I bought my partner the girly version of the Micropedi when they first came out and she loves it to this day and raeding all the reviews on here it seems to have gone down rather well!

Being a thoroughly modern yet manly-ish (cue my kids laughter) man (no I will not wear a man bag!) and hater of horrid feet and ex Kickboxing practitioner* I thought I'd give this a go!

As ever I work behind the times (my telly still runs on 50 pence pieces)so after pumace-ing and Ped Egging for many a year I've dragged my aged aching feet into the 20th century.

The Micro Pedi for men is a nice manly black colour, Grrr! In the box you get

- The Micro Pedi
- A cleaning brush
- Instruction booklet

The device Is well built as you would expect and feels very comfortable in the hand. There is a rubberised section on the body to aid grip. The on/off switch has a little red lock button built into it so the switch doesn't slide 'off' by accident in use. The very coarse roller that actually buffs your feet has a protective plastic dome when in storage. There is also a button on the side that you press to 'pop' the roller out in order to change or clean with the little brush provided, that is it! You will need to buy two AA batteries to run the Micro Pedi.

A pretty simplistic device.

In use you need to scrub your feet and thoroughly dry them to get the full effect. Turn the Micro Pedi on and the roller will spin at 30 times per second. You only have to make contact with your feet, don't push down or you will stop the motor. . .and the roller will remove dead, hard and callous skin from your feet. You will be amazed at how much rubbish this will remove from your feet if you have never done this or haven't done this for some time. You can do any section of your foot such as heels, sides, soles and toes. It is quite pleasant and not painful in any way whatsoever.

and now for the moisturiser! :)

If you want to impress your partner or girlfriend with immaculate foot hygiene then I cannot stress how much you need one of these in your life. Once you've used it you can never go back to manky horrible feet chaps.

Super high level recommendation!

*ever been kicked in the face or head-locked by the legs of some cheesy footed 6ft 16 stone kickboxer? It's 'very' not good. They think you're running around the ring from fright. Yeah, terrified of the next block of cheddar in the face mate!

Get them one of these! :)

Update - 4th Dec - Still loving this and using it weekly without any problems. Absolute must-have in a blokes beauty regime! :)
on 18 December 2013
I have suffered from hard skin on the bottom of my feet for a long time. No creams, rasps or files have helped relieve
the pain that hard skin can cause but this fantastic little battery operated machine did the job immediately! I cannot rate it highly enough - it does what it says on the box. Easy to use and clean. I shall use it at least twice a week to stop any build up of hard skin in the future. Why it's advertised as a man's device I'll never know. It's perfect for any gender.
on 20 November 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Let's be honest from the start, the real difference between this and the long running versions is that it's not pink.

The Amazon page states that it comes with a Super Course Roller to tackle even the hardest male skin. It's the same blue roller that comes with some of the female models, so no difference there.

The description also states "The MICRO Pedi MAN comes in a handy size for travel or your gym bag". Maybe it's me, but I can't see anyone, male or female going to the gym to sit in the changing room sanding their feet.

In use it works just like all the others, the sanding roller spins and eventually sands your hard skin off. I say eventually because if you have any level of hard skin, or callouses be prepared for it to take a while.

Any pressure on the roller and it stops turning and the instructions recommended you don't leave it on the same patch of skin for more than two seconds.

Don't get me wrong, it does work, up to a point, but between no pressure and moving it around so much, it can easily take half an hour or longer to do both feet. If there's any level of build up, it's faster with a manual board and doing it by hand.

It's also worth noting that the shape of the device was great to hold right handed whilst doing one foot, but incredibly awkward to hold in the left hand to do the other foot. It does throw off quite a bit of dust, so you'll want to sit in the bath or shower to do the sanding.

In all, whilst it does work, unless you have mobility issues and lots of free time, I'm not really sure this would be worth the expense. It needs a wider head for better coverage, a better shape for left and right handed use and a lot more power to the roller so you can exert some pressure to the hard skin.
44 comments| 66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 May 2015
I have both versions of the Emjoi MICR "O" Pedi and to be quite honest, I actually prefer the women's machine to this one.

