on 15 June 2016
Quality product at a good price. The screw tops are a bit flimsy everything else was fine.
on 24 March 2017
Pretty good. Takara was better.
on 26 September 2014
I would highly recommend this wine, its great tasting with a smooth fruit flavour but it isn't over powering either and is usable in cooking desserts as well if your looking for something different. You get a lot for the money with it being a case of two, well not case but well protected in bubble-wrap, either way I've brought a few of these and never had one break, so excellent care on delivery as well.
"Made from Steeping ripe green Ume fruit in Shochu" - ume are plums from the prunus mume tree, and shochu ('burnt liquor') is an old-fashioned japanese drink made from fermented barley or rice with a distinctive sweet/sour taste. Alcohol content is 10%. Apparently this drink is very popular in Japan.
I bought it because friends coming back from HK had bought me a bottle of Choya extra aged, which I loved. When it was finished i checked UK availability, but it is *very* expensive, so I thought I would try this version: same brand, but without the aging (or the plums in the bottle). I think this is very nice too, but not as wonderful (and i use the term on purpose!) as the aged Choya. More affordable, though, and very drinkabel. I enjoy it after a nice meal as an 'digestif' for which it is purrfect!
on 24 July 2014
If you like Japanese Plum Wine, you'll like this. For the price you pay - it's worth it.
on 19 November 2014
I thought I'd give this a try after enjoying a bottle of Choya Sake. It's much sweeter than I'd expected, a little bit like cough medicine, not really to my liking. I think this probably appeals to people who like Red Bull. I'll stick to sake which is a much more delicate flavour.
on 1 September 2015
I have been buying plum wine for at least 20 years from a Japanese supermarket. The price has become very expensive but I managed to find this on Amazon and get nearly two bottles for the price I was paying originally from the shops. It's really delicious and great with ice.
on 10 May 2015
Very quick to arrive, packaging good. Very nice and went down a treat.
on 10 February 2015
A smooth and refreshing fortified plum wine.
on 19 February 2017
a bit too sweet compared​ to other Choya