Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now

on 12 November 2013
I managed to put this together with all the bits so that was a plus. The only plus.

There is a fair bit of set up involved. The doll has to go in the fridge for five minutes and then rest. One of the pens has to be filled with water and go in the freezer. Then there are some containers that have to be filled with warm or cold water. One of the pens has a light. I'm still unclear if it is supposed to get warm too, as the 'instructions' are unclear.

You can also spray the doll's hair to highlight it - well it just got wet, that was all.

It just doesn't do what it says it will. The doll has some kind of colour change technology in her limbs and dress but it is nigh on impossible to use the implements to make any designs. And I tried, oh yes, I did. It looks really easy on the TV advert doesn't it? In practice, it is frustrating, disappointing and I feel a bit swindled too. I would add a sad face if I had one to put here.

We didn't try to erase any designs as we hadn't managed to make any.

I've given it two stars for the doll, as when you hold her in your hand, her limbs do change colour, which is mildly entertaining.
on 16 June 2014
Bought for my 7 year old's birthday and she has played with it so much. You do need to place the "freeze pen" in the freezer for about 30 mins for it to work properly but as a concept of girlie monster lego it's great. Enough doll pieces in the Design Chamber for lots of combinations and there's plenty of add-on kits to expand if needed.
on 24 July 2016
Not a fan of monster high dolls, but niece likes them so brought this. It has a lot of "cool accessories" she enjoyed creating her own doll, the tattoos when you draw on it are quite faint but she didn't seem to mind and has enjoyed playing around and getting creative.
on 10 May 2014
I bought this for my 7 year old daughter for Christmas when on offer but she was very frustrated with the playset. You have to freeze part of it and she found it fiddly and in turn doesn't play with it.
VINE VOICEon 5 July 2015
In the words of my 8 year old "this is rubbish", says it all really. She is obsessed with Monster High and was really excited to get this. Put it together no problem, fairly straightforward. Ready to go, oh no - you have to get batteries for the heat pen, and put the cold pen in the freezer for at least 2 hours. That's ok, while you are waiting you can use hot water to make the make-up appear on her face and change her hair colour - apart from the fact it doesn't work. Tried all sorts, meanwhile 8 year old got more and more frustrated. Finally was able to play with this after batteries inserted, pen frozen. Fast forward to a day later, toy abandoned. Not a happy Mum.
on 1 January 2014
My daughter enjoys it, but for what i payed i thought it be a lot more then it is. very simple and plain
on 19 January 2016
This toy is absolute rubbish-my 6 year old loves Monster High and saw a video of this being demonstrated online and was desperate to buy it with her Christmas money. She is so disappointed because you can't draw on the monsters skin with the pens as they do nothing, her hair does not change colour and nor does water add colour to her eyelids! A disgusting rip,off and I will be contacting Mattel as it is a disgrace that they have produced this waste of money.
on 17 March 2014
Again, as a 9 year old Monster High addict, my daughter loves this play set.
I do think its alot of money for what you get, but the set design and idea is excellent.
It is not the kind of play set you can just play with though as there is a little prep involved with putting the pens in the freezer and such!
But overall my daughter loves it and that's all that matters!
on 1 December 2013
My grandchildren loved the whole idea of creating their own style doll both girls loved how they could make each one so different
on 8 January 2014
my daughter loved her chamber and will get hours of fun from it -- they love being creative at her age.

What do customers buy after viewing this item?

Best Selling