Customer reviews

on 15 May 2016
I could listen to Martin Simpson, sing the phone book, as long as he accompanied himself with the guitar. This is yet another superb collection of songs, new, borrowed and not so blue. I don't know why it has taken me so long to buy this album. I will let others eulogies about guitar tunings etc, it just sounds good to me.
on 1 September 2015
The best acoustic geetarist in the world? better than Richard Thompson? I say YES Martin Simpson should be a big star, he goes from Americana to English Folk with ease, this is his latest album recorded with just him and a geetar and or a banjo.He,s as English as they come but i bet you think he,s American on the Americana songs,he,s that authentic.
on 23 October 2017
Another interesting and well crafted album from Mr Simpson. If you like his music you will not be disappointed, though unlikely to win over any new ones (unless of course they are new to him).
on 19 February 2017
Great and wonderful live at the John Peel Centre for Creative Arts.
on 26 August 2017
Great album . Great song writer
on 12 February 2014
What can I say even if youve heard the songs many times before please give this a go it is heavenly traditional but very easy on the ear
on 30 June 2017
Again, this was a present fort a relative but I understand it was well received.
on 17 May 2017
Fabulous guitar from MArtin Simpson, as ever. More melancholic than I had anticipated
on 9 May 2016
Delivered quickly.
Superb album from Mrtin Simpson - once again.
on 14 March 2014
Everything I have come to expect from Martin Simpson, he is getting better every album, or is just different and so continuously engaging?