Format: Audio CD|Change

on 28 May 2013
Love, love, love this show and have already bought the first CD. Looking forward to hearing this one as I love all the songs from the show. However, the song that Scarlett, Gunnar and his brother sang, called 'Casino' has been omitted WHY ? This seems to be a recurring feature of Nashville music releases (Fade into You from first CD case in point) Please let us have all the music - the songs are too good to miss....
on 16 July 2013
I got this on release day, and to be honest, was a little underwhelmed at first, but I put that down to the fact that we were still only part way through watching the show and I hadn't actually heard a lot of these songs yet! As I kept watching the show though, the songs would crop up, and I would recognise them, and they seem to mean more (maybe it's just me?) when I can picture the character singing them, such as Scarlett on stage singing Looking For A Place To Shine!

It has grown on me no end, and from my initial thoughts, I now love it every bit as much as the first album. I confess to having become completely Nashville obsessed, and have since bought the dvd of series one, and also another 25 tracks available on US download sites (with help from a friend!) and I literally play the whole lot all the time!

Back to this album though, stand out tracks for me are Connie Britton's Stronger Than Me, which is so emotional, and Nothing In This World Will Ever Break My Heart Again by Hayden Panettiere, which again, is very emotional given what it is linked to in the show, and is also quite simply a beautiful song. And if anybody can keep there toes from tapping to 'You Ain't Dolly' well you are doing better than me! I could list more of my favourite tracks, but at the end of the day, everybody will have their own :)

Put simply, if you love Nashville, you'll love the cd! And be sure to buy the deluxe edition with the extra tracks ;)
on 13 June 2013
I bought this rather than the first volume as it was slightly cheaper and it has the beautiful tracks Fade into you sung by Sam Palladio and Clare Bowen and Ho hey sung by the Stellar Stella sisters. Frankly it is worth the price just for the first track as it is is just a hauntingly brilliant duet. Ho hey is lovely and I suspect I am not the only one who thinks that the Stella sisters will be huge.

The rest of the tracks are all good, although I personally do not like Gun for a mouth but that is not a criticism of Sam Palladio who sings it well, it is just not my cup of tea.

If you like Nashville I would recommend this album, if you like country music I would recommend this album, if you just like good tunes beautifully sung, guess what, I would recommend this album.

Enjoy.

July 2013 Edit: Having listened to this quite a few times now, it just gets better and better. "Gun for A Mouth" has grown on me, it provides a strong contrast to all the slightly softer haunting songs. Jonathan Jackson's song "Let There Be Lonely" (well to be honest his voice)is also growing on me. I think Hayden Panettiere does a great job on "We are Water" and the slightly harder "Nothing In This World Will Ever Break My Heart Again". For me everything by Clare Bowen is utterly compelling, equally personally I feel Connie Britton's songs are the weakest on the album but they are still very good. This is just a fantastically talented group of artists with some really good songs, from a fabulous show, hopefully there is lots more to come.
on 4 June 2013
This is as good as the first one, with a great selection from the series, thoroughly enjoy all the songs.
on 3 April 2015
Really liked the show, and was impressed by the performances of the actors/singers/musicians, so I was pleased to get the CD (and Vol 1). The CD even appealed to my husband who isn't a particular fan of the show itself, and it is a good disc to listen to in the car.
on 5 June 2015
I love this album and have played it to death! My kids are sick of hearing it but I love every song on it
particularly the duets. I also bought season 1 volume 1 which is just as good, I would highly recommend both cd`s
even if your not keen on Country music as they are more country pop than Country
on 19 August 2013
Bought both albums which I love, having watched the series on TV. Hubby has never seen the series, but loved the music when I 'forced' him to listen.

Just so disappointed that Casino wasn't on either album as I believe it's definitely one of the best tracks in the entire show. I see it is available as a single in the US, but not as the acoustic version. Fingers crossed it's released here soon, and in both versions :)
on 27 July 2013
I watched the series on television and fell in love with the music. It was the build up to the songs being sung which added to the appreciation of the music. The songs were obviously written to capture the feelings of the singer at each instance. When I listened to the Nashville Soundtracks, I missed the feelings which led up to the songs, but I have to say that what came over in the songs was really good.
on 27 September 2013
This is a wonderful CD and the music is lovely. This TV series is excellent and I am so glad they released the CD as you can enjoy the full version of the songs as you don't hear all of them in the series. The actors are excellent singers and so talented. Highly recommend to anyone who enjoys country music.
on 22 August 2013
So often with programme soundtracks all the best songs are put into the first CD and subsequent editions are just feeding off the goodwill that produced. That is not the case here with another excellent collection of tracks covering all types of musical genres.

Given the range of songs covered in the series there will always be someone's favourite that is missed out but with 16 tracks you can't criticise them for trying to cover all tastes.

My personal favourites are Nothing In This World Will Ever Break My Heart Again and an amazing performance of Ho Hey from Lennon and Maisy Stella, who have ability way beyond their years. However, whatever type of music you like you will find something here and most likely also be introduced to something new.