on 12 July 2013
This is a lovely bag. It is quite large and holds loads but without looking too big.
It is very similar in style to the Nagato which I love but it is larger and only has one front zipped compartment as opposed to two on the Nagato. I bought the Brick shade which is a lovely terracota/rust shade which will look good now and into the Autumn.
The two shoulder straps are more than ample to fit over the shoulder even if you were wearing it over a thick coat (unlikely at the mo!) There is also a long adjustable and removable strap if you want to wear this across body.
I bought this for a weekend away to use in the daytime and wanted to take a spare pair of sandals with me (in case my new ones rub!) and a cardi in case the weather turns and this will be ideal for my needs.
I would highly recommend this bag unless you only like to take the essentials with you unlike me who takes the kitchen sink with me!
on 17 July 2013
This bag is perfect. Slightly longer handles so that it is comfortable on my shoulder, but also a cross body strap. I like having that bit of extra room in my bag for "little bits" of shopping. This is definitely a favourite, so much so that I have it in two colours.
on 25 July 2013
This is a rather tall bag and for me the sides tended to collapse onto the contents. I really prefer my Defea so I returned this one
because of the shape rather than any other fault. I chose the 'brick' colour which is really gorgeous. As with all Kipling bags really well made and strong and I would certainly recommend it in that respect, it was just not for me as the sides were too soft.
on 6 September 2013
I got this bag as I wanted something that was a decent size for work without being bulky. This bad certainly fits the bill. It is like a tardis, I can fit a jacket in if needed as well as my usual bits and bobs ie lunch, notepad, toiletries but by the same token it also looks good when virtually empty. Love how the sides are soft so it is very versatile. The fabric is lovely, I chose the brown snakeskin as I wanted something a little different without standing out too much and it is perfect for autumn. The leather on the shoulder strap is also a nice touch which adds to the style and reflects the quality of kippling. Very light which I think is so important when you can pack so much in. Fantastic buy.
on 14 June 2013
This is the second Erine Kipling bag and is my new favourite, having so much room in it. It also fits nicely over the shoulder without being bulky. I prefer this to the Defea which has been another favourite. Not anymore though, it's the Erine!
on 2 February 2014
This bag has only one large main compartment, one zipped on the outside and one small zipped on the inside. Has key fob and monkey. It will fit A4 folder in portrait way. Will hold many items and doesn't look bulky. It is flexible and brilliant. The blue colour is dark and not the lighter blue Kipling usually has. Fast delivery and worth the money. Kipling is wonderful.
on 22 February 2014
You can get all the essentials in there from glasses and book to purse and brolly. It's got compartments for your smartphone and a couple of pens, and plenty of room left for picking up bits and bobs. The side pocket is handy for travelpass and things. The length of the two handles is ideal for rushing around and holding the bag on your shoulder but close to you in crowds, or you can have double security and wear it across the body with the extra handle. I'm a recent convert to Kipling (is it obvious) and very pleased with the quality and design. The designs aren't as funky as some others on the market, but this one is totally practical, comfortable and hardwearing and hey, dare I say a little more grown up than bags I've had before. The dark blue is lovely and rich and looks great with jeans! Couldn't recommend it more, worth waiting for a price reduction as they seems to pop up regularly via Amazon.
on 29 November 2013
I am a Kipling addict. There, I have said it.
This is by far, the biggest one I have ever purchased to date. I love it. It's too big, according to my husband. Yeah, righto!
The brown snake pattern is beautiful. A lovely Autumnal / winter colour, which would easily take you into Spring too.
I can get everything in this bag. Purse, make-up bag, keys, phone, tape measure, wallpaper sample, perfume, umbrella, water, Kindle, MP3 and much more. Lucky it's a cross body bag or I'd have broken shoulders.
Honestly, when it first arrived, I thought 'crikey, it's too big, it's got to go back' but I persevered, chucked everything in it, and it's stayed.
Would I re-sell it? - Not a chance.
10/10
on 19 July 2013
I just dont know how Kipling keep coming up with so many different designs.
I have got a lot of Kipling but ordered this bag in the Cafe Latte, a colour
I have never gone for before. What it reminds me of a coffee cream chocolate.
It is a very nice colour and I love the bag as well.
It holds so much and just like another reviewer one of my favourites is the
defea and have about 5 in different colours.
This bag does not have the outer pockets, but it looks more slimline but still
having plenty of room.
I hope to get another one soon.
on 6 August 2013
This will be a great weekend and holiday bag, holding everything I need. The good thing about Kipling bags is that they are so light yet so organised. Another Kipling for my small, but growing, collection. The colour is a lovely autumn colour, and I love autumn colours.