on 19 July 2017
Works as well as other products.
Only complaint -
They do not stand alone - they HAVE to be screwed to a surface.
OR
Stick some rubber feet which I have done
They are then fine
on 18 March 2015
This is partially my own fault that the spot light is too bright to be mounted to the wall, you'll have to find a ceiling position to put it. But due to the design nature the light shouldn't turn on unless it's dark, so guess what? it's always too dark under my kitchen cabinets they turn on even during daylight.

I guess this will be great if you just use it in the shed.
on 1 May 2016
Use these in our Shen and hall way. They trigger when the day light has dimmed to dusk and we walk into the log shed. Absolutely ideal and we suffer no more from stubbed toes
on 20 May 2017
These are very bright. Great for my under stairs 'cellar!'
on 9 February 2017
perfect solution to a dark cupboard under the stairs
HALL OF FAMETOP 100 REVIEWERon 13 March 2014
Bought these Indoor wireless slim LED lights at lightning deal price and I couldn't be more satisfied.

The MB862 lights come in a "frustration free" cardboard packaging. Each unit requires 4 AA batteries, which are not included. They will also work on rechargeable ones. A tiny switch in the battery compartment allows you to set the length of time the light stays on per activation - MIN - 20sec / MAX - 60sec

The units are well built and feel sturdy, and emit a very bright light. Mr Beams claim a 30 hour battery life which should theoretically mean 3600 activations when set to the suggested 20 seconds. (Actually I found that the timing is around 25 seconds per activation).

A short while ago the fridge mechanism which activates the light stopped functioning. Unfortunately it is not a burnt out bulb so I have mounted one of these lights and am truly amazed by the brightness.

Going through the reviews, it seems that most, if not all, are experiencing activation of the LED lights regardless of the ambient lighting conditions. On testing them out for a couple of hours, I have obtained different results.

* As strange as it may sound the units I received are actually affected by the ambient light. In fact when the white sensor is exposed to light the LED does not activate on detecting motion. I have tried both lights and they both behave the same. I will upload a video if requested. I have also bought the white version and am glad to report that I have obtained the same results.

Now if the lights are mounted inside a cupboard, closet or a dark unit, the sensor it would pick up the movement of the door first, and trigger the LED light regardless of the lighting conditions outside.

I have to give this lights a 5 star rating, as they do live up to what they promise.
Highly recommended to anyone seeking a wireless solution to illuminate the wardrobe, closet, pantry and more!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*PLEASE NOTE: The listing clearly claims that they will light up in light or dark. So please do not bear weight to my experience regarding this factor in deciding to buy these lights. It is meant for those who already have bought them.

It would be interesting to know whether you have any success though. Just try using a torch for a test first.
on 28 November 2013
I would recommend these to anyone who wanted lights under their kitchen cupboards. Being a sensor light, they only come on when its dark, and they stay on for about 20 seconds. They are a quick easy way to light up a dark area.
on 4 November 2013
Nifty lights that we use in the bathroom for the numerous trip made in the night with a three year old! Would be five star but they have no light sensor and come on during the day.
22 Comments| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 November 2013
When I ordered this, I was fully aware that there's no light sensor - so even in broad daylight, the LED will come on after detecting motion (unlike some alternatives such as those from Philips that have both motion and light sensors).

What drew me to this, as someone who already owns the Philips ones, was the 4 AA batteries over 3 AAA batteries... making me hope I'd be changing batteries less frequently.

That has sort of worked out to be true, but only now I've changed the timer to the minimum setting.

The plus side is that when the light is on, it's seriously bright and therefore ideal for a bathroom or WC. Obviously the time the batteries will last depends on how often you set it off, so it's probably even more ideal for a shed/garage and any place you might not go that frequently - but need a decent light without running cables.

But if a version of this light came along that remained off when it was already light (or you had the main lights on) then it would be a full five star rating!
on 3 December 2014
easy peasy!! they work as advertised., really nice inside cupboards,