External Privacy Shutter
- The C920 offers a 78 degree field of view, while the C930e offers a 90 degree field of view.
- The C930e is classified as a business camera and therefore not designed to be used with the Logitech Webcam Software. Some of the features of this software will not work with the C930e.

C920 technical specifications:
- Full HD 1080p video calling (up to 1920 x 1080 pixels) with the latest version of Skype for Windows*
- 720p HD video calling (up to 1280 x 720 pixels) with supported clients
- Full HD video recording (up to 1920 x 1080 pixels) with a recommended system
- Logitech Fluid Crystal™ Technology
- H.264 video compression
- Carl Zeiss® lens with 20-step autofocus
- Built-in dual stereo mics with automatic noise reduction
- Automatic low-light correction
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0 certified (USB 3.0 ready)
- Tripod-ready universal clip fits laptops, LCD or CRT monitors
Logitech webcam software
- Pan, tilt, and zoom controls
- Video and photo capture
- Face tracking
- Motion detection

C930e Technical specifications:
- Full HD 1080p video calling (up to 1920 x 1080 pixels) 720p HD video calling (up to 1280 x 720 pixels) with supported clients
- H.264/SVC video compression
- Supports H.264 SVC 1080p, along with optimizations for best call performance in single or multiparty HD video
- 90 degree field of view
- Zoom to 4X in 1080p
- Rightlight™ 2 Technology for clear image in various lighting environments, even low light
- Optional light application for control of pan, tilt and zoom
- ZEISS® lens certification
- Autofocus
- External privacy shutter
- Built-in dual stereo mics
- Automatic low-light correction
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0 certified (USB 3.0 ready)
- Tripod-ready universal clip fits laptops, LCD or CRT monitors
66 comments| 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 April 2014
There is no doubt that the picture quality that you can get from this unit is very good, but it would be better if you had more control over the picture quality level.

I tested this in the office with Lync, and could see it was sending a nice HD video to the other party. The auto focus is fast - if you hold up A4 paper with writing on it, the other party can read it. Using NetMeter I could see it was uploading at around 450 KB/s.

At home on Skype, I called my family in Australia from London. On NetMeter I could see it was uploading at 850 KB/s or more. Unfortunately I think it overwhelmed their computer or perhaps internet connection since it froze a number of times for long periods. They said the picture was very clear though.

What I really need is a way of setting a maximum picture quality target - say 720p instead of 1080p. Or perhaps setting a maximum upload bandwidth, and letting it sort out the best quality it can do within that budget. Some of my family have satellite internet - data is very expensive. So it would be good to throttle the quality for them too.

So unfortunately I might have to revert back to my old Logtecht QuickCam Pro 9000.

I do like the privacy cover that comes with it though, once you clip it on, you just have to lift up the flap when you want to use the webcam.
on 30 July 2014
I have been using webcams (in anger) for the better part of five years, especially with my focus on telepresence robotics and video conferencing. And the 930e is the first upgrade from the QuickCam Pro 9000 that I am really crowing about.

Compared to the 9000, you have the 1080 and the greater viewing angle (all due to the fish-eye lens) and a much higher resolution and low light performance. When comparing the 910 directly with the 930e, the same resolution issues are evident - facial features are crisper, colors are more natural and the auto-focusing is incredibly useful.

And, the new mount works exceptionally well with a center mount where I place the 930e directly in front of the monitor to give better eye contact.

Is it worth the increased price? If you have a 9000 or C910, then I would say yes. But for those 920 folks out there - you will have to decide for yourselves.

And I have found the microphones excellent, but I use my own AT2020 mic for better audio pickup.
on 16 September 2015
Okay where do I even begin.
First of all I have been a logitech user for years, I only bought this webcam because my C920 broke.
Now, this may look similar to the C920 but its absolutely useless.

Yes the quality is decent, but the webcam never saves your settings, so every time you open it your exposure is set to auto which for some reason is nearly MAXED OUT, causing your webcam video to be almost pure white.

It also doesn't have ANY drivers or software, because it is apparently a "business" webcam, but, last time I checked, a business worker would use their webcam a LOT, so why wouldn't they need software?

Essentially, what I am trying to say is DO NOT BUY THIS WEBCAM, BUY THE C920, IT IS MUCH MUCH MUCH BETTER!
on 19 May 2014
Bought to sit atop a 42" TV for WebEx video calling on a bigger scale than "standard desktop" setup.
Picture quality is great, focuses well at 2-3 Metres (impressive stuff) and does just what we needed.
on 11 August 2014
It is really hard to say anything bad about the device itself. Yes of course, the sound quality is lacking but is more than enough for just average consumer use. The quality is amazing(when it works), design is beautiful and really stylish. BTW this review is written from a person who uses his webcam everyday(Youtuber and Streamer).

Logitech thought that if they put a "business" label on the box, it is going to discourage average customers to buy it, but it didn't. When I bought this camera, for the price I was expecting it to work out of the box(recording 1080p in 30fps with amazing field of view) but that was not the case. It turns out if you are a windows user then logitech says tough s**t because their webcam software is not compatible with this newest family member. Best quality you can squeeze out of that piece of crap is 720p in around 12fps... I spent around 8 hours the same day looking and installing different software which I could use to record the video feed with but all of them either didn't recognize the camera or I could not use its features to full extent(not 1080p, 30fps or no built in encoder). If you're a mac user on the other hand I read that you can use QuickTime and it works perfectly. I wasn't really feeling like paying for pro version or buying a license for Microsoft Lync which apparently would work perfectly. Customer service was nice and friendly but not helpful at the same time. It looks like they are just there to tell people nicely to get off the phone and stop trying. I only give this product 2 stars because for an average consumer it is not going to work, but when it does it a really amazing product. Well done Logitech!
on 20 June 2016
Absolutely dire. This camera costs the better part of £100 and as such ought to come packed with quality software and drivers that actually work. I paid a premium for this product because I wanted something that would be hassle-free. It couldn't have been further from the truth. I can't even get the settings (zoom level and suchlike) to save in-between reboots! Logitech's answer: It's a business camera so they don't support that feature. HA HA HA!

Before you buy it, do a quick Google search and you'll see all sorts of complaints relating to the dreadful drivers they supply with this thing.

Furthermore, Logitech tech support might as well not exist, in my opinion. Frankly I'd get as much useful help by asking a brick wall. Again, have a Google search - you'll see lots of "answers" where they say they'll "refer it to a product specialist" and then that's the end of the thread.

It's a shame, because the hardware itself seems good. But the drivers are absolutely freaking ghastly! So, so bad that this thing just HAS to go back. I don't mind a bit of fiddling and a few workarounds, but this thing basically lacks some really really basic functionality and if I'd know that I would have gone for a different one instead. I'm not even sure I can replace it with another Logitech now, which is a shame. The hardware is great, but the software is just so mind-blowingly bad that I now need to find a different brand. I know they "suck" somewhat, but I have a feeling I'll be going back to the Microsoft Lifecams again.
on 1 June 2015
Very good video definition while close to the camera, anything further than 2m will not be completely focused. Forget about having a clear view of any poster/sign in the background!

If you use glasses, you may want to change autofocus and set it manually, as it tries to re-focus almost every minute, showing a blurry image when doing so.

Every setting that you change (zoom, move image right/left, focus...) will reset everytime you reboot Windows, or at least I haven't found a way to preserve those settings!
on 18 April 2015
I have an iMac with a 720p webcam, but I wanted to use 1080p and have a webcam that I could move around the desk.

The Logitech c930e is the best option:
— The image quality is what it advertises and the software to change the settings of the camera is really easy and intuitive.
— A major detail about the Logitech c930e is that you only need to plug it and it's done.
— The camera also have a screw hole for the tripod, which gives an almost profissional feeling to it.

There are two details I hope they improve in future versions, but none of them lower the high quality of the Logitech c930e:
— Adding the option to unplug the usb cable from the camera.
— Bigger plastic support in the place it fit the border of the screen so it stays in place and completely cover the Facetime camera of the iMac.
on 4 January 2016
Finally found a working camera with Mac mini 2015 OSX 10.10. Though it's pretty expensive for a home user. I've noticed some flickering with some LED lights but it's probably due to cheap bulbs my parents bought.