Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Pre-order now Shop Men's Shop Women's

I bought my partner the girly version of the Micropedi when they first came out and she loves it to this day and raeding all the reviews on here it seems to have gone down rather well!

Being a thoroughly modern yet manly-ish (cue my kids laughter) man (no I will not wear a man bag!) and hater of horrid feet and ex Kickboxing practitioner* I thought I'd give this a go!

As ever I work behind the times (my telly still runs on 50 pence pieces)so after pumace-ing and Ped Egging for many a year I've dragged my aged aching feet into the 20th century.

The Micro Pedi for men is a nice manly black colour, Grrr! In the box you get

- The Micro Pedi
- A cleaning brush
- Instruction booklet

The device Is well built as you would expect and feels very comfortable in the hand. There is a rubberised section on the body to aid grip. The on/off switch has a little red lock button built into it so the switch doesn't slide 'off' by accident in use. The very coarse roller that actually buffs your feet has a protective plastic dome when in storage. There is also a button on the side that you press to 'pop' the roller out in order to change or clean with the little brush provided, that is it! You will need to buy two AA batteries to run the Micro Pedi.

A pretty simplistic device.

In use you need to scrub your feet and thoroughly dry them to get the full effect. Turn the Micro Pedi on and the roller will spin at 30 times per second. You only have to make contact with your feet, don't push down or you will stop the motor. . .and the roller will remove dead, hard and callous skin from your feet. You will be amazed at how much rubbish this will remove from your feet if you have never done this or haven't done this for some time. You can do any section of your foot such as heels, sides, soles and toes. It is quite pleasant and not painful in any way whatsoever.

and now for the moisturiser! :)

If you want to impress your partner or girlfriend with immaculate foot hygiene then I cannot stress how much you need one of these in your life. Once you've used it you can never go back to manky horrible feet chaps.

Super high level recommendation!

*ever been kicked in the face or head-locked by the legs of some cheesy footed 6ft 16 stone kickboxer? It's 'very' not good. They think you're running around the ring from fright. Yeah, terrified of the next block of cheddar in the face mate!

Get them one of these! :)

Update - 4th Dec - Still loving this and using it weekly without any problems. Absolute must-have in a blokes beauty regime! :)
on 20 November 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Let's be honest from the start, the real difference between this and the long running versions is that it's not pink.

The Amazon page states that it comes with a Super Course Roller to tackle even the hardest male skin. It's the same blue roller that comes with some of the female models, so no difference there.

The description also states "The MICRO Pedi MAN comes in a handy size for travel or your gym bag". Maybe it's me, but I can't see anyone, male or female going to the gym to sit in the changing room sanding their feet.

In use it works just like all the others, the sanding roller spins and eventually sands your hard skin off. I say eventually because if you have any level of hard skin, or callouses be prepared for it to take a while.

Any pressure on the roller and it stops turning and the instructions recommended you don't leave it on the same patch of skin for more than two seconds.

Don't get me wrong, it does work, up to a point, but between no pressure and moving it around so much, it can easily take half an hour or longer to do both feet. If there's any level of build up, it's faster with a manual board and doing it by hand.

It's also worth noting that the shape of the device was great to hold right handed whilst doing one foot, but incredibly awkward to hold in the left hand to do the other foot. It does throw off quite a bit of dust, so you'll want to sit in the bath or shower to do the sanding.

In all, whilst it does work, unless you have mobility issues and lots of free time, I'm not really sure this would be worth the expense. It needs a wider head for better coverage, a better shape for left and right handed use and a lot more power to the roller so you can exert some pressure to the hard skin.
44 comments| 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 December 2013
I have suffered from hard skin on the bottom of my feet for a long time. No creams, rasps or files have helped relieve
the pain that hard skin can cause but this fantastic little battery operated machine did the job immediately! I cannot rate it highly enough - it does what it says on the box. Easy to use and clean. I shall use it at least twice a week to stop any build up of hard skin in the future. Why it's advertised as a man's device I'll never know. It's perfect for any gender.
on 30 June 2016
I don't write many reviews but after I tried this for the first time yesterday I thought I would share the experience. I've always had bad feet with thick hard skin on my heels and frankly never bothered to do much about it. Sometimes when the dead hard skin was particularly thick I would use some file or other to thin it out and whilst that works its not very convenient. That's where this thing really scores well. At the end of the day its just a grinding wheel and a motor but it comes in a nice little easy to hold and easy to use unit. All it does is file away the dead skin and you can do that with a file but because its so easy to use and motorized the convenience means you will just keep it handy and use it over and over again. No preparation is needed, just switch on and go. There is a satisfaction you get from seeing the dead skin dropping off and its gentle action means no chance of hurting the good skin. I think its great value for money as I travel a lot and will keep it in my overnight bag.
on 14 January 2014
My husband had really bad cracked heals for ages, we are so pleased with this product, its the best his heals have been for goodness knows when, I also use it, great item
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 22 November 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The Emjoi Micro Pedi Man is one exceptional pedicure delight for the roughest skin on the hardest of feet. I already owned the original version of the Emjoi Micro Pedi and I have to be honest I use it three times per week to keep my hard skin on the bottom of my feet at the minimum. When I used this model I immediately felt the difference in the two models as it was so much quicker to use and gives even better results.
The only flaw I had with it was due to the fact that there is no long handle for me to get a good grip with compared to the first model Emjoi Micro-Pedi Portable Pedicure Device which left me dropping it a few times as I do suffer badly with pains in my hands and would not have a strong grip.
One thing I do like this model is the discreet design which allows it to fit neatly in your hand therefore would fit neatly in a sports bag etc.
The Emjoi Micro Pedi Man is a great working device which removed even the hardest skin and plus the added bonus it can be washed under running water makes this one beauty tool which should be part of keeping those tootsies free of the ugly presence of hard skin or even those other dreaded nasties which seem to cause pain and discomfort when walking.
VINE VOICEon 21 November 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
My partner suffers from hard skin due to wearing work boots each working day. We've tried other pedi-machines, but NOTHING has worked as well as this Emjoi Micro Pedi Man, even their original Emjoi Pedi machine.

Half an hour once a week restores his feet to softness and makes them less painful. The harsh abrasive roller is easily changed (we separately bought a less abrasive one) so you can take the hard skin off and then more gently remove the under layers, with less risk of skin burns.

Batteries don't last overlong, but we have rechargeable ones, far better idea. We use it for about 30 - 60 mins once weekly and they are fine.

Highly recommend this item.
on 19 February 2016
This unit locked onto the skin on my instep, causing a painful blood blister. Very poor customer service as they have failed to reply to my emails and letters, buyers beware.
review image
on 16 July 2016
This is light and easy to use, has a safety button so no accidental switch on. The wheel seems to work well on all types of hard skin, powerful enough to put pressure on it and still doesn't stop or jam. Easy to clean and a plastic cover over the wheel for protection. Well worth the money.
on 9 July 2016
I ordered this for a male friends birthday as he had mentioned about getting the normal one but didn't want it to seem girly. When I found this I ordered it straight away and he was really pleased with it. He said it works well and that he wished he would have bought one sooner!