on 11 October 2013
This was purchased by my 8 year old with her birthday money. Received with much excitement and they immediately became inseparable. Sadly, by the next morning it was broken - one of the wings has stopped folding down.

It looks great out of the box but she is no more heavy handed than any other 8 year old so it clearly isn't fit for purpose.

So disappointing.
on 21 January 2014
Looks great in the box... out of the box it's not so good - the button which unfolds the wings is very hard to push for a little person and the wings then flick up very quickly and her arms have to be straight up for this to work. Winding them back down is also not as easy as the ad leads you to believe. We bought from Amazon so only paid about £11.50 as opposed to the £25 most high street retailers were asking. It's not very well made and the playability is short lived, I would not recommend wasting any money on this.
We bought Barbie Mariposa at the discounted Amazon price and I'm happy we didn't pay the original full price. Yes; this is a feast of a doll for any young Barbie enthusiast because she's pretty, pink, sparkly and has wings. The wings are the problem. The mechanism is poor and they don't always open fully or one or the other falls off. I can re-attach them but when they don't open properly or close around the doll as a skirt the whole fairy effect is a bit of a let down. I'm keeping her purely because my granddaughter won't let me send her back. Beautiful Barbie but not without problems and having read the other reviews many other people have had a similar experience.
on 18 March 2014
Bought for my 7 yr old daughter and she loves it. These things are all a bit expensive for what they're worth in my opinion but this one isn't too bad. The butterfly wing action is good and it has lasted a while now - she still plays with it. Good buy if a bit pricey. If you shop around you can find a good deal though.
on 3 April 2014
My daughter was very much bought into this doll but Unfortunately was very dissapointed on Christmas Day when the wing broke off and winding mechanism failed immediately. Perhaps this was from a bad batch but overall not very impressed.
on 5 May 2014
This Barbie was much better than I expected. Her wings are huge and very glittery. Bought for a friends little girl but will be buying another for my daughter.

Would highly recommend for a 3/4 year old
on 21 May 2014
Looks beautiful but the mechanism on the wings did not last long and the wings stopped folding and un-folding. They then came off. Would not recommend purchasing this.
on 11 March 2014
This toy is useless, Mariposa's wings are mean't to fold down to create a dress and then pop back up, as they do in the movie - Mariposa and the Fairy Princess - but it's fiddly to put together (you have to attach the wings) so can take for ever if you have small hands 'helping you' and breaks so quickly and I know that it wasn't just the one that we bought, I know at least two other families who had the exact same problems with it. It was played with for about an hour and then it broke, we fixed it and within 10 minutes it had broken again, after that it went into the toy box and hasn't come out since. I wouldn't recommend it. If you look past its failings, it isn't really that attractive, as Barbie dolls go, it is bulky with a huge cog system (encased) on it's back and the wings are huge!

But I suppose we can't complain too much as it was really quite a cheap toy - only costing £10 (or something close to that). It's up to you whether you think it is worth the gamble or not and it may be that some people have had no problem with it, I can only say what we have experienced.
on 6 June 2014
My daughter loved this but sadly wings weren't working and didn't stay down. We returned it and did buy another one but I am not expecting it to last very long. One of the straps on the dress on the new one has already broken. Amazon were fab at the returns process though!
on 9 February 2014
Beautiful Barbie bought for my granddaughters Christmas. You can't do much with the doll because of the wings but that didn't matter, she loved it and played with it a lot. It's very cleverly designed x