on 28 September 2013
"Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs 2" is a heartening and animated movie about an inventor who must figure out a way to deal with food creations that somehow morphed into "foodanimals." This inventor is accompanied by his friends and must carefully choose between either listening to them or another scientist that he truly admires. "Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs 2" is perfect for many people who like gleeful family friendly films.
on 5 December 2013
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 picks up where Sony Pictures Animation's hit comedy left off. Inventor Flint Lockwood's genius is finally being recognized as he's invited by his idol Chester V to join The Live Corp Company, where the best and brightest inventors in the world create technologies for the betterment of mankind. Chester's right-hand-gal - and one of his greatest inventions - is Barb (a highly evolved orangutan with a human brain, who is also devious, manipulative and likes to wear lipstick). It's always been Flint's dream to be recognized as a great inventor, but everything changes when he discovers that his most infamous machine (which turns water into food) is still operating and is now creating food-animal hybrids - "foodimals!" With the fate of humanity in his hands, Chester sends Flint and his friends on a dangerously delicious mission, battling hungry tacodiles, shrimpanzees, apple pie-thons, double bacon cheespiders and other food creatures to save the world again!
on 16 July 2014
Well to be honest this review came from my two grandsons, the youngest (6) watched in 2D and said thanks grandad, well I guess that makes it a 5 star??? The eldest (11) said it was just as good as the first one and was even funnier. I can only go by what they tell me, I haven't watched all the way through myself yet. so watch this space.
on 6 April 2014
The last U certificate film i watched was a pure childrens offering & really didn't work on an adult level.So i was a bit unsure what this sequel could offer,especially after such a good original.Firstly,all the characters are just great,all with funny quirks,thankfully it's the same daft bunch as last time as they try to stop a mad scientist destroying Lockwoods bonkers food animal island.
The one liners & literal jokes come thick & fast with Mr Ts character getting alot of really good lines.The film is very colourful,bit of a feast for the eyes,with more food animals whos names might sound familiar.
As i watched this it suddenly struck me what it actually was,"Jurassic Park:The Lost World",it's not a direct copy,far from it,but the basic story of an entire island of jurassic size food monsters isn't a million miles away.
Very funny & plenty to keep adults,kids or entire families entertained,if you liked the first,you'll love this.
on 8 January 2014
When I saw the first trailer for this I thought it looked like a horrible, childish cash grab. But I was pleasantly surprised after seeing it, this is actually a very funny film, also great for adults and fans of the first film, definitely worth checking out.
on 23 January 2014
I took my neice and nephew to see this film - they are 9 and 6 years old respectively. I can tell you they both giggled away and thoroughly enjoyed this film. The film plays well to a broad age range, adults included. It's well animated - the 3D was good - funny and is full of great characters - the foodimals are hilarious! 5 stars!
on 30 March 2014
Awesome movie. Great characters, especially the "food monsters".. My favourite is the tacodile. Lots of fun for all the family from little ones to cheeky one-liners for the adults. Definitely recommend it.
on 17 July 2015
The first one was great, this one is just an hour of silly slapstick and awful jokes. The characters are imaginative to say the least and I was confused until the end, the last 20 mins when I actually laughed out loud twice. Those sweet and funny moments at the end redeemed the first half of the film for me, but only just.
on 23 March 2014
Went to see this at the cinema, was slightly apprehensive as some sequels are pretty rubbish. Very impressed with this film though! my favourite character is Barry (The strawberry). Very good family film, and UV copy handy for on the road, out & about. The jokes are very similar to the first film in the way they're presented and the film had me laughing out loud in the cinema and watching it again at home.
You do not need to watch the first one to understand what's going on in this film as they re-cap at the beginning of this film, but to get to know the characters and the town i recommend you watch the first one before this.
on 29 March 2016
Can your ideas change the world? Every time I hear this I get goosebumps hehe, to my daughter is just innocent cartoonish fun but to me it seems like an illuminati brainwashing kind of programming video. Conspiracist much?

Well, I love the film we have the first one and its great fun, my favourite character must be Earl voiced by Mister T but on this one was voiced by Terry Crews it's just hilarious, I love the way they exaggerate their movements and expressions much like Hotel Transylvania characters also by Sony. Very original in my opinion, also it arrive on time and in good condition.