on 9 May 2017
Marvellous picture quality of this Blu-ray.I connected to a 3D Samsung ES8000 and the result was awesome. The BD wise feature of a Samsung Tv and a Samsung Blu-ray was really effective.I bought this Blu-ray to enjoy 3D movies and I was rewarded with stunning quality of the effects.
on 25 July 2014
Fits in very well with my Samsung TV. Set up time was minimal and the quality was very good and crystal clear. Not sure about ALL the Aps, but may use BBCiplayer etc.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 17 June 2014
I've been watching DVDs on a Wharefdale player since God knows when. At the forefront of cutting edge technology at the time, things have progressed somewhat over the intervening 20 years and with the film industry pursuing Blu-ray only releases, it was time for an update. There was nothing wrong with my DVD player; it was just getting long in the tooth. (Actually, my television needs updating too, which in turn will need some form of soundbar or speakers but that's for another time.) After doing the rounds of reviews, shops and whatnot, I plumped for this little beauty from Samsung.

As it's Wi-Fi enabled and has lots of apps, I thought it might need a degree to install but all that is simplicity itself. Plug it in, turn it on and off you go. Select your networking name from the list and then it downloads all the available apps for you. I did need to update the software version from 1016 to 1017, which took a little while, but that time is spent familiarising yourself with the rest of the manual. The thing is, I didn't actually get this because of all that but it's there if I want it. For those who want to know, the seven major ones are there, including Amazon Instant Video and BBC iPlayer, along with 14 others (Facebook, Twitter, etc., and for some reason Right Move). The 'Allshare' option could be interesting, as it allows you to play photos, videos, music, etc. on your PC or even mobile through the Blu-ray.

Mind you, all that is by-the-by; the most important thing is the picture on the screen. On my current seven year old HD ready Toshiba it all looks superb and the demonstration in the shop on a far better TV was much improved. If you have a decent full HD television and a good HDMI lead (I'm using QED Profile), you're in for a treat. It upscales to 4K, which is handy for anyone thinking of buying a compatible telly. It's also 3D, and again it's there if need be but for now I have no interest in that particular feature.

There are plenty of connections round the back; two HDMIs, a LAN, 7.1 channel analogue out, and an optical socket. There is also a USB port under a flap at the front. It's also a lot smaller and lighter than my ancient DVD machine. The 45 button remote (though four are disabled unless you have the same brand TV) is easy to use, with the main buttons falling neatly to hand. There are also four buttons (power, open/close, play/pause, and stop) on the top of the unit itself.

There isn't anything about this player that I dislike. It's aesthetically pleasing too. This is something of a bargain. (Support your local independent retailer; you never know what discount they might give if you ask nicely.)
review image
on 30 January 2014
It's the fastest loading player I've ever had, good picture quality. The remote can be a little fiddly but it does everything it says on the tin.
on 20 February 2014
A highly produced product, excellent quality sound and picture with plenty of functionality. Cannot find any bad points to talk about.
on 31 December 2013
I'm still some way from using all the functions, but in general I can't fault this product at all. Very happy with my purchase.
on 5 February 2014
Excellent clarity when connected to my Samsung EU LED TV. Both devices sync up with Samsung's 'BD-Wise' technology. Haven't tried 3D, yet.
on 8 July 2014
I'm very happy.It works well with my new samsung smart TV .It also works well with my older Sony.
The only problem so far is that Demand 5 on the AppStore is not on.We had a similar problem with the TV but the engineers sorted it remotely.
on 27 January 2014
Does what it said on the box , very easy to set up & good value for money.
Tidy, attractive kit.
on 20 June 2014
Bought this of the back of excellent reviews and have been very happy with it. The reason I went for this more expensive model was that the model down was apparently more noisy and I hate players you can hear whirring. This is not audible when playing a disc, it looks good and the smart features are excellent. Haven't had any dropped connections and that is on wifi with a fairly mediocre internet speed of 4mbps.

The surfing of the apps is fast enough and the interfaces of all the catch up services are pretty good.

3D looked great to me. Very happy!