on 21 July 2015
It's hard to review a usb cable, usually it just works or it doesn't. It's not like you can notice if the electrons traveling on it's gold plated highways feel like royalty and dedicate their lives to ensuring that the data entrusted to them arrives as safely and quickly as possible or are most of the electrons trapped by the dark rubber oppressor whipping them into a frenzy of electrons smashing into other with electrons flying uncontrolled until the next painful collision. We'll never know the truth and to be honest most people in the capitalist world wouldn't even care about the conditions of the electrons no matter how they actually were.

While I have concerns about the electrons the overriding reason I have given this cable a low rating is that the end of the micro side has this large block which stops me using it on a few devices or my phone with a cover. So I will simply say the cable doesn't work on some devices since it doesn't fit.
on 2 July 2014
A high quality cable by Amazon with rugged connectors on either end and made with durable cable. Perfect for any application that needs this particular connector arrangement.

The only downside I can see at the moment is the fact that the micro B side, the plastic portion of the connector is quite thicker than standard cables. This is a bonus to durability of course.

But certain devices have a small recessed slot for the port, which could be problematic, in my case an Xperia Z2 docking stand, the micro B connector port is recessed into the station and the fatter Amazon cable head could not connect into it as the plastic portion obstructed the entry.

So be aware that recessed ports may be an issue if the opening is narrow.

Overall an excellent product. Would recommend.
on 10 July 2015
Needed a cable to connect my appletv to the computer because it dodn't come supplied with one, this works and thats all you need to do. Its a cheap cable, and you don't need anything else if you need a cable for appletv, this is it right here.
on 12 June 2014
I, like many, have gone through countless numbers of these sort of cables but the Amazon Basics one has stood the test of time.
The part between the port and the cable is usually the part that suffers and ends up dying as a result, but this cable is less prone to that.

Recommended!
on 21 July 2016
Great quality cable. On a personal note, not the greatest fan of the uber in your face branding stuck on wherever possible, but, other than that little qualm, I cannot fault it whatsoever. Seems to be a fairly robustly built bit of cable, as I haven't yet managed to destroy it over 3 months on. (I normally go through micro usb cables at the rate of approximately 1 a week :/ )
on 20 February 2014
Bought this cable to load my Galaxy S4 when I am at work. I am using a computer, so I feel like the loading is much slower than when plugged on a regular plug. Good as a supplement way to charge the battery of your phone.
on 4 December 2013
Don't bother with cheaper cables as they might not work. I bought two cheaper Micro USB cables (both with good reviews) to sync/charge my Nexus 4 smart phone. Both of them had flaky connections and just wouldn't work properly. This Amazon Basics cable works perfectly. It feels better quality, cable is nice and thick and the connection is solid.
on 21 October 2015
i do like this cable as i use it every day its got to the stage that the connecter has to be shimmied about to get my device to charge but still good enough quality cable .
on 7 March 2015
Works and appears very well made. I have found buying unbranded cables in the past to be a false economy. "It's got our name on it" applies to Amazon as well..
on 15 December 2015
Poor build quality, broke just a few weeks after purchase without what I'd deem excessive use. You're better off paying a bit more I think.