on 13 June 2014
Good value cover for my wife's ipad 3. Keeps IPAD protected but all controls and screen are fully accessible with no obstructions. We like the highly translucent back tray which protects the easily scratchable IPAD rear yet makes it clearly visible. The magnetic
hinge on the top cover is very precise and everything is a good fit.
Apple should be ashamed at the price they charge for their "original" covers. Don't be daft enough to buy one of theirs! Their profit margin must be at least 2000 per cent!
11 comment| 83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 April 2014
After mixed reviews I decided to give this ipad air case a go. I am very pleased with it so far. I've only had it about 1 month but it is proving to be just as good as the original apple ones. Its very light but protects quite well. The wake/sleep function works perfectly and keeps it clean. No signs of it falling to bits like some reviews said x x x
VINE VOICEon 10 June 2015
Great protection for your iPad. Especially the plastic back. I spilled some tea and was literally thanking God I had put it in the case, and although reluctant to obscure that beautiful glass retina screen with the protector, when the light caught what may or may not have been a tiny Nick, I couldn't get that screen protector on fast enough.it is tad cloudy visually, and there are still a few small bubbles I successfully pushed to the edges, but that has to be better than risking damage to the surface. Closing it, it's loose, if there's a magnet in there it's not a good one, but basically it does the job of protecting a very valuable piece of gear.
The stand arrangements aren't that secure or steady and don't allow you to stand your iPad up, but instead slopes at a very shallow angle, but my old book rest does the job.
I have the pale blue, which is very smart and very attractive. So, though not perfect, is cheap, does look good, and provides the necessary protection unless you accidentally drop it in your foot spa while reading, which is what I did with my last Kindle. One day they'll maybe do waterproof, but not today apparently.

Bought this 5th June, and now 26 November. The plastic on the back has fractured in places and snapped off in chunks despite not being dropped or in any way being banged or traumatised. I live alone, this could not have been damaged by a feline, toddling or primary school poltergeist. Shame. Was a nice looking case, but I need something that will protect my ipad not just look nice.
on 21 February 2014
Good quality product, looks great on my iPad! I've previously brought the apple version of Smart Cover and this is just as good quality without the cost!
on 28 September 2014
cracked at the corners slightly but its okay for use around the house, not advised to take out the house with, sometimes it slides out
on 22 November 2013
I was initially very happy when I received this case as I thought it would add adequate protection whilst keeping my iPad mini still very thin and light without having to pay the extortionate Apple prices for a Smart Cover.
The product comprised of two parts; a magnetic cover (similar to the Smart Cover) and a hard back shell case which is coloured with a translucent design so you can see the Apple logo through it, giving a nice effect.
The cover contains a magnet allowing the sleep/wake function and this works very well. This magnet also means that the cover is held in place when folded back as a stand, however it can unravel when typing.
The magnet that holds the cover in place is not very strong. When the cover is on without the back panel, it simply falls off the iPad, but this is not an issue as the back panel has an edge that clips around this part of the cover so as it does not fall off.
The problem came with this case after a few days. I noticed that the case was leaving marks down the left hand edge of the iPad when opening and closing. To inspect this further I decided to remove the case by clipping the iPad out of two corners first, however the case is very brittle and thus snapped.
I am now left with a two week old damaged iPad mini and a broken case of which I am not very happy about.
66 comments| 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 August 2014
I was debating due to some of the bad reviews to get this item. However I decided to because ultimately it was cheap. The case itself fits perfectly and it came with a screen protector and stylus which was an added bonus.

The stand works great, all the people complaining it falls back down aren't ensuring that it's been folded tightly and the magnetic back snaps into place before sitting it down. I've had it on hard surfaces like a table and also standing up on the bed and it's stayed fine even when touching the buttons.

Also the case itself has stayed in great conditions and I've had it a while now, the people complaining it's got mucky and do eared are mostly likely carrying it around lose in their bag for which i would recommend they use a neoprene sleeve to protect the case and ipad (I would recommend this for any case, especially leather ones).

So all in all it's great, I've put the bad reviews down to people who are not using the case stand correctly and people who don't look after their stuff properly.
on 22 April 2014
About to order a different case today as I'm really not pleased with this one. The corners of my ipad mini are not covered by the case and since I bought it mast week I've NOT been able to get the case to stand up independently, I have to hold it on the folds to enable this to happen. The internal side of the leather part gets dirty quickly, it's made of a sort if felt material and already has prints and marks on it.

I'll be binning this as soon as the new case arrives. I wouldn't keep it even as a back up. Shame as I thought the good reviews were an indicator of quality.
on 6 August 2014
From the picture it looks as if it was a complete replica of the original Apple cases so I ordered it because I couldn't quite afford the Apple cases. When I put it on my iPad mini it just didn't feel right. It felt cheap to touch and the gel case at the back did not feel secure and my iPad mini did not feel protected at all. I hated the feel of the case and it felt like a REALLY cheap replica of the real Apple ones. I don't even think it is worth the money that it is sold for. The only positive that I felt was that the cover did stand properly.

If you want a good case but can't afford the Apple one's invest in some of the Speck cases which cost around £20. They are brilliant and feel good to the touch whilst protecting my iPad to the standard that I am happy with. Don't waste your money and risk damaging your iPad mini by buying this case!
on 1 May 2014
Reasonable price, reasonable quality. It does want I wanted it to do. Would recommend to anybody who wants a case for their iPad Air.