1,177
Size: 14-Inch|Colour Name: Black|Change

on 30 November 2014
Although this is the first time that I have ever bought and used a Laptop Sleeve I opted for AmazonBasics due to my exceedingly positive experience with this line of products in the past and this is no exception.

The sleeve in no way feels cheap and has a simple design of pure black with a "Amazon Basics" logo left-hand corner; as I am sure you can see from the image. The sleeve feels quite thick and does not leave me feeling concerned when I shove it in my backpack after class with my laptop inside. I had been using my laptop unprotected previously and noticed it was taking a good amount of denting and scraping around the sides as it bashed into things in my backpack but this has since completely ceased when using this product. While I doubt it would provide complete impact protection it certainly does it's bit to reduce the occasional bump and bang.

Being black in colour it does tend to get slightly dirty (mostly fixable by a quick dust down) however, I am sure it would hold up being thrown in the washing machine on a low heat - washing instructions however, are not included on the tag inside the product.

Overall, this does exactly what a foam laptop/ tablet sleeve should do. It protects from scratches and scrapes as well as providing a cushion for bumps and bangs. All while being inexpensive.
I bought this to house an 8” tablet and as expected it fits my tablet perfectly.

I have found myself making lots of Amazon Basics purchases since my first ever purchase from this brand. I find the quality is what I am wanting, the packaging is frustration free and the price is generally low and a lot more competitive than similar products on the market, without compromising on quality. I’ve always thought it daft to pay more than I need to, so this is why I came directly to Amazon Basics to buy my tablet sleeve.

I am a stickler for zips for some reason, I hate cheap and badly made zips or zip pulls. That seems to be an area of concern with cheaper products, but no issue with that here. The rubberised zip pull is excellent quality and the zip is also of the same standard. I even quite like the brands logo on this case, it breaks up the monotony of the black.

I am quietly confident that this sleeve will protect my tablet from bumps and scratches, keeping its screen safe and scratch free. I like to carry my tablet or iPad (fits the iPad mini too!) in my tote or other bags/backpacks so I do need to know its safe when in transit. The case appears to offer excellent padding and protection and the slim design and good quality zip makes it a winner for me.

Highly Recommended!!
Size: 10-Inches|Colour Name: Black|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I will put aside my belief that companies selling devices for hundreds of pounds should include a basic cover/case and charger with the device, as that is a separate issue (and bugbear). Given that in most cases, you need to buy a case for your devices, I feel that this Amazon Basics neoprene sleeve is excellent value at just under £6.

I use the sleeve for my Kindle HD 9"er, which is already shod with a case. The encased Kindle fits snugly in the sleeve with space for a pair of earbuds.

What I like best about the sleeve is that the neoprene is quite thick, has a chunky and strong-looking zipper and some webbing material on the sides for additional strength.

The sleeve protects your device from scratches (from keys for example) and minor knocks and drops. However, the sleeve will not protect your device from more violent abuse than that, so don't expect immortality for your device. I would recommend that you use the sleeve with a case on your device, such as Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8.9" Standing Leather Cover, Onyx Black (will only fit Kindle Fire HD 8.9").

There are cheaper options on auction sites, but they are not made to the same standards as this one. Basic, but very good.
review image review image
on 2 September 2015
I ordered the AmazonBasics Laptop Sleeve for my 11.6inch HP Pavilion laptop. Although at first it was a very tight fit (obviously its more designed for macbooks which are super thin in comparison to a HP, so I had to put the fat end of the laptop in first to be able to close the zip), with use it does stretch slightly to enable my HP to fit in. The sponge is of decent quality, it looks professional and slick, and does not feel as cheap as its bargain price! It does a good job of protecting my laptop and makes me feel more secure about popping it in my bag whilst travelling around university. All in all it's a very good product - I'm impressed and you can't go wrong with the price! I also really like how basic it is - it just does exactly what you want it to do, so it will slip into your bag easily without clogging up weight and space like a regular laptop bag does. It allows your laptop to be portable without the risk of damage, you just have to make sure your laptop is fully charge when you leave for the day.

Although just be aware - if you have an 11.6 inch laptop which is quite thick (unlike MacBooks and chromebooks) it may be advisable to purchase a sleeve of a slightly larger size (12 inch for example) to allow extra space for the thickness.
on 9 April 2016
Don't be put off by the "AmazonBasics" name. This is a very good quality laptop sleeve. My 15.6 inch laptop fits snuggly inside the case, some people may not like that - but it is better for the laptop to be in a snug fitting case than slipping and sliding around inside a loose fitting case.

I will be ordering more of these for my other laptops to keep them safe when not in use.
Although I do not have a cover for the larger laptop that I use on a daily basis, I also have a mini laptop which I sometimes take to meetings and which, when it is not being used, tends to gather dust. This Amazon Basics cover came up in a Lightning Deal for a ridiculously low price and I was immediately tempted to finally purchase one.

Like all of the Amazon Basics range, this is a simple design, but the function is excellent. It has a little Amazon logo on the top, left hand corner and it closes with a zip at the top. The material is plain black and the inside has a foam lining, which will cushion your device from bumps and scratches. This is ideal for me to pack my little laptop away when it is not being used and for me to transport it when I need it. A very good price (even without a discount) and a good quality sleeve which certainly does not feel ‘basic’ in any way.
on 8 December 2014
Having purchased both the 7 inch tablet sleeve (for my Amazon Fire HDX) and the 8 inch tablet sleeve (for my Lenovo A8-50), I can confirm the dimensions of both the 7 inch and the 8 inch tablet sleeves are the same (21.8 x 15cm). The 8 inch tablet sleeve is too small for an 8 inch tablet - Amazon have been informed of the issue.
on 19 September 2015
I have been using the AmazonBasics laptop sleeve to store my Macbook Pro 13.3" (2015 retina) for the past few months, and have found it to be a great sleeve. I use it to make sure my Macbook is protected against anything in my backpack when I'm travelling.

The case is mildly waterproof, and offers a perfect fit to my Apple MBP 13.3" 2015. I've thrown my bag around a few times by accident, or had a lot of pressure against the sleeve for various reasons (unintentional), and my Macbook has always came out unharmed, regardless of bumpy train/metro rides, small bag falls etc.

The zip works smoothly, I haven't ever had it jam, though I have only ever had my Macbook in it, I don't know how well the zip would withstand stress from a thicker laptop or other object within the sleeve, but knowing the quality of AmazonBasics products, I would assume it could handle it pretty well.

Slight warning to pet owners (with animals that cast a lot of hair): the bag doesn't play nicely with animal hair. When placing the case somewhere in a furry environment, the neoprene is a fur-magnet, and it's a huge pain to get off the sleeve.

Overall, the bag is great quality for the price. it offers moderate padded shock protection, great for day-to-day travel with your 13.3" laptop, helping to prevent it being damaged from things inside of your bag, or from small drops/knocks. I wouldn't say this sleeve is bulletproof, don't go dropping your laptop off the roof and hoping this bag will save it, it might, but that's not what this was designed for. It does however deal with your daily commute and travel needs, protecting your expensive electronic device.
VINE VOICEon 13 August 2014
Size: 7-Inches|Colour Name: Black|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
You have a style dilemma with darling Kindles, Nexuses and the like. They are lovely, sleek and beautiful, but they break easily. If you put them in padded sleeves which will keep them safe, you turn them into bulky objects the size of regular books. So, here's an option: a soft padded sleeve to keep your treasure safe, but when you take it out to use, it's slim and pristine and shiny.

Now, personally, I'm too nervous of dropping mine once I take it out really to enjoy this option, but if you're less clumsy than me or have a higher anxiety threshold, this might be for you.

The foam is dense but light and the overall bulk of it not too great: it fits in a generous jacket pocket. The well-positioned zip won't scratch your machine. It's in an austere black with Amazon's little logo peeping out, which counts as a high status brand in some circles. If dropped, it bounces gently. I've tried this, because I'm clumsy.

It's cheap for the sort of thing it is, so if you feel more comfortable with a book-style binding, you've not parted with too much lucre. But if I want to show of my shiny tech (say, on long train journeys where my poor motor control probably won't subject my tablet to too much injury), then this makes a great travelling pouch.

So ask yourself this: "Am I likely to drop my tablet/kindle in the act of removing it from the sleeve?"

If the answer is, "Frankly, yes!" then you might look elsewhere.

If you think, "No way, I've got a sky-high Dexterity!" then this is for you.
Very well made with a substantial zip and enough padding to protect it from minor knocks. However as the shape was curved at the corners it was a very tight fit for my Toshiba Encore Mini WT7-C-100 7-inch Tablet (Silver) - (Intel Atom Z3735G 1.33/1.83GHz, 1GB RAM, 16GB Memory, Windows 8.1) In fact so tight that unless I was careful it pressed on the on/off button and turned it on. Not very useful as I got this case at the last moment to protect the tablet when taking it on an aircraft.