I purchased the female version about 1 year ago which came with 2 Blue Course rollers and 2 Fine ones too. But, to be honest having used all rollers Black and Blue, Super Course down to Fine, I prefer the Blue Course which work best on me whilst using the women's machine. I have given it several months now using this machine but still like the women's version better.

It is much easier to manage over your feet as well as hands removing calluses and even the rough skin on your knees too, you know, from all the grovelling we do, right guy's?

All I will say is this, if you have particularly large hands, much larger than the average then this is the machine for you. If your hands are of an average size from large down to small, then chose the women's version.
on 30 June 2016
I don't write many reviews but after I tried this for the first time yesterday I thought I would share the experience. I've always had bad feet with thick hard skin on my heels and frankly never bothered to do much about it. Sometimes when the dead hard skin was particularly thick I would use some file or other to thin it out and whilst that works its not very convenient. That's where this thing really scores well. At the end of the day its just a grinding wheel and a motor but it comes in a nice little easy to hold and easy to use unit. All it does is file away the dead skin and you can do that with a file but because its so easy to use and motorized the convenience means you will just keep it handy and use it over and over again. No preparation is needed, just switch on and go. There is a satisfaction you get from seeing the dead skin dropping off and its gentle action means no chance of hurting the good skin. I think its great value for money as I travel a lot and will keep it in my overnight bag.
on 14 January 2014
My husband had really bad cracked heals for ages, we are so pleased with this product, its the best his heals have been for goodness knows when, I also use it, great item
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The Emjoi Micro Pedi Man is one exceptional pedicure delight for the roughest skin on the hardest of feet. I already owned the original version of the Emjoi Micro Pedi and I have to be honest I use it three times per week to keep my hard skin on the bottom of my feet at the minimum. When I used this model I immediately felt the difference in the two models as it was so much quicker to use and gives even better results.
The only flaw I had with it was due to the fact that there is no long handle for me to get a good grip with compared to the first model Emjoi Micro-Pedi Portable Pedicure Device which left me dropping it a few times as I do suffer badly with pains in my hands and would not have a strong grip.
One thing I do like this model is the discreet design which allows it to fit neatly in your hand therefore would fit neatly in a sports bag etc.
The Emjoi Micro Pedi Man is a great working device which removed even the hardest skin and plus the added bonus it can be washed under running water makes this one beauty tool which should be part of keeping those tootsies free of the ugly presence of hard skin or even those other dreaded nasties which seem to cause pain and discomfort when walking.
on 31 July 2014
This is the first micro pedi product that I have used and I am very impressed. It comes with one roller but batteries (2 AA) are not supplied.
It is very comfortable to hold and very easy to use. Note that it is not water resistant and is best used on clean, dry feet. Only light pressure is needed (if the roller stops spinning, you're pressing too hard).
This is the best (and most enjoyable to use) method I've tried to control hard skin. Professionally, I look at feet all day long (as an Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle surgeon) and I'll certainly be telling my patients about this.
on 20 April 2016
Works well and a boon to quickly remove hard skin from your feet. Equally good for men or women despite the name ;-)
The motor is powerful enough to let you remove dry skin quickly (much faster than a hand file), and you can easily feel how much to press to control how much you take off. (you can get a little carried away the 1st time you use it :-)

My only criticism is that the battery door cover is a little loose on mine.. and sometimes slips off. Not a major issue and maybe others are a tighter fit. The roller that removes the skin is replaceable, though I have not had to do so even after regular use. (no spare was included however, that would have been a nice touch). Overall - good value, works well. Recommended. (NB. I bought this with my own money - not a free review item ;-)
on 14 July 2015
Well please with purchase,easy and confortable to use.
Now got my dancing and running and walking feet back in peak fitness.
Only negative more to manufacture of than actual performance of,that being no batteries supplied or spare roller supplied.
Come on EMJOI be more customer friendly,dont you want 5star ratings